Texas Fishing Forum

Ski Pond by Randol Mill and 820 and Trinity

Posted By: Unifish

Ski Pond by Randol Mill and 820 and Trinity - 08/06/16 04:39 PM

Hey everybody. Quick question....I hope y'all can help me!

There's a pond right by the Trinity river and Randol Mill Rd, right off east loop 820 that the nearby MasterCraft ski boat company uses. They have a few covered docks, and a bunch of wake boarding ramps/rails and such in it. I see people wakeboarding and skiing there occasionally. I go by there twice a day, and never see anyone fishing in it. Does anyone have any experience fishing there? Are there any decent numbers of fish in it? Big ones?
Any information regarding access or tips would be greatly appreciated. It would be very convenient if it were fishable.... smile
Posted By: RadarNick

Re: Ski Pond by Randol Mill and 820 and Trinity - 08/06/16 09:42 PM

Pretty sure it's private and they won't let you fish in there.
Posted By: Unifish

Re: Ski Pond by Randol Mill and 820 and Trinity - 08/06/16 10:17 PM

Thanks. Maybe I should clarify a bit. I'm not looking to launch a boat (if it's private, I can see them not wanting boat traffic out there, especially if they were skiing and wakeboarding).
I just wonder if it's possible to fish from the bank. Seems like that wouldn't cause any problems for them if it was indeed private. Has anyone ever looked into it or fished there?
Posted By: ssmith

Re: Ski Pond by Randol Mill and 820 and Trinity - 08/07/16 02:41 PM

in most cases if its private property the owners don't want any folks on it because of liability issues.
Posted By: I love fishing

Re: Ski Pond by Randol Mill and 820 and Trinity - 08/08/16 09:06 AM

A buddy of mine fished there occasionally. He's caught catfish, bass , turtles. You can fish there from the bank.
Posted By: RussPrater "Bass Commander"

Re: Ski Pond by Randol Mill and 820 and Trinity - 08/08/16 12:38 PM

You can fish there. No one has ever ran me off. Good bass in there. Use to be fed by trinity. Has cats and crappie as well
Posted By: RussPrater "Bass Commander"

Re: Ski Pond by Randol Mill and 820 and Trinity - 08/08/16 04:31 PM

Just be careful to not tangle on the ski lines and not cast where they are testing boats. You should be fine. I park over by the UTA campus and fish behind it
Posted By: Rhino68W

Re: Ski Pond by Randol Mill and 820 and Trinity - 08/08/16 08:46 PM

I've walked the bank a few times and never been ran off.

That said, a good friend of mine recently went to MasterCraft (they own it) and asked if we could kayak fish and they said heck no. So they are a little protective of it. Not sure I would eat fish from there though.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum