Texas Fishing Forum

Calaveras

Posted By: kenlan21

Calaveras - 09/22/16 06:31 PM

OK, so I've been looking for somewhere fairly close to fish because Choke is too far of a drive for the time that I have allotted to fish. (and the water is way too low for my liking) I decided to try Calaveras because it's fairly close and I've wanted to get out and catch a few catfish for the table. I've been a bass fisherman for 15 yrs. now, and I think I've got a pretty good handle on them.

Well, I've been to Calaveras FIVE times in the past two weeks and I have yet to catch anything. (excepet a few bass) I've tried my darndest to catch a cat or two, but so far, nothing. I've fished with perch, tilapia, cut bait (tilapia), minnows, goldfish, and shrimp. I've drifted with them, carolina rigged both dead and live bait, and still nothing. Am I missing something here? Is the fishing better at night because of the warm lake temps? My depthfinder read 94 degrees, is the water that warm throughout the water column?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, I'm completely at a loss....

Re: Calaveras - 09/22/16 06:34 PM

I've also fished shallow, deep, and everything in between...
Posted By: Madfrog

Re: Calaveras - 09/23/16 02:19 PM

Head on shrimp around the bridge pylons is always a good time but I also take milo chum. Also you can drift fish between the dam and the wall and there is typically action there also.

Re: Calaveras - 09/23/16 03:27 PM

Thanks! I'm headed down both Sat and Sun, I'll let you know how it goes!
Posted By: Wildman of the navidad

Re: Calaveras - 11/28/16 02:40 AM

Try small live Rios
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Calaveras - 11/28/16 04:39 AM

Get you some Big Marvs! Those Cally Channels love it! hooked
Posted By: Corbin Foster

Re: Calaveras - 11/29/16 11:28 AM

Get you some Big Marvs and go to the where you see all the boats! Right now it should be near the ole crappie wall.. Catfish are hitting good from what I hear
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum