Texas Fishing Forum

If any of you feel like cringing or giving yourself a reason to give up fishing

Posted By: SnK1993

If any of you feel like cringing or giving yourself a reason to give up fishing - 08/09/16 06:28 PM

Enjoy
https://www.facebook.com/official.peta/videos/10154426342994586/?pnref=story
Posted By: RHP

Re: If any of you feel like cringing or giving yourself a reason to give up fishing - 08/09/16 07:09 PM

(Sigh)
Posted By: Buzzard Breath

Re: If any of you feel like cringing or giving yourself a reason to give up fishing - 08/09/16 07:10 PM

PETA: People Eating Tasty Anmimals
Posted By: FACSR

Re: If any of you feel like cringing or giving yourself a reason to give up fishing - 08/09/16 07:46 PM

If fish feel pain they sure pull a lot harder than I would if i had a hook in my lip. just saying
Posted By: 2014NITROZ-7

Re: If any of you feel like cringing or giving yourself a reason to give up fishing - 08/09/16 11:11 PM

They say catch and release is bad,so we need to catch and fry.
Posted By: Texasdeepv

Re: If any of you feel like cringing or giving yourself a reason to give up fishing - 08/10/16 01:30 AM

Originally Posted By: FACSR
If fish feel pain they sure pull a lot harder than I would if i had a hook in my lip. just saying

HA!!!!
Posted By: Joe Todd

Re: If any of you feel like cringing or giving yourself a reason to give up fishing - 08/10/16 04:10 PM

There is a nickname for those idiot's that drink their own bathwater. PETA flush flush flush
Posted By: Cast

Re: If any of you feel like cringing or giving yourself a reason to give up fishing - 08/10/16 04:33 PM

Did Hillary make that?
Posted By: Uncle Zeek

Re: If any of you feel like cringing or giving yourself a reason to give up fishing - 08/10/16 06:40 PM

Nah. Not gonna make me give up fishing. I'm a predator, and the fish is my prey.
Posted By: Els1783

Re: If any of you feel like cringing or giving yourself a reason to give up fishing - 08/10/16 07:18 PM

Those people will say anything to further their agenda. Although, 10 or so years back, PETA came out with a stance that beer is better for you than milk. Was kinda hoping that one had some credibility. Doctor said "no".
Posted By: LGoff

Re: If any of you feel like cringing or giving yourself a reason to give up fishing - 08/11/16 08:32 PM

P eople
E ating
T asty
A nimals
Posted By: cnprince

Re: If any of you feel like cringing or giving yourself a reason to give up fishing - 08/12/16 04:37 PM

I like fishing from 6 years old.
Posted By: Squirrely Dan

Re: If any of you feel like cringing or giving yourself a reason to give up fishing - 08/13/16 01:43 AM

More people die from fish attacks every year then anything else. So I put a cape on and fight fish like a super hero. With a rod
Posted By: Nickbyrd

Re: If any of you feel like cringing or giving yourself a reason to give up fishing - 08/13/16 11:40 AM

Oh the horror !!! Ahhhh I can't even stand to eat all these fish after watching this video I feel so guilty ! Nah just kidding there too tasty food

Re: If any of you feel like cringing or giving yourself a reason to give up fishing - 08/13/16 11:42 AM

We should all go post our personal bests and bag limits on petas website haha bunch a damn tree huggin queers
Posted By: PKfishin

Re: If any of you feel like cringing or giving yourself a reason to give up fishing - 08/13/16 11:47 AM

Horrible music...

I figure as an older feller, I wont likely live long enough to see fishing banned. I figure hunting has to be banned first. Might take a while to do that in Texas. We'll see it first in the little New England states first.

Re: If any of you feel like cringing or giving yourself a reason to give up fishing - 08/14/16 08:26 PM

Re: If any of you feel like cringing or giving yourself a reason to give up fishing - 08/14/16 08:27 PM

That video made me hungry for some reason roflmao
Posted By: Fishbreeder

Re: If any of you feel like cringing or giving yourself a reason to give up fishing - 08/15/16 01:23 PM

Yeah they're idiots and jack-burros but they are well funded, highly organized and truly after YOU'RE lifestyle and hobbies, not just hunting and fishing.

No animals for pets. Especially fish, but not dogs or cats or birds or any other living thing.

No livestock.

And so far beyond the obvious it is almost scary......to wit,

My last "fight" with PETA was over in a new subdivision NW of Houston. I'd been hired to remove certain species of ecologically damaging fish.
The weeds, er...um, uh, "plants" the Federal Giverment says you gotta grow in one of those subdivision ditches, I meant, lakes, were being rooted up by all the carps, catfishes and suckers that went in the lakes with the creek water when they filled them up.

Anyhow I was using trammel nets (like on "Bottom Feeders") to catch them out and haul them away. I got reported to PETA as a fish killer. Everything we did was legal, moral and ethical. The fish were euthanized and where appropriate, given away as food for people. Some fish were saved alive and transported to other lakes, some euthanized and fed to other animals or used as compost.

I found myself having to explain myself to of all things, another Aggie Biologist (everybody knows the best kind) in New Mexico that worked for PETA. My bosses made me be nice and try to placate the idiots, even though I explained this was not my first go 'round and these folks do not play fair. I thought I satisfied the biologist, still do. And yet,

One day a state warden calls me up and tells me I'm going to be prosecuted for illegal fishing in public water. Obviously he's gotten a complaint from somebody.....

I try and explain to the warden, who has already called the people I'm working for, on a holiday weekend, I'm in private water and have all the permits I need for the gear I'm using. He ain't buyin' and tells me I'm getting a visit come Monday morning. The people I'm working for are freakin' out by now.

However, I explain to my boss on the phone, "That warden isn't hardly old enough to shave and working by himself this weekend, he's bored as aych ee double ell and he's going to save the world from people like us and has a "valid complaint," he's got to follow up on. We won't hear another word of it, I promise," what I told my boss.

Boss man still upset, "What makes you so sure we won't be in trouble come Monday?" I laugh and tell him, "That young warden will be with his older, more experienced partner come Monday morning. Its gonna go like this.....Young warden says, "I got a good one we need to follow up on from over in that new development. Caught 'em fishing with nets out there and have a complaint." Old warden gonna say, "You did WHAT??, You big dummy you better hope those people forget all about this and let it drop. That's private and if the biologist says he's working to keep the development in compliance with Federal Regs, that makes a lot more sens than somebody netting nearly worthless fish at risk of jail time."

Never heard another word from the state on that one.

I got many, many more, including PETA doing a press release they "Tranquilized all the fish in an entire reservoir so they won't bite during the tournament."

They got money, expertise, organization, and a following. We can laugh at their idiocy but we'd better take this seriously as well.

Brett Rowley
Fisheries Biologist
Brett's Fish Farm/The Good Luck Fishing and Hunting Club
Posted By: lite-liner

Re: If any of you feel like cringing or giving yourself a reason to give up fishing - 08/15/16 01:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Fishbreeder

They got money, expertise, organization, and a following. We can laugh at their idiocy but we'd better take this seriously as well.

Brett Rowley
Fisheries Biologist
Brett's Fish Farm/The Good Luck Fishing and Hunting Club

absolutely!
Posted By: Fishingking

Re: If any of you feel like cringing or giving yourself a reason to give up fishing - 08/18/16 02:48 PM

They need to show this to sharks, maybe they would leave us alone when we swim in their territory
Posted By: 361V

Re: If any of you feel like cringing or giving yourself a reason to give up fishing - 08/20/16 03:35 PM

Genesis 1:25...."and God gave man dominion over the fish of the sea, the birds of the sky and the animals of the land.....and He saw that it was good." Just sayin!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum