Texas Fishing Forum

Sheldon Lake question

Posted By: dk2429

Sheldon Lake question - 11/07/16 05:26 AM

I'm wondering if the ramp on Sheldon Lake in Houston is usable. I have a 22ft bay boat and wanting to bass fish here. I know it's not everyday you would see this size of a boat in a small lake like this but after reading about the bass fishing here I'm willing to give it a try. I'm just curious if this ramp will get a 22ft boat in and out safely. If not then I can find somebody with a flat bottom and a trolling motor
Posted By: mark.tpt

Re: Sheldon Lake question - 11/07/16 06:25 PM

It's a pretty terrible ramp, but it will work. I've been on that lake in my brother's 22' bay boat, and it worked just fine.

That said, there is a lot of floating vegetation on the lake, and when the wind is out of the north or east, it collects at the ramp. No problem for an outboard, but a giant mess on your trailer!

Also, once you lauch, maintain idle speed and have someone watching ahead for stumps.
Posted By: kevine80

Re: Sheldon Lake question - 11/09/16 03:15 AM

its the strangest boat ramp youll ever see
a boat that big will be a handfull --so much vegetation with a north wind that your trailer will look like swamp thing !
Posted By: kevine80

Re: Sheldon Lake question - 11/09/16 03:16 AM

click on my name and read some past posts regarding sheldon --maybe get some ideas --have fun !
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum