Texas Fishing Forum

Navionics Web App?

Posted By: lcbl75771

Navionics Web App? - 02/22/16 01:52 AM

At home on the laptop, I use the Navionics WebApp and the Hotmaps Explorer. In some situations, the WebApp shows more detail than the Explorer. Is there a way to create a waypoint in the WebApp to transfer like I can in the Explorer program? Thanks
Posted By: kickingback

Re: Navionics Web App? - 02/22/16 11:19 AM

You can mark spots as public or private. Public ones will be seen by all. A simple marker is used by only you. Limited on number of markers though. You can see them from any app device.
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: Navionics Web App? - 02/22/16 02:01 PM

The Web App is not interactive. Viewing only. The Web App has current maps that is why it looks different that the way outdated Explorer maps.

There is a Mobile App for smartphones and tables that is interactive. Android and iOS.
Posted By: Corey Stanley

Re: Navionics Web App? - 02/22/16 02:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Wayne P.
The Web App is not interactive. Viewing only. The Web App has current maps that is why it looks different that the way outdated Explorer maps.

There is a Mobile App for smartphones and tables that is interactive. Android and iOS.

Exactly what Wayne said, and to add a little, the webapp and the smart phone/tablet apps are capable of having the exact same data as the webapp, just be sure that you have the Nav+ add on to incorporate the sonar charts layer, which is what you are turning off or on in the bottom left corner of the webapp.
Posted By: lcbl75771

Re: Navionics Web App? - 02/22/16 04:25 PM

Ok, so on the mobile app, if I mark a spot is there a way to transfer that information?
Posted By: Corey Stanley

Re: Navionics Web App? - 02/22/16 04:56 PM

You can, but you would have to do it manually by looking up the coordinates for that waypoint, then manually entering it in your graph.
Posted By: kickingback

Re: Navionics Web App? - 02/23/16 11:33 AM

I use the Navionics Boating App and I can mark locations easily. I use it in unison with my sonar. I mark my spots at home and use my phone to go to the locations (GPS is on app and shows your route and boat location). Once on the spot I mark my sonar. Easy. Oh and yes you can share locations with others using this app...Don't know why some are not using this or think nothing of it.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum