Texas Fishing Forum

Bank fishing near Saginaw, Fort Worth Area? DFW area

Posted By: Chachee

Bank fishing near Saginaw, Fort Worth Area? DFW area - 06/13/16 01:06 AM

My boys and I are getting into fishing and so far its been a good experience. We've only fished at Marine Creek Lake because I don't know anywhere else to go. Can anyone share some good bank, marina, or pier fishing spots we can walk up to that aren't private property. I tried looking into Eagle Mountain Lake, but it seems like all the banks are privately owned. Any tips would be great. We don't have a boat, but we don't mind a small hike as long as we don't need a machete to get through if you know what I mean.
Posted By: Bman92

Re: Bank fishing near Saginaw, Fort Worth Area? DFW area - 06/13/16 05:29 AM

Try Joe Pool lake by the dam. Its off camp wisdom road. I've had some luck with blue channel cats there. There is alot of access to the shore of the lake off the dam, the only catch is if you're going to have to go on a 15 minute hike. Check google maps.
Posted By: snake oil

Re: Bank fishing near Saginaw, Fort Worth Area? DFW area - 06/13/16 03:00 PM

Eagle Mountain......
Posted By: nitroslim

Re: Bank fishing near Saginaw, Fort Worth Area? DFW area - 06/15/16 02:34 PM

I would take them to the Colleyville nature center off of glade. Neat place. Also, try the bank fishing topic on here. Welcome.
Posted By: Rhino68W

Re: Bank fishing near Saginaw, Fort Worth Area? DFW area - 06/17/16 02:51 PM

The Trinity River in Fort Worth has many good spots to bank fish. But DO NOT eat the fish from the river. There is (and has been) a consumption ban.
Posted By: blooper961

Re: Bank fishing near Saginaw, Fort Worth Area? DFW area - 06/17/16 05:42 PM

If you go by Joe Pool dam,watch for snakes.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum