Texas Fishing Forum

Little George Don't Work

Posted By: Anchorman

Little George Don't Work - 07/12/16 07:38 PM

Several years ago I always tied on a little George anytime I went to a lake with sand bass in it. The Little George was my go to lure. It always ran true and worked like it was designed to work. Now days I can't buy one that works! I'm pretty frustrated with them. The last dozen or so I have bought twirl around in circles. They are supposed to hold true and straight and the spinner is supposed to spin. What is the deal with Little George's these days? Is there another brand of this type of spinner that actually works? Is this another example of [censored] being made in some foreign country with zero quality control? Anyone else had Little George issues?

Sorry for the rant but I absolutely hate buying something new and it don't work right out of the box.

Re: Little George Don't Work - 07/13/16 12:38 AM

No opinions on little George's?
Posted By: tgravley aka lewisvillecatfish

Re: Little George Don't Work - 07/13/16 12:46 AM

Check out nekkid tackle
Posted By: ToadThrower

Re: Little George Don't Work - 07/13/16 01:17 AM

Dont know about little george...but try humdingers....www.humdingerlures.com they are great quality...made in Tx...and they catch fish...sand bass or black bass..and you can cast them way out there...

Re: Little George Don't Work - 07/13/16 02:12 PM

Thanks Toad Thrower. I just ordered me some Humdingers. I like the looks of them.
Posted By: Ledeez

Re: Little George Don't Work - 07/13/16 02:23 PM

Get rid of the little George and start using gay blade type lures! I was having the same issues! Gay blades are my go to lures! Sandbass, blackbass, drum, catfish, specks, redfish, lady fish, smacks, small sharks have gotten their lips ripped with this lure! Very versitle lure! You can get different styles and colors at Walmart to cabelas
Posted By: ou.sooner

Re: Little George Don't Work - 07/13/16 02:39 PM

I really like the Humdinger but I've been having problems with my line twisting around the tail end before the blade when casting and retrieving. Should I add a swivel or any other recommendations to correct this?
Posted By: DCmac

Re: Little George Don't Work - 07/13/16 04:50 PM

I've got 2, a blue & white and a chartreuse. Cast real nice but they don't catch me anything.
Posted By: SeaAggie2015

Re: Little George Don't Work - 07/13/16 05:49 PM

I had the same exact problem this past weekend on Ray Roberts. A lure that so simple should always work. Especially since they've worked excellent for years and years, why now do the new ones suck? I bought 3 new ones and non ran right. Finally got one to act right after some tweaking though.
Posted By: ToadThrower

Re: Little George Don't Work - 07/13/16 08:50 PM

OU Sooner....I found if you add a snap or a snap swivel to the humdinger it helps to keep this from happening..my grandson and I found schooling sand bass the other day and the humdinger was great to cast out and reach the school...catching one on almost every cast for over an hour...I had never tried them before but found them at Anglers Pro Tackle...my grandson also caught a couple of nice largemouth bass using the humdinger as well..sold me on them so I got online and got the whole assortment..great lures and not expensive.

Re: Little George Don't Work - 07/13/16 09:05 PM

Thanks ToadThrower. I'll give it a shot!
Posted By: blooper961

Re: Little George Don't Work - 07/13/16 09:10 PM

Just throw a simple fake shad about 1-2 inch length.
Posted By: lenahorse

Re: Little George Don't Work - 07/13/16 09:15 PM

Just rigged rods with M T Pockets/Streetwalker's Georges, they work, for tomorrow's trip, white and chartreuse. Turned into my #1 lure. Sure hope the wind lays as forecasted.
Posted By: jippedgenes

Re: Little George Don't Work - 07/13/16 10:47 PM

Originally Posted By: ou.sooner

also if you are throwing it with a spinning rig try slowing the line with your hand. I just reach up and kind of make an "O" with my fingers when it is about to hit the water. kind of like thumb braking with a baitcaster. solved those probs 99%
Posted By: Rudy Lackey

Re: Little George Don't Work - 07/14/16 09:50 AM

I've fished 1oz Georges for years no problems.

Re: Little George Don't Work - 07/14/16 01:36 PM

Originally Posted By: jippedgenes
Originally Posted By: ou.sooner

also if you are throwing it with a spinning rig try slowing the line with your hand. I just reach up and kind of make an "O" with my fingers when it is about to hit the water. kind of like thumb braking with a baitcaster. solved those probs 99%

Excellent, I am using a spinning rig.
Posted By: GarySHO

Re: Little George Don't Work - 07/14/16 06:33 PM

+1 on the gay blades.
Posted By: Hard Rain

Re: Little George Don't Work - 07/14/16 07:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Rudy Lackey
I've fished 1oz Georges for years no problems.

Any problems I have had with Little Georges have been the smaller ones.
Posted By: lite-liner

Re: Little George Don't Work - 07/14/16 08:40 PM

little george spinner is on a clevis, doesn't spin as easily or as true
as an axial spinner (think-panther martin) like the humdinger.
After I found those, threw all them little georges in the trash
hit em up, they're made in Euless
Posted By: basscaster46

Re: Little George Don't Work - 07/15/16 01:03 AM

There is nothing wrong with tailspinners that a swivel 12 inches up line won't cure
They cause line twist swivel solves all issues
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum