Texas Fishing Forum

Near death experience

Posted By: Just James

Near death experience - 10/05/16 02:47 PM

Well guys I am back! I was going to lake Fork to fish with a guide Monday the 19th, my wife was paying for a trip for my birthday. I went to the bank Sunday evening about 6pm to get cash out the atm for my trip. On the way home I was on Hwy 21 and I saw a 1 ton truck hit a curve at extremely high speed, I thought " of god, hes not gonna make the curve, at that instant he flew across my lane, went in the bar ditch on my side at a fast speed, heading in my direction, I actually thought he would crash when he hit the culvert but it ejected him back in my lane airborn! all I could think of was, am I right with the lord to die, I hit my brake hard and spun my steering wheel to the left and instead of a head on he tboned the passengere side of my crew cab, the impact was so hard all air bags deployed, my truck went into a spin around, then the passenger rear tire blew completely off the rim and my truck flipped completely over 2 times , I ended up upside down! I had my basset hound and walker hound with me and only the basset was seat belted in, I was shocked that neither dog had a scratch. Now get this, when the EMT people got there to load me up in the ambulance, the EMT"s son was driving his truck that hit me!! what a sick look on his face!!!
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Near death experience - 10/05/16 02:55 PM

Glad you're ok. What about the other driver?
Posted By: JJ4MEL

Re: Near death experience - 10/05/16 03:17 PM

WOW, can't imagine how scary that was for all involved. Glad to hear you were ok and hope the other driver is ok too.
Posted By: Bandit 200 XP

Re: Near death experience - 10/05/16 03:31 PM

Originally Posted By: fouzman
Glad you're ok. What about the other driver?
Posted By: flexpress

Re: Near death experience - 10/05/16 04:54 PM

Well was you right with the Lord ? If not get right my friend ! Praying for all involved !
Posted By: TxRanger1

Re: Near death experience - 10/05/16 05:34 PM

Did you catch any fish?
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Near death experience - 10/05/16 05:40 PM

Thanks unto GOD you are OK ! Hope the driver of the other vehicle is OK as well. Also glad your dogs did not get injured or killed. Remember the bible verse. "In all things,give thanks unto the Lord"! God truly has something he wants you to do! thumb
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Near death experience - 10/06/16 11:25 AM

Just James, Didn't you have some type of wreck or you were involved in a a wreck on a bridge a few years ago?
Posted By: butch sanders

Re: Near death experience - 10/06/16 11:40 AM

i fear the teenage driver
glad it worked out
Posted By: Cast

Re: Near death experience - 10/06/16 01:08 PM

And the dogs?
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Near death experience - 10/06/16 03:05 PM

Woah! Sounds like a miracle. Hope everyone is ok.
Posted By: HItec Redneck

Re: Near death experience - 10/08/16 12:54 AM

That was way too close. I'm glad you and your passengers were not hurt.
Posted By: 1oldbassguy

Re: Near death experience - 10/08/16 02:45 AM

glad your OK , I truly believe miracles happen everyday ---we just have to have our eyes open .
The way you described your accident, kinda reminds me of the book , 90 Minutes in Heaven --- story about Don Pipers car accident in Texas .
Hope the other driver was OK .
Posted By: roadtrip

Re: Near death experience - 10/08/16 05:15 PM

Glad you're ok. In the last year I've been in one and barely missed being collateral damage in 2 more. All on Hawn Freeway. I used to love to drive, but it's scary as hell these days, even out away from the towns.
Posted By: Fooshman

Re: Near death experience - 10/08/16 07:30 PM

Glad your pups were okay. What were you and the other driver's injuries?

Re: Near death experience - 10/09/16 12:36 PM

Yea, lost my right leg in 2000 while trying to get 4 old people out of a car that was smashed by a big rig.

Re: Near death experience - 10/09/16 12:41 PM

the 4 kids in the other truck were all ok, a few bumps and bruises but no one went to the hospiral, all wearing seat belts. the all jumped right in trying to kick in my shattered windshield to get me out. The driver is 16, and a good kif but other kids say he has a death wish, he loves to drive extremely fast.

Re: Near death experience - 10/09/16 12:42 PM

no, I had just returned from Lafayette, la. and was going to Lake Fork the next day.

Re: Near death experience - 10/09/16 12:44 PM

no injuries, they were in a one ton with a hugh cattle guard .

Re: Near death experience - 10/12/16 01:44 AM

yea I read the book and saw the movie! That was for sure a true miracle.

Re: Near death experience - 10/12/16 01:48 AM

dogs are both ok. I think my basset hound is too darn mean to get killed, lol.
Posted By: butch sanders

Re: Near death experience - 10/12/16 09:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Just James
Yea, lost my right leg in 2000 while trying to get 4 old people out of a car that was smashed by a big rig.

can i ask what happened?
did the wreckage shift or something

wow

Re: Near death experience - 10/28/16 11:23 AM

explain "did the wreckage shift" you lost me .
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Near death experience - 10/28/16 12:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Just James
explain "did the wreckage shift" you lost me .

He means, what happened that caused you to lose your leg.
Posted By: Fisherdad58

Re: Near death experience - 10/29/16 12:47 PM

You never know when your number is up. Glad for you and your family that it wasn't that day.
Posted By: fray

Re: Near death experience - 10/29/16 01:25 PM

Glad all is okay
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum