Texas Fishing Forum

Overhead rod holders

Posted By: Bruce Bullard

Overhead rod holders - 09/11/16 02:24 PM

Trying an idea for overhead storage. 2x4 with a strip of sheet iron closure strips attached to top of it for separation.
Posted By: Cast

Re: Overhead rod holders - 09/11/16 03:20 PM

Hmmm. I've never liked storing them horizontal but they stay horizontal in a rod locker don't they?
Posted By: Uncle Zeek

Re: Overhead rod holders - 09/11/16 03:31 PM

Is this in your shed, garage, or where?

Re: Overhead rod holders - 09/13/16 04:30 PM

I prefer vertical also, but everyone doesn't consider rods an item to tiptoe around like most of us do. An actually I'm testing this one in a cargo trailer at the campsite, a lot more secure than the boat and keeps them out of camper. Back to my first statement.

Re: Overhead rod holders - 09/13/16 04:37 PM

I'm actually wanting to build an insulated secure locker out in my shop for my rods, just tossing ideals around before I start on it. Shopped for 8 foot safe but gave up on that. Most people don't realize how much is invested in our equipment, you would think by now you could find safes for our gear.
Posted By: BMCD

Re: Overhead rod holders - 09/13/16 05:38 PM

My FIL built these for me. Can be installed vertical or horizontal.

[img]http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/pics...9_2906856364529[/img]

Posted By: Cast

Re: Overhead rod holders - 09/13/16 05:56 PM

That is dang nice.
Posted By: CaptainBarkley

Re: Overhead rod holders - 09/13/16 07:09 PM

I bought the cheap less than 20 dollar ceiling rod holder from bass pro. Thing has worked great for me. Would recommend it.

Re: Overhead rod holders - 09/13/16 08:08 PM

Those are nice.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Overhead rod holders - 09/14/16 01:00 AM

If I was storing overhead, I think that I'd look into a sheet of 3/4" plywood and hinges for attic access so They would mount on top of the plywood, be protected and would fold down for easy selection. could double the storage for something else on the other side. Plus would be out of view for sticky fingers.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum