Texas Fishing Forum

need help picking out a reel......

Posted By: Shooter_817

need help picking out a reel...... - 04/18/17 11:39 AM

Hey guys im stuck on trying to pick which reel to get
I hear a lot that the shimano Citca and the Curado are very similar
But idk which reel should i get that best suites my fishing
I do a lot of Dam fishing and i throw out 6" swimbaits
I already have the older conarch for my top water rod already so right now im stuck in deciding from a Shimano Citca, Curado, or a Casitas???

If you guys have any in put please let me know
Posted By: TexasHarleySales

Re: need help picking out a reel...... - 04/18/17 10:04 PM

Curado. Best reel for the $$$ in my opinion, unless you morph into throwing massive baits, in which case you need an entirely different beast. I'd do the 300, but that's just me, and I'd also maybe throw a bigger bait, but again, that's just me.

Re: need help picking out a reel...... - 04/19/17 11:01 AM

Thanks for the Input right now im really leaning towards the curado or the tranx 300 but might just go for the curado since its more fitting for my budget
Posted By: jnogreen

Re: need help picking out a reel...... - 04/19/17 05:00 PM

I like to do a lot of Dam fishin too

Re: need help picking out a reel...... - 04/19/17 05:03 PM

lmfao ahahahaha
didnt even catch that haha
Posted By: TigersWhiteSon

Re: need help picking out a reel...... - 04/20/17 07:46 PM

i have a citica 200e that im fixing to sell for $70

Re: need help picking out a reel...... - 04/24/17 11:19 AM

Sorry i need a left hand reel
if you had the 201 i would of picked it up
Posted By: Zwhitehead04

Re: need help picking out a reel...... - 04/24/17 10:09 PM

I fished shimano my whole life and then I bought a 13 fishing concept A. Best reels on the market for quality price drag rating and all around integrity. I will never buy another shimano!
Posted By: mrdvant

Re: need help picking out a reel...... - 04/26/17 05:21 PM

I'm gonna hijack here, so as not to start another thread. I've only begun fishing the last couple years and so far I've stuck to $100 and lower reels. My buddy recently used a friend's 13 Concept TX down at the coast and said it was amazing, that with the same effort we used on our reels he got 2-3x the casting distance. I don't really want to spend 300 dollars on a reel, my wife would kill me. Right now, I'm using an Abu Garcia ProMax as my main reel, with a few other cheaper reels mixed in. The Curado 70 is within my price range, as is the 13 Concept A, and -maybe- the concept C. Are these considerably better on casting distance and general quality than the ProMax? Is it worth the extra money to go up from the 13 Concept A to the Concept C?
Posted By: Indianation65

Re: need help picking out a reel...... - 04/26/17 06:13 PM

I just bought a SixGill Hyperion baitcaster. It has not arrived, but the warehouse is in Southlake.

The company owner is in Michigan, and he called me a little while ago about my order.

I'll report back once I get it, but I do hear good things about them.

...------

SixGill
Posted By: Indianation65

Re: need help picking out a reel...... - 04/26/17 06:15 PM

Addendum: I realize you asked about "specific" reels mentioned above, but I thought it couldn't hurt to chime in regardless about my new find.

...good luck!
Posted By: ACAMS

Re: need help picking out a reel...... - 04/27/17 05:02 PM

I have, and would recommend the Curado 300 if you have small hands or the Calcutta 300TE if you have large hands and a thick wallet ..... BOTH are smooth as silk and very strong reels with the Calcutta being the best of the two.
I use the Calcutta 300TE for river fishing and have hauled in some very big fish with them and I use my Curado 300 on my swim bait rod and both will cast a pretty good ways!
Posted By: CarlT

Re: need help picking out a reel...... - 04/27/17 05:34 PM

If you like round reels, calcutta is hard to beat. Easy to take apart and maintain.

Re: need help picking out a reel...... - 04/27/17 06:27 PM

I honestly can tell you that a 13 fishing inception will cast almost if not just as far as my concept C the E is amazing and the A is too but if your looking for a bang for your buck type deal definitely go with a inception but after fishing with 13 fishing I will never fish with another shimano for as long as I live!

Re: need help picking out a reel...... - 04/27/17 06:31 PM

the 13 fishing reels are ahead of the curve by a long shot of any other brand on the market. I would recommend the inception or A the C is a great reel I own all of them except the TX and the KP and I have never had a single problem out of any of my reels. Rule of thumb if your looking for a new reel, press the button spin the spool and count how many seconds it spins. The concept reels will out spin the most expensive shimano you can find by 5-8 seconds and a lot of people say oh I'll just backlash that thing, well little do they know that the braking system is flawless on these reels and you can't beat 18-22lb drag systems either.
Posted By: Crankalot

Re: need help picking out a reel...... - 04/28/17 04:07 AM

Lew's Tournament Pro G. My Curados went for sell a soon as I tried the Pro G. And they can be found cheap online. I paid$134.99 for the last one
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum