Texas Fishing Forum

Eagle Mountain Sandies!!!

Posted By: Fish Tracker GS

Eagle Mountain Sandies!!! - 07/30/16 05:18 PM

Haven't had a chance to get to EM the year yet, but planning tomorrow afternoon. Can anyone help with the sandies there right now??? The humps, the damn, the plant??? Any help would be MUCH appreciated! Taking a couple newbies who have never caught them before. Thanks in advance!!!!
Posted By: SWH

Re: Eagle Mountain Sandies!!! - 07/30/16 06:15 PM

Fished around the island, they were all over the screen but weren't biting. Went to a hellpet rig by the dam and caught a few.
Posted By: toofy

Re: Eagle Mountain Sandies!!! - 07/31/16 03:23 AM

Last night about 8:15pm I was about 100 yards offshore in about 20-25ft water. I saw a school of sand bass near my boat running and flipping at the surface. I had a shad squarebill crankbait in my hand so I threw it through the school and caught 4 in about 10 minutes before the school moved and I couldn't figure out where. I caught 2 on the SAME cast!

Re: Eagle Mountain Sandies!!! - 07/31/16 01:04 PM

Thanks for the help guys! I'll post any info After we finish tonight.

Re: Eagle Mountain Sandies!!! - 08/01/16 02:14 PM

@scott123.... Same experience. Found them all over the north side of the island, but not a single bite. Moved west to the shallows for bass and found a bunch of LITTLE ones. I'm talking 3 to 4 inchers!!!! We caught over 30 plus several bass and a few nice catfish. So, it was good evening for the kids.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum