Texas Fishing Forum

Posted By: Camoman1966

Newbie - 10/13/16 01:19 AM

Hello, I'm the new guy. I have very limited fishing experience but my boy wanted to go fishing and talked me into a boat so here we are. I'm looking forward to taking advantage of all of your fishing experience. Thanks in advance!
Posted By: jbobo

Re: Newbie - 10/13/16 01:25 AM

welcome
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Newbie - 10/13/16 01:37 AM

Glad your here. welcome
Posted By: Rudy Lackey

Re: Newbie - 10/13/16 03:30 PM

coolWelcome
Posted By: flexpress

Re: Newbie - 10/13/16 04:43 PM

Welcome ! what are you targeting ! what location you in add it to your profile will help others to help you ...again welcome
Posted By: Camoman1966

Re: Newbie - 10/13/16 05:57 PM

Thank you. I'm out of Red Oak, just north of Waxahachie. I'm mainly looking to fish for Striper, Crappie, and Catfish, and maybe even some bowfishing eventually. Several lakes have my interest, Texoma, Whitney, Cedar Creek, Richland Chambers, Tawakoni, and Toledo Bend are on my list. Have been to Bardwell, Texoma, and Richland Chambers so far over the past month. Trying to learn my way around.
Posted By: Bandit 200 XP

Re: Newbie - 10/14/16 04:48 PM

welcome flag
Posted By: dhelms

Re: Newbie - 10/17/16 01:48 AM

welcome
Posted By: Spooley

Re: Newbie - 10/20/16 01:43 AM

welcome
Posted By: BigBassB

Re: Newbie - 10/20/16 04:49 PM

Welcome! You can gain alot of useful knowledge on this site. Best of luck to you and your boy.
Posted By: RHP

Re: Newbie - 10/21/16 10:59 PM

Welcome aboard.
Posted By: Hoghunter36

Re: Newbie - 10/25/16 03:37 PM

Welcome!

Don't over look waxahachie it's a good little lake for crappie , catfish, sandbags, and other species!
Posted By: toofy

Re: Newbie - 10/27/16 02:37 AM

Originally Posted By: Camoman1966
Hello, I'm the new guy. I have very limited fishing experience but my boy wanted to go fishing and talked me into a boat so here we are. I'm looking forward to taking advantage of all of your fishing experience. Thanks in advance!

I did the same thing about a year ago. My 2 boys (ages 10 and 12) had a blast fishing off the grandparent's dock at Pickwick, Tennessee for several summers so I decided to get a boat and take them to the next level. I spent most of my time for the first few months fishing without them because I want to get good at it and be able to teach them and give them a good time. I think if I took them out without knowing what I am doing, they would get frustrated for never catching anything and never want to go back out with me.

Ironically, I originally did this as a way to do something with my boys, but now I am addicted and go out by myself whenever I get a chance.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum