Texas Fishing Forum

AMAZING PREHISTORIC TEXAN RIVER GIANT

Posted By: SharkBaitTV

AMAZING PREHISTORIC TEXAN RIVER GIANT - 07/03/16 03:56 PM

Fishing with Catching Dinosaurs Guide Service we managed to catch and release a 7 foot 2 inch Texan Alligator Gar, We found her in a remote stretch of river few people have been in. i have been on some really big gar the last few weeks and will try to catch a few more of them before river conditions change and send them elsewhere.
this gar is likely near 50 years old and her species has survived basically unchanged since the Cretaceous period 147 Million years ago
SharkBaitTV and Catching Dinosaurs guide service is doing everything possible to promote Alligator Gar as a sportfish and a world class gamefish so they can be protected by only being persued with catch and releases methods so they can survive for another 100,000,000 years
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: BlueNitro

Re: AMAZING PREHISTORIC TEXAN RIVER GIANT - 07/07/16 11:14 AM

That is cool!!! flehan
Posted By: Hog Jaw

Re: AMAZING PREHISTORIC TEXAN RIVER GIANT - 07/08/16 02:46 AM

Amazing
Posted By: Duckcreek Davy

Re: AMAZING PREHISTORIC TEXAN RIVER GIANT - 07/10/16 10:51 PM

That is just incredible. I applaud you for your efforts to maintain and protect the species. The thought of someone shooting that big girl with a bow and dragging her off to rot just seems so ...I dunno...SELFISH AND STUPID?
Posted By: NitroNX898

Re: AMAZING PREHISTORIC TEXAN RIVER GIANT - 07/11/16 02:34 AM

Originally Posted By: Duckcreek Davy
That is just incredible. I applaud you for your efforts to maintain and protect the species. The thought of someone shooting that big girl with a bow and dragging her off to rot just seems so ...I dunno...SELFISH AND STUPID?

Not all who shoot them just let them rot. They are great table food. I love bowfishing and alligator gar do have limits on them. One a day.

Great fish and keep up the good work.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum