Texas Fishing Forum

Trinity River at I-30/Beach st. Across from Gateway Park

Posted By: Lonz

Trinity River at I-30/Beach st. Across from Gateway Park - 09/23/16 02:48 AM

Not sure what section to post this. The Trinity across from gateway park was completely drained when I drove by a couple days ago, & today. Anyone know why? I think it's normal through Gateway & further up at Trinity park off of University. The circled part. Does it have something to do with the 10,000 trucks driving out of there everyday? I tried looking through TRWD/associated people for any news or announcements but only the closing of the Arlington/Fort Worth section was mentioned.

Posted By: Smurfs

Re: Trinity River at I-30/Beach st. Across from Gateway Park - 09/23/16 02:51 AM

Clean all the dead bodies out!
Posted By: Muzzlebrake

Re: Trinity River at I-30/Beach st. Across from Gateway Park - 09/23/16 01:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Smurfs
Clean all the dead bodies out!

Closer to the truth than you know.
Posted By: charlief1

Re: Trinity River at I-30/Beach st. Across from Gateway Park - 09/23/16 02:15 PM

There used to be a bowling alley there and I think it's also where there was a homeless camp. Most likely it's been sold and a new housing or marketing development is going in.
Posted By: Nathan "Bull" Montgomery

Re: Trinity River at I-30/Beach st. Across from Gateway Park - 09/26/16 03:19 PM

They drained it to do construction and other things over there. Should be able to find out more about it by contacting the TRWD. I didnt think they completely drained it though? But maybe they did. Either way not a big deal. With rains like we got yesterday/this morning it wont take long to "restock" that section with fish once they are done.
Posted By: RussPrater "Bass Commander"

Re: Trinity River at I-30/Beach st. Across from Gateway Park - 09/28/16 01:29 AM

We are getting a river walk larger than San Antonio.They needed to drain this area for work. They will not "restock" it. It's a river. Fish will move themselves back in the area
Posted By: Cast

Re: Trinity River at I-30/Beach st. Across from Gateway Park - 09/28/16 12:41 PM

That's a dicey area for tourists. I hope they clean it up like the downtown area.
Posted By: Lonz

Re: Trinity River at I-30/Beach st. Across from Gateway Park - 09/30/16 03:53 AM

I thought it had something to do with the construction. I drove by today & was stopped right over the river, they're crossing the trucks over from one side to the other so they need the water level down.

It wasn't completely drained today but the first time it was all the way empty.
Posted By: Nathan "Bull" Montgomery

Re: Trinity River at I-30/Beach st. Across from Gateway Park - 09/30/16 04:05 PM

I need to see if I can sneak out there and retrieve some lures. I know for a fact there are a ton of crankbaits out there waiting to be saved lol
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum