Texas Fishing Forum

Wanting to start youth fishing Group

Posted By: WASTINGTIME

Wanting to start youth fishing Group - 03/09/16 06:52 PM

OK looking for input on starting a youth fishing group.. What I am wanting to do is a DFW fishing group that meets 1-2 times a month a local park or lake. Teaching kids how to cast and hook up baits and lures... I would love for familys to come also.. Once it takes off would like to get it to a over night camp out at a lake and fishing.. If anyone has any ideas or tips or would just like to help or join let me know!
Posted By: Cast

Re: Wanting to start youth fishing Group - 03/09/16 07:13 PM

Thank You! It is exactly what DFW kids need.

Re: Wanting to start youth fishing Group - 03/09/16 07:37 PM

Cast thanks
Posted By: NjTexan

Re: Wanting to start youth fishing Group - 03/09/16 09:44 PM

Here's a couple resources for you. I'd help you in a heartbeat except for that whole I live in Austin thing.

Jerry Hamon is a member of this site and is a not only a TPWD Certified Angler Instructor he also teaches the class that gets you certified by TPWD. And he's a great guy.
Even if you decide not to try to get the kids certified (they get cool certificates, pins and stuff)Jerry will help with handouts, Outdoor Annuals, Fish ID charts, and a bunch of other stuff.

TPWD Learn to Fish

Re: Wanting to start youth fishing Group - 03/09/16 09:52 PM

Thanks do you have contact info? this him?https://www.facebook.com/jerry.hamon?fref=ts
Posted By: NjTexan

Re: Wanting to start youth fishing Group - 03/09/16 10:01 PM

I can't do facebook from work. He has a bunch of posts on this site in the kayak section so maybe send him a PM?

I'll check the facebook when I get home. I probably will have his email at home also.

Re: Wanting to start youth fishing Group - 03/09/16 10:06 PM

ok then it was him I found on fb it was a big kayak guy I friended him we shall see

Re: Wanting to start youth fishing Group - 03/10/16 08:47 PM

ttt
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum