Texas Fishing Forum

Buying a lot in Zapata for a 5th wheel

Posted By: N-M-W

Buying a lot in Zapata for a 5th wheel - 03/28/16 09:25 PM

Looking at buying a Lot (not renting) in Zapata, it would be nice to have a place to keep the 5th wheel and get away.

Theres some decent lots around the area for @ 10K.

Does anyone know what property taxes would be on a nice 5th wheel or does texas even tax a 5th wheel sitting on a lot?
Its hard to get info out of a realtor there, the realtor thinks it has city water and sewer, not sure what the costs would be to tie it in to the public utilities...

Any ideas? Its hard to find answers on line.
Posted By: Walls

Re: Buying a lot in Zapata for a 5th wheel - 03/29/16 07:21 PM

I don't have the answers for you, but I would try contacting the three best fellas that I have ran into down there- James @ Falcon Lake Tackle, Jay Greishaw, or Billy Tompkins. All are great dudes that probably don't have the answer either....but could point you in the right direction. Good luck.
Posted By: 6BOOMER

Re: Buying a lot in Zapata for a 5th wheel - 03/29/16 07:31 PM

They will be helpful to you. You can also find tax value's on True Automation.com for Zapata, Tx. If you know the property address or person's name for a search. This will give property value and tax value.
Posted By: ChuChu1

Re: Buying a lot in Zapata for a 5th wheel - 03/29/16 10:16 PM

I owned RV's for over 20 years and never paid property tax on any of them.
Posted By: Cast

Re: Buying a lot in Zapata for a 5th wheel - 03/29/16 10:30 PM

Yep, if the RV is mobile it is not real property. Flip side is you can't deduct the interest.
Posted By: Jobie99

Re: Buying a lot in Zapata for a 5th wheel - 03/30/16 01:30 AM

I pay about $2000 for a 1600 sq foot house. I used Carol Berler to buy my house. She is
out of Laredo but knows he area pretty well. I would recommend her.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum