Texas Fishing Forum

Cleburne State Park

Posted By: tb214

Cleburne State Park - 02/27/16 07:22 AM

Anyone have a recent fishing report?
Posted By: blooper961

Re: Cleburne State Park - 02/28/16 03:38 AM

No but the water is still too cold for the bass to come shallow.
But the temp does not need to warm up much for pre spawn movement
Posted By: Ban-D

Re: Cleburne State Park - 02/28/16 03:43 AM

Lake pat had water temps at 62 last Monday and I think the state park is close. We caught fish in less than 6' and on frogs. I bet there are plenty of shallow fish at the state park and I could guarantee the crappie and sandbass are biting there.
Posted By: 361V

Re: Cleburne State Park - 02/28/16 02:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Ban-D
Lake pat had water temps at 62 last Monday and I think the state park is close. We caught fish in less than 6' and on frogs. I bet there are plenty of shallow fish at the state park and I could guarantee the crappie and sandbass are biting there.
Little confusion here. Think the OP was talking about Cleburne State Park not Lake Pat Cleburne. I also heard some are catching some sandies on Pat Cleburne. Like the OP I'm interested if anyone is catching any bass at the little lake inside Cleburne State Park? TY, 361v.
Posted By: tb214

Re: Cleburne State Park - 02/29/16 03:40 AM

Ok, so I went to the state park today, I don't know the water temp, but the bass were jumping all around the boat dock/ swimming area, so they are in the shallow waters already. The crappie on the other hand is probably still in deeper waters, and everyone who was catfish fishing today didn't even get a bite.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum