Texas Fishing Forum

Lake map apps for I phone

Posted By: CPO USN RET

Lake map apps for I phone - 03/10/16 11:03 PM

New to Texas lakes and the forum any one know of a good app for topo maps for lakes here in Texas?
Posted By: psycho0819

Re: Lake map apps for I phone - 03/10/16 11:50 PM

Navionics
Posted By: R2Fishing

Re: Lake map apps for I phone - 03/11/16 12:44 PM

I've used SL Huntinf app for iPhone

Your able to load a water contour overlay.
Posted By: Catfish-hunter

Re: Lake map apps for I phone - 03/11/16 01:09 PM

Navionics is the only way to go. Bought 3-4yrs ago and still use today. You can't go wrong! Marking waypoints,sharing and the GPS is awesome! I used it last week to stay in river channel in shallow water. If you bank fish,you can mark spots that were good so you can remember where and when you catch fish there. Very nice app
Posted By: SeaAggie2015

Re: Lake map apps for I phone - 03/11/16 02:27 PM

I agree with navionics! It's a solid app and it's like having a lowrance unit in your hand. Very accurate. It does cost money though. Another app that you could use is Fishidy. it's a free app, has contours, and hints from other people that have fished there before. Probably the best free option I've found.
Posted By: CPO USN RET

Re: Lake map apps for I phone - 03/11/16 07:58 PM

Thanks for the input
Posted By: Santonio Banderas

Re: Lake map apps for I phone - 03/15/16 05:04 AM

Again for navionics......
Posted By: Fishingking

Re: Lake map apps for I phone - 03/15/16 06:27 PM

I like to use Navionics on my I-pad when at home or at the office. Gives you a chance to scout somethings while off the lake. Have not noticed much of a difference when getting in the boat with the Lakemaster map. I have run both side by side.
Posted By: Corey Stanley

Re: Lake map apps for I phone - 03/16/16 06:25 PM

The Navionics APP is a great tool for Smart Phones or Tablets as well as the Navionics Free Web App on your PC. Both are updated with all the latest updated mapping from Navionics.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum