Texas Fishing Forum

bow fishing set up

Posted By: jae011

bow fishing set up - 07/20/16 11:37 AM

So Ive bow fished before and had a blast. Looking into doing it more. Other than just putting a reel on an old bow what is the best set up/brand to go for? I don't wanna break the bank just want something that is quality built and gets the job done. Thanks!
Posted By: Bine

Re: bow fishing set up - 07/24/16 02:28 AM

You can do a lot with a simple setup from Bear Archery. They have one that's just a drum for line that screws into where the weight would go on the bow. Get a recurve from Bear or a Samick. I've used Bear. Good stuff.
Posted By: Ban-D

Re: bow fishing set up - 07/24/16 10:00 PM

Pse sells and entry level ready to go bow called the discovery for $299 with a muzzy reel or with the arms bottle. I would go bottle,it's safer. Or find a bow with no let off of your liking and buy the bottle kit.
Posted By: Gfarley77

Re: bow fishing set up - 07/25/16 03:42 PM

Academy sells a bottle, real, and arrow kit for around $80. Works great and is easy to install. Any old bow works.
Posted By: jae011

Re: bow fishing set up - 07/27/16 11:29 AM

Thanks gor the help!
Posted By: The reel pro

Re: bow fishing set up - 08/01/16 04:16 PM

I use a zebco 808 with the muzzy rod mount and it works great
Posted By: Nickbyrd

Re: bow fishing set up - 08/05/16 07:47 PM

pse makes the "sucker punch" think it was 200 or 300 it was nice comes with the whole set up . been going for 2 years straight in the spring still haven't hit anything yet tho . im pretty horrible at it
Posted By: Nickbyrd

Re: bow fishing set up - 08/05/16 07:51 PM

my bad it was Cajun bowfishing who makes them and the msrp off there website is 449 for the ready to fish package I could have swore it was way cheaper when I got mine
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum