Texas Fishing Forum

Need to vent...

Posted By: BCBassCat

Need to vent... - 05/28/17 08:17 PM

Ok so we just moved here from out of state and I was very excited to be 5 minutes from a Ray Roberts. Well we are in an apartment for a few more months while our house is being built. This fact is important due to all our stuff being in storage. I was able to fish for roughly 20-25 hours back in March before my outboard went down. Paid a pretty penny to get it back up and running and went out for the first time since on Friday. Was able to rustle up a few fish despite the windy conditions. So today I take my boat over to the house and the temporary power pole (not the shallow water anchor type) to put my batteries on charge for a few hours and try to make a Sunday afternoon trip (conditions are great). Battery charger is dead!! All my tools, meter, or anything could help me get out on the water is out of reach. It seems ALL odds are against me to do what I love to do...I wish I could laugh it off and say something funny right now but I'm just plain disgusted and any words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated...
Posted By: boocat

Re: Need to vent... - 05/28/17 08:38 PM

Ok vent noted, I had to live in an apt for a while,, sux. Also lost a wife when she was 53. You want a little perspective? Right now some poor guy in a prison in some third world country is probably getting his eyes gouged out with a piece of broken glass.. Have you ever seen what life is like in a slum in Mumbai India.. I know, life is hard.
Posted By: Muzzlebrake

Re: Need to vent... - 05/28/17 09:01 PM

Head on up to Lone Oak Road bridge and catch some kitty cats. Garlic soaked chicken breast or shad from a throw net off the ramp. Buck Creek boat ramp too for some bank fishing. Sandies run thru there every evening.
Fellow don't want to fish very bad if he got to make up a bunch of lame excuses. smile
Take an umbrella smile
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Need to vent... - 05/29/17 01:19 AM

Toughen up nancy
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Need to vent... - 05/29/17 01:48 AM

Lol, no doubt about it, first world problems.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Need to vent... - 05/30/17 12:57 AM

You need to accentuate your positives.....just think, you could live 10min from the lake.
Posted By: formula462

Re: Need to vent... - 05/30/17 01:40 AM

Great..now she's attracting bears

Re: Need to vent... - 05/30/17 02:24 AM

Appreciate all the positive words guys really puts things in perspective for me...

As for the bears Mr. 462 I was having a "glass case of emotions" moment mind you...

Re: Need to vent... - 05/30/17 01:17 PM

We all get the "poor me's" now and then, It's ok, could always be alot worse.
Posted By: LakeForkGroupie

Re: Need to vent... - 05/31/17 04:31 PM

I got a new to me boat this fall, while also having my first kid and buying a house and the wife losing her job. Fun times. Well trolling motor battery died, replaced, next trip cranking batter died, next trip tie down in back broke, next trip wench stap got replaced. Also lost a net due to rats eating on it.

No one said the dream was easy. Keep the hammer down.
Posted By: Lloyd5

Re: Need to vent... - 05/31/17 05:14 PM

Never sweat the small stuff.

You can tell if it is big stuff because there will be sirens and an ambulance.

Fact.
Posted By: grandpa75672

Re: Need to vent... - 05/31/17 05:54 PM

The local guides would love to show you around the lake...........

for a price. Karma may be taking a hand. She (Karma) may he protecting you from a
"there but by the Grace of God) situation.
Posted By: cbeathard

Re: Need to vent... - 05/31/17 09:35 PM

If you still cant figure the charge situation out bring it by my house in Denton ill plug you up.
Posted By: formula462

Re: Need to vent... - 05/31/17 10:26 PM

Originally Posted By: BCBassCat
Appreciate all the positive words guys really puts things in perspective for me...

As for the bears Mr. 462 I was having a "glass case of emotions" moment mind you...

lol

Re: Need to vent... - 05/31/17 11:15 PM

I cried because I had no shoes until I met a man that had no feet.

Im understanding that more and more in my later years
Posted By: General Jigs

Re: Need to vent... - 06/01/17 12:12 AM

so you are building a house, live 5 minutes from the lake, have a boat...whats to complain about?

Re: Need to vent... - 06/01/17 04:45 AM

Originally Posted By: cbeathard
If you still cant figure the charge situation out bring it by my house in Denton ill plug you up.

That's a very kind gesture man. PM me I might take you up on that offer.

Re: Need to vent... - 06/01/17 04:54 AM

Originally Posted By: General Jigs
so you are building a house, live 5 minutes from the lake, have a boat...whats to complain about?

Definetly blessed beyond measure sir!!
Posted By: dgilbert

Re: Need to vent... - 06/01/17 11:37 PM

Life is to short, a lot worst things in life, this is not worth venting about. Must had it easy where you come from.

Re: Need to vent... - 06/02/17 12:06 AM

Originally Posted By: dgilbert
Life is to short, a lot worst things in life, this is not worth venting about. Must had it easy where you come from.

I'd like to make it clear that it was a bad afternoon due only to the fact that I was super excited to get my boat back after two months and finally get back out on the water. It's a stress relief you know? I can't because my batteries are dead and my charger is shot. I have no means to work on it, all my stuff is in storage. All really small things in the big picture I know. I also know that nothing in life comes easy, and I was trying to make light of it kinda a sorta. If I was seriously wanting to vent this is the last place I'd do it. Most everybody understands that I hope....

Re: Need to vent... - 06/02/17 12:09 AM

it's ok

Re: Need to vent... - 06/02/17 01:00 AM

Originally Posted By: boocat
it's ok

Is that an okay? Or ooookaaay? JK...
Posted By: Crankalot

Re: Need to vent... - 06/02/17 04:46 AM

Re: Need to vent... - 06/02/17 10:07 AM

it's ok, no worries, be happy, no stress, take it easy, keep the shiny side up, it will get better,
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Need to vent... - 06/02/17 11:03 AM

It's always a game of mind over matter....
Posted By: donothin

Re: Need to vent... - 06/02/17 12:14 PM

I understand your frustrations and realize that you do not think it is the end of the world. When you are excited about some expectation and it falls through at the last minute, especially when it is about being on the water, it is a downer for sure. But things will get better.
Posted By: hook-line&sinker

Re: Need to vent... - 06/02/17 12:50 PM

Leave the boat at home and just go fish! You don't need much between you and a few little old fish anyway!

We are designed and created to persevere on this journey through Life where the measure of earthly success we often use is our own but the Lord knows better. We will not be remembered long after passing from this world for what we take, we will be remembered for what we gave out of love for all creation.
Posted By: Muzzlebrake

Re: Need to vent... - 06/02/17 10:55 PM

Janis Joplin had the same problem. Oh Lord won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz.
Posted By: Bruce Allen

Re: Need to vent... - 06/02/17 11:38 PM

patience is a virtue we all need to learn
Posted By: fishincontrol

Re: Need to vent... - 06/03/17 11:47 AM

Just imagine the worse luck your bad luck may have prevented.
Posted By: Brandon Adamcik

Re: Need to vent... - 06/03/17 01:28 PM

crying
Posted By: eyeball

Re: Need to vent... - 06/03/17 04:19 PM

Lord may have saved you from a south of the border defective 18 wheeler.

I have dumped the boat in the drink, parked the truck, and had to pull the battery and drop it in the boat.

Re: Need to vent... - 06/05/17 02:24 AM

I finally got out for a few hours this afternoon. Amazing how a 44$ Wally World charger and some perseverance can change things. Caught a few this is the best one not counting the 5 pound drum...
Posted By: Hog Jaw

Re: Need to vent... - 06/05/17 04:08 AM

Oh Happy Day
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: Need to vent... - 06/05/17 01:20 PM

That is life.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum