Texas Fishing Forum

New guy

Posted By: wyatt c

New guy - 10/14/16 04:55 PM

I'm new to the forum. From around jasper so I've fished Rayburn and Toledo a little bit. Got stationed in Abilene and was wondering if anybody knew of any places around here to go fishing. Any help is appreciated!
Posted By: Uncle Zeek

Re: New guy - 10/14/16 07:06 PM

welcome

Afraid I don't know the Abilene area at all. But there's plenty of good people on here who will help you out.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: New guy - 10/14/16 07:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Uncle Zeek
welcome

Afraid I don't know the Abilene area at all. But there's plenty of good people on here who will help you out.

Plus #1.
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: New guy - 10/15/16 12:09 AM

Welcome to the forum. Pull up your earth satellite and look for Ivie. That is your closest best lake. Only about 70 miles South at Ballenger. Another good lake south about 70 miles is Oak Creek. Go North to Hubbard Creek. It is full of water now. Ivie is still very low.

Re: New guy - 10/15/16 10:02 PM

I appreciate it gents! I know of ivie and possum kingdom but have never fished them. Another key factor is I don't have a boat haha. So I'm still just trying to find stock tanks and small lakes that have some clearish banks for me to walk around
Posted By: kickingback

Re: New guy - 10/16/16 10:04 AM

Kirby still have water and fish? Possum Kingdom will be your best bet for crappie and bass. When I was stationed there I just planned longer trips to Dallas-Ft Worth lakes which are the best and on fire! Toledo Bend, Rayburn, Lavon, Fork and a few others.
Posted By: Bandit 200 XP

Re: New guy - 10/16/16 11:49 AM

welcome
Posted By: dhelms

Re: New guy - 10/17/16 01:29 AM

welcome

Re: New guy - 10/17/16 02:34 PM

kirby still has water and i hear a lot of guys catfishing there. its just such a nasty lake. which lakes did you go to in the dfw area? and did you you have your own boat?
Posted By: Spooley

Re: New guy - 11/02/16 07:47 AM

welcome
Posted By: Scaramouche

Re: New guy - 11/02/16 01:53 PM

You don't really need a boat to fish the tailwater at Possum Kingdom. Watch the Fly Fishing threads for activity.

Re: New guy - 11/04/16 02:25 AM

alright, thanks! ill look into that! if anyone ever needs a fishin partner im always game!
Posted By: bjankowski

Re: New guy - 11/05/16 04:52 AM

I have a second house on PK and I drive to Odessa once a week, you're only a little over an hour away. Go through Albany Breckenridge... Possum Kingdom is a big lake with great Bass, Striper and Sand Bass.. if you're into Catfishing, we have some big blues out here.
Posted By: fray

Re: New guy - 11/05/16 09:06 PM

Welcome
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum