Texas Fishing Forum

INVIZIX vs RED LABEL

Posted By: skeeterguy

INVIZIX vs RED LABEL - 04/19/16 02:41 PM

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE, OTHER THAN PRICE, BETWEEN THESE LINES?
Posted By: Brad R

Re: INVIZIX vs RED LABEL - 04/19/16 03:01 PM

Invizx is supposedly a softer line so it might perform better as a main line and handle better than some other fluorocarbons. I use it as a leader only, preferring a braid mainline and a 6' leader.

Anyway, if you are going to use a fluorocarbon for a main line and something more than a relatively short leader, you'll want one of the better fluoros designed for casting. Want to break the bank? Tatsu would be one of the very highest quality lines out there.

I have picked up the Red Label before when I was looking for a very inexpensive fluorocarbon line to run from the bottom of a Gamakatsu drop shot hook where the line down to the weight is a separate piece. My reason? I wanted a very light test, so a 6 lbs. in my case knowing that if I get hung up that I could break or snap off the weight without losing the hook. So, 10 lbs. braid main line to an 8 lbs. Invizx leader to a 6 lbs. Red Label length of line down to the weight.

Seems to work okay.

Yes, by the way, I can actually feel the difference between the Invizx and the Red Label when I am handling them.

Brad
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum