Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Granbury Fishing

Posted By: BJen85

Lake Granbury Fishing - 07/17/16 08:33 PM

Me and my family is meeting some friend on Lake Granbury. Anyone have any tips for fishing there?
Posted By: mrdvant

Re: Lake Granbury Fishing - 07/18/16 10:40 PM

What are you fishing for? On a boat? Shore?

Re: Lake Granbury Fishing - 07/18/16 10:59 PM

By boat. Either bass or catfish.
Posted By: mrdvant

Re: Lake Granbury Fishing - 07/18/16 11:08 PM

I haven't tried for catfish out there, but for bass I've been having good days sticking to the channels and fishing around docks and structure. It might be even better deep, but I don't do much deep fishing so I don't know. I expected to catch more off docks on the main lake when I started fishing there a couple weeks back, but haven't gotten much of anything there.

Re: Lake Granbury Fishing - 07/19/16 12:49 AM

Thank you! I have read a few reviews about crappie but nothing to promising. I have never fished there but some family friends have a lake house there so me my wife and son are going to give it a try this weekend.
Posted By: medicfisher

Re: Lake Granbury Fishing - 07/19/16 01:26 AM

Have not fished Granbury since the water came up. Ive always had great luck fishing for eater size cats Mid to south end. Always tie up to a tree in 12-18ft of water and fish one pole with worms and the other with chicken liver. If no bites I move after 20 mins. very rare to not catch a good stringer.
Ive had somewhat decent luck fishing for crappie on the south end. Just fished live minnows around brush, caught many small crappie in the boat ramps by the restaurant the "DOCK"

Re: Lake Granbury Fishing - 07/19/16 01:27 AM

Thank you sir. We are super going to give it a try
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum