Texas Fishing Forum

Legend and Phoenix bass boats

Posted By: Stepnpress

Legend and Phoenix bass boats - 05/02/17 09:35 PM

Am I completely off base by thinking Legend and Phoenix must be pretty good boats, considering you can't find any used Phoenix at all and very few Legend? I have a Ranger 520 now and am considering going to one of these. Thoughts?
Posted By: GRUMPS

Re: Legend and Phoenix bass boats - 05/02/17 09:47 PM

Both are great. Have had both and either one will serve you well.
Posted By: crankbait745

Re: Legend and Phoenix bass boats - 05/03/17 12:46 AM

I had a legend and I would go with the phoenix.
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Legend and Phoenix bass boats - 05/03/17 01:13 AM

A lot fewer of these sold every year compared to Ranger so fewer out there but it does seem people hold onto them longer too.
Posted By: KingwoodCat

Re: Legend and Phoenix bass boats - 05/03/17 02:40 AM

Kitty Kat is the answer.
Posted By: KutTail71

Re: Legend and Phoenix bass boats - 05/03/17 03:13 AM

I've been in a buddy's Phoenix 721. It rode sooo nice and smooth. It would turn like it was on rails and high speeds. Great fishing platform.
Posted By: spacejunkie

Re: Legend and Phoenix bass boats - 05/03/17 11:59 AM

Have a Legend and have ridden in a Phoenix. Both will get the job done about the same. Features and storage needs should be what makes you pick one brand over the other.
Posted By: bush hog

Re: Legend and Phoenix bass boats - 05/03/17 01:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Bossbowman
A lot fewer of these sold every year compared to Ranger so fewer out there but it does seem people hold onto them longer too.
Exactly....compared to Ranger, Phoenix is still relatively new to the market and there just aren't as many out there as Rangers. With that said, I love my Phoenix and would only sell it to get another one.
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Legend and Phoenix bass boats - 05/03/17 01:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Stepnpress
Am I completely off base by thinking Legend and Phoenix must be pretty good boats, considering you can't find any used Phoenix at all and very few Legend? I have a Ranger 520 now and am considering going to one of these. Thoughts?

If I were going to change I think it would have to be the Phoenix, why you wanting to change ?
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Legend and Phoenix bass boats - 05/03/17 01:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Happykamper

If I were going to change I think it would have to be the Phoenix, why you wanting to change ?

Because he is in a Ranger. Wants to upgrade
Posted By: PurplePhoenix

Re: Legend and Phoenix bass boats - 05/03/17 02:25 PM

Both boats are good. I bought mine last year. I looked at both. Drove both... Fished out of both before purchase. Liked tackle Storage features in Phoenix better. Liked how compartment entries are so clean all edges smooth. Top cap is poured ready for lids....not cut out. Boat is solid. Trailer on Phoenix is sprayed with linex...very nice. Phoenix will run away and hide from the legend as well. Top end speed is crazy if you want to push it.
Posted By: C130

Re: Legend and Phoenix bass boats - 05/03/17 02:31 PM

I spent a lot of time looking at Legends yesterday while waiting to have a trolling motor installed. Beautiful boats, huge front deck, but I didn't care for the layout at all. I know that's a personal preference but it just didn't seem to have some of the little extra storage spaces my Bass Cat has. I know I'm biased and the Legend is definitely a very nice boat, the thing was huge. There are so many great choices and doubt any of them are bad choices, just have to get the one you like best. I'm very happy with my Bass Cat so I know I made the right decision for me the more I look at other brands. They are all very nice and it's great to have so many options.

Re: Legend and Phoenix bass boats - 05/03/17 04:30 PM

Just have an older Ranger, time to upgrade
Posted By: T-Rig Ranger

Re: Legend and Phoenix bass boats - 05/03/17 06:47 PM

I've owned Ranger and Legend and liked different things about both. I would not hesitate to buy either again.

I have never been in a Phoenix but have kicked the tires a few times. I just don't like the looks of them. The large Phoenix emblem that is on the side of the boat and the wavy lines on the rear of the boat just look odd to me.
Posted By: Devil Horse

Re: Legend and Phoenix bass boats - 05/04/17 01:20 AM

4 years from now, which out of those brands would be easier to sell?

Re: Legend and Phoenix bass boats - 05/04/17 01:40 AM

I don't think it would be hard to sell either. However there are far less used Phoenix boats for sale at the moment. I like both, was mainly just curious why the lack of used ones for sale. There a a lot more Rangers and Skeeters for sale on he used market.
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Legend and Phoenix bass boats - 05/04/17 02:40 AM

Next time somebody with a 21 foot Phoenix is on lake Texoma give me a shout, would love to ride in and drive one, you can drive my triton 21 TRX, would love to compare the two boats, pm me a number if you know when you will be there, thanks.
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Legend and Phoenix bass boats - 05/04/17 03:49 AM

They're fast, seems more stable than I'd think for a fast boat too.

Posted By: Devil Horse

Re: Legend and Phoenix bass boats - 05/04/17 06:18 AM

I don't think it would be hard to sell either. However there are far less used Phoenix boats for sale at the moment. I like both, was mainly just curious why the lack of used ones for sale. There a a lot more Rangers and Skeeters for sale on he used market.

because there are a LOT more skeeter and rangers sold
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum