Texas Fishing Forum

"Great" Lakes

Posted By: Rayzor

"Great" Lakes - 11/13/16 01:52 AM

A lot of Texas lakes are devoid of vegetation. Conroe, Raven, Fayette, and Coleto have all fallen victim to spraying, carp stocking or both. Do me a favor. Please list the lake that you fish that still has some great growth.
Posted By: Curtbass

Re: "Great" Lakes - 11/14/16 02:52 AM

Its statewide.... very few have vegetation.... & if they do, it gets HAMMERED!!! Just the way it goes...
Posted By: OliverBassin

Re: "Great" Lakes - 11/14/16 07:20 AM

So its common? few vegetation?
Posted By: burner42

Re: "Great" Lakes - 11/14/16 03:49 PM

Lake Athens has tons of grass and vegetation.
Posted By: blooper961

Re: "Great" Lakes - 11/14/16 08:04 PM

You can add Joe Pool to all clay bottom no grass lakes
Posted By: photofishin

Re: "Great" Lakes - 11/14/16 10:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Rayzor
A lot of Texas lakes are devoid of vegetation. Conroe, Raven, Fayette, and Coleto have all fallen victim to spraying, carp stocking or both. Do me a favor. Please list the lake that you fish that still has some great growth.

Fayette is not devoid of vegetation...not as much hydrilla as in the old days but plenty of grass still there along with cattails etc.
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: "Great" Lakes - 11/15/16 12:45 AM

Originally Posted By: Curtbass
Its statewide.... very few have vegetation.... & if they do, it gets HAMMERED!!! Just the way it goes...

I know that T-Bend used to have plenty. The last time I was at Big Sam, I couldn't believe how much hydrilla was here.
Posted By: Kemo Sabe

Re: "Great" Lakes - 11/16/16 06:21 AM

WRIGHT PATMAN is a clay bottomed mud hole with no vegetation.
Posted By: Allen Bass Fisher

Re: "Great" Lakes - 11/16/16 08:04 PM

Welsh has vegetation as does Brandy Branch.
Posted By: C.M.

Re: "Great" Lakes - 11/17/16 02:30 AM

If water hyacinths (large floating plant) counts: Texana, Houston, Raven and Sheldon are full of it. I think all lakes in the south of Texas have it.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum