Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Palestine

Posted By: crankbait 1

Lake Palestine - 11/16/16 02:28 PM

I have read that the water level is low on Palestine if so I'm sure there is no way to float across the old road bed out from the ramp on 315 to get into Kickapoo area. If not able to get across old road bed is there another way to get into the Kickapoo area I had heard that there is a boat ramp on Hwy 31 not sure if this is true? As you can tell I'm not very familiar with the lake only been on it a couple of time got hung up once trying to get across road bed and could not find another way across or in.
Posted By: ACAMS

Re: Lake Palestine - 11/16/16 04:46 PM

I have not been on that end of the lake, but I doubt it is that low ..... I would call it normal level now.
I don't know what you are fishing for, but the bass and crappie are kinda scattered right now at all depths and would not be looking for them up in the creeks till after this week end cold front!
Posted By: Palestino

Re: Lake Palestine - 11/16/16 04:58 PM

No boat ramps on 31. You might still be able to find a spot to cross near one of the old bridges. Lake is 2' low and dropping. Lots of stumps starting to show. Lake has been bombarded with tournaments for last several weeks. Fish are probably still recovering from being whacked by every lure ever made for weeks on end! We definitely need some water soon.
Posted By: MarcM64

Re: Lake Palestine - 11/16/16 05:40 PM

Put in at the kickapoo ramp last saturday. I have an aluminum Ranger and almost did'nt make it out! You're never locked out of kickapoo. You can still cross the roadbed! Word of warning, lots of stumps! If you're in a big boat, its rough!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum