Texas Fishing Forum

Honey Hole A O

Posted By: BassnTony

Honey Hole A O - 02/22/16 12:10 AM

Who doesn't miss the days when the show started out with a cool song that stayed in your head. Wasn't filmed in HD but was on every single week and you could count on it. Hey and if you missed an episode NO PROBLEM you went to the website and you didn't need to break out a credit card to watch it. PUT ME ON THE COVER...
Posted By: slshaneus

Re: Honey Hole A O - 02/23/16 01:22 AM

everything is about the almighty dollar
Posted By: Brent S

Re: Honey Hole A O - 02/23/16 01:52 AM

Originally Posted By: BassnTony
Who doesn't miss the days when the show started out with a cool song that stayed in your head. Wasn't filmed in HD but was on every single week and you could count on it. Hey and if you missed an episode NO PROBLEM you went to the website and you didn't need to break out a credit card to watch it. PUT ME ON THE COVER...

I couldn't stand the old intro. The new one is better.
Posted By: Jimfishes

Re: Honey Hole A O - 02/23/16 02:05 AM

I liked the old show, but really like the new one also! Just glad it is available, I'm always learning something new.
Posted By: Nathan at Fork

Re: Honey Hole A O - 02/23/16 03:51 AM

Hey, I was on that show about 7 years ago. For some reason I didnt end up extremely famous.
Posted By: have_rod_reel_travel

Re: Honey Hole A O - 02/23/16 07:34 AM

I love the old show too, but times change.... I'm still happy to see someone fishing lakes I fish.... I do miss it being on every week on channel 27 and Bill doing a crappie show or two in the summer.
Posted By: Preacher Ed

Re: Honey Hole A O - 02/23/16 11:07 AM

I haven't caught the show in a couple of years. Is it on one of the national channels? Pursuit, Outdoor Channel, etc.? THanks!
Posted By: Undertaker56

Re: Honey Hole A O - 02/23/16 04:23 PM

Fox 1
Posted By: musiclife_7

Re: Honey Hole A O - 02/23/16 05:17 PM

Times change. I actually paid for the Vimeo membership and really get a lot out of the extended versions. It is now much more educational rather than just showing Bill load the livewell as he normally does. He goes in depth on how he chooses his spots on any given day, what he's looking for and so on. Most of us splurge on fast food and restaurants all the time. $50 was well worth it in my opinion. If you can't get on the water multiple days a week, this kind of stuff truly helps the novice angler be better.
Posted By: MagFluker

Re: Honey Hole A O - 02/23/16 09:55 PM

I see you have the internet, you can watch for free on youtube
Posted By: Doublehaul

Re: Honey Hole A O - 02/24/16 01:06 AM

When I subscribed as a life member to the old Honey Hole Magazine, I assumed they meant my life, not theirs.....
Posted By: Preacher Ed

Re: Honey Hole A O - 02/25/16 07:54 PM

Thanks, Gentlemen! Will look it up.
Posted By: TXfisherman12

Re: Honey Hole A O - 02/25/16 08:53 PM

Check this out for more details. Looks like they are airing on several channels for 2016:

http://www.alloutdoorsmedia.com/
Posted By: texasbass1

Re: Honey Hole A O - 02/25/16 09:18 PM

I have it programmed and record it each week that it runs on WFN. But you can also watch it as stated on youtube. That is how I watch his shows for a pre-fishing trip.
Posted By: on the fly

Re: Honey Hole A O - 02/26/16 07:23 PM

Bill lives next door to my folks. Great guy and show just wish it would have stayed on regular TV. Can't afford to upgrade my cable bill to get a channel that it airs on.
Posted By: texasflycaster

Re: Honey Hole A O - 02/27/16 01:09 AM

I didn't really see a "history" of the show through this thread? I got hooked on it watching it on WFN, and then poof, it was gone. I went looking for it, and see only that it is available for download on Vimeo? This is absolutely the best Texas show, and it translates perfectly to fly fishing as well. The philosophy of going to a place, fish it one day, and putting that show out - what you see is what you get - is pretty darn balls... er ... brave. So it is now on FOX1? Heck, it sounds worth it to purchase downloads!
Posted By: 44 Diesel

Re: Honey Hole A O - 02/28/16 02:15 AM

It was on fssw at 5 am today,
Posted By: kevine80

Re: Honey Hole A O - 02/28/16 03:32 AM

i have att uverse --have searched the guide from top to bottom
what channel in houston ?
Posted By: 44 Diesel

Re: Honey Hole A O - 02/28/16 06:55 AM

I have u verse as well and it has not been on the guide till this week. It was on 1753 this week, when it has been on root which 1758 it just showed paid programming. You can go to menu and go to search and put in and should show the times you can record
Posted By: kevine80

Re: Honey Hole A O - 02/29/16 03:40 AM

thanks found it
now to see if it records !
Posted By: slowrollmtn

Re: Honey Hole A O - 02/29/16 09:28 AM

It's all about the money now.
Posted By: redskeeter190

Re: Honey Hole A O - 03/08/16 01:36 AM

Do any of you know if the $50 is a yearly subscription....or "lifetime"?
Posted By: Mark Jones

Re: Honey Hole A O - 03/08/16 02:47 AM

I'll answer a few of the questions and comments here and hope to provide some insight. First off, to my knowledge Honey Hole has ALWAYS been a for profit business from its inception, so for anyone here who thinks it is/was a charity you're mistaken. With that being said, the show for much of its existence wasn't extremely profitable and it owes a lot to both Jerry Dean and Randall Boyd for their efforts in keeping it alive. Maybe more to Randall Boyd than anyone because there were times where he went into his own pocket to make sure the show survived. I'm blown away at times at the sense of entitlement people have for something that they haven't made any real investment in but it's clearly a tribute to Jerry/Randall/Bill/Dirk and all the sponsors who've been a part of the show since inception.

When we purchased the show in 2013 it was in a tough place. Sponsorship was lagging, it wasn't profitable, it was in SD, the website experience was tough, zero social media platforms/reach and Dirk was working with very old systems/software and camera equipment. In short it needed a major overhaul. So we laid out a three year plan to remedy all of the above with the most important of all of these items being stabilizing the sponsorship base and getting the show into the black so that it could survive.

During that time we've polled our viewers, read thousands of emails with comments and feedback and worked with our sponsors/partners to create a platform that provides the reach and the content that serves both the viewer and our partners. We knew that change was necessary and that there was going to be some resistance to the change and challenges along the way. Regardless, we've been laser focused on creating better content, growing our viewer base, increasing the value we provide in each show and being profitable. When someone post a comment that it's "all about the dollar" I don't even know how to respond to that. What for profit business isn't focused on their bottom line?

Here's some food for thought. Since 2013 our viewership is up over 400%. Our social media channels are up over 1000%. Our YouTube and Vimeo channels get more views than the entire airings on the networks for the year. Our sponsorship revenue is up 50%. We've invested in new camera equipment twice already since we purchased the show and upgraded Dirk's entire computer system. There are more ways to see the show now than ever before and all of them but one are free. So if you're keeping score and evaluating the health of Honey Hole I'm not sure how you can look at this as anything but a positive for the show.

With regards to this years reduction to 26 weeks of episodes and the addition of our Vimeo on Demand, we've had hundreds of viewers over the last few years ask for more. They want more detail, longer episodes, more teaching, etc. So in order to do that we needed to take more time with each show to provide that value and information. We've done just that with the VOD series and hundreds of our viewers have taken advantage of the content that's there. It's been a huge success and one that we are very proud of. I've not received one email from anyone who's purchased the VOD content that said they felt it wasn't worth every penny. If the VOD isn't for you, simply watch the free show on FOX, Facebook, YouTube or right here on the TFF and enjoy. I can't for the life of me figure out how anyone can say they don't have access to our show given that there's more access to it now that at any time in its existence.

There you have it gents. Either that works for you or it doesn't but it's pretty simple. We purchased this business to improve the content/delivery, grow our viewer base, expand our sponsorship base and keep the show alive through profitable operations. I think we've done just that. I'm proud of the show and the work Bill and Dirk do and thankful for all our viewers and the feedback good or bad.

Posted By: Devil Horse

Re: Honey Hole A O - 03/08/16 05:14 AM

i miss 'ol jerry and deb dean
Posted By: Bass&More

Re: Honey Hole A O - 03/08/16 12:33 PM

texas peep
Posted By: kickingback

Re: Honey Hole A O - 03/08/16 02:25 PM

Re: Honey Hole A O - 03/08/16 02:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Doublehaul
When I subscribed as a life member to the old Honey Hole Magazine, I assumed they meant my life, not theirs.....

The magazine was discontinued long before we purchased the TV show in 2013.

Re: Honey Hole A O - 03/08/16 03:02 PM

Originally Posted By: redskeeter190

The VOD is $49.99 for the 26 episodes that we will produce in 2016. You can also rent/purchase individual episodes if you don't want to purchase the entire series. These are extended versions of the show that are commercial free and have exclusive content that you don't see on the TV/YouTube versions of the show.
Posted By: redskeeter190

Re: Honey Hole A O - 03/08/16 03:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark Jones
Originally Posted By: redskeeter190

The VOD is $49.99 for the 26 episodes that we will produce in 2016. You can also rent/purchase individual episodes if you don't want to purchase the entire series. These are extended versions of the show that are commercial free and have exclusive content that you don't see on the TV/YouTube versions of the show.

another question.....If I pay the $49.99...will I be able to watch the 2016 shows.....5 years from now or will they "disappear" beginning 2017? thanks....

Re: Honey Hole A O - 03/08/16 03:49 PM

VOD subscription is annual. When the 2017 series is here we will most likely reduce the price of the older episodes and make them available.
Posted By: Jimfishes

Re: Honey Hole A O - 03/08/16 04:05 PM

Mark, keep up the good work, some of us appreciate all the hard work and enjoy the shows. It's the only reality show I care to watch!
Posted By: McCloud

Re: Honey Hole A O - 03/08/16 04:16 PM

I agree about keeping up the good work! And even more importantly, I now know I can go to u-tube and see all the programs that I have difficulty finding. I was also a guest on Honey Hole many years ago and really enjoyed Jerry and Deb Dean.
Dennis Weaver

Re: Honey Hole A O - 03/08/16 04:21 PM

Thanks gents!
Posted By: musiclife_7

Re: Honey Hole A O - 03/08/16 06:07 PM

I love the show and don't mind paying to watch it on Vimeo. Some people just think they are entitled to everything.

Re: Honey Hole A O - 03/15/16 01:22 PM

Thanks for watching! cheers
Posted By: TxDispatcher

Re: Honey Hole A O - 03/16/16 05:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark Jones
I'll answer a few of the questions and comments here and hope to provide some insight. First off, to my knowledge Honey Hole has ALWAYS been a for profit business from its inception, so for anyone here who thinks it is/was a charity you're mistaken. With that being said, the show for much of its existence wasn't extremely profitable and it owes a lot to both Jerry Dean and Randall Boyd for their efforts in keeping it alive. Maybe more to Randall Boyd than anyone because there were times where he went into his own pocket to make sure the show survived. I'm blown away at times at the sense of entitlement people have for something that they haven't made any real investment in but it's clearly a tribute to Jerry/Randall/Bill/Dirk and all the sponsors who've been a part of the show since inception.

When we purchased the show in 2013 it was in a tough place. Sponsorship was lagging, it wasn't profitable, it was in SD, the website experience was tough, zero social media platforms/reach and Dirk was working with very old systems/software and camera equipment. In short it needed a major overhaul. So we laid out a three year plan to remedy all of the above with the most important of all of these items being stabilizing the sponsorship base and getting the show into the black so that it could survive.

During that time we've polled our viewers, read thousands of emails with comments and feedback and worked with our sponsors/partners to create a platform that provides the reach and the content that serves both the viewer and our partners. We knew that change was necessary and that there was going to be some resistance to the change and challenges along the way. Regardless, we've been laser focused on creating better content, growing our viewer base, increasing the value we provide in each show and being profitable. When someone post a comment that it's "all about the dollar" I don't even know how to respond to that. What for profit business isn't focused on their bottom line?

Here's some food for thought. Since 2013 our viewership is up over 400%. Our social media channels are up over 1000%. Our YouTube and Vimeo channels get more views than the entire airings on the networks for the year. Our sponsorship revenue is up 50%. We've invested in new camera equipment twice already since we purchased the show and upgraded Dirk's entire computer system. There are more ways to see the show now than ever before and all of them but one are free. So if you're keeping score and evaluating the health of Honey Hole I'm not sure how you can look at this as anything but a positive for the show.

With regards to this years reduction to 26 weeks of episodes and the addition of our Vimeo on Demand, we've had hundreds of viewers over the last few years ask for more. They want more detail, longer episodes, more teaching, etc. So in order to do that we needed to take more time with each show to provide that value and information. We've done just that with the VOD series and hundreds of our viewers have taken advantage of the content that's there. It's been a huge success and one that we are very proud of. I've not received one email from anyone who's purchased the VOD content that said they felt it wasn't worth every penny. If the VOD isn't for you, simply watch the free show on FOX, Facebook, YouTube or right here on the TFF and enjoy. I can't for the life of me figure out how anyone can say they don't have access to our show given that there's more access to it now that at any time in its existence.

There you have it gents. Either that works for you or it doesn't but it's pretty simple. We purchased this business to improve the content/delivery, grow our viewer base, expand our sponsorship base and keep the show alive through profitable operations. I think we've done just that. I'm proud of the show and the work Bill and Dirk do and thankful for all our viewers and the feedback good or bad.

bow_down well said, and much nicer than it could have been. Kudos to all of you at Honey Hole AO for the job that you do cheers
Posted By: lcbl75771

Re: Honey Hole A O - 03/17/16 03:43 PM

What ever happened to the website that had all the past shows on it? I was looking for some form around 2013-2014. Used to watch them but can't find them any more.

Re: Honey Hole A O - 03/17/16 05:50 PM

You can watch episodes through 2014 on our YouTube page at www.youtube.com/alloutdoorsmedia
Posted By: lcbl75771

Re: Honey Hole A O - 03/22/16 03:09 PM

Thanks, so I guess episodes before 2014 are not available anywhere?

Re: Honey Hole A O - 03/24/16 02:05 AM

Unfortunately no
Posted By: karpbuster

Re: Honey Hole A O - 03/24/16 10:05 PM

I think this show is the best. You can watch it on Youtube for free just like before. I think Bill Wilcox makes the show, very talented as a fisherman but just a likeable guy. I miss the 52 shows, but hey it is free so I can't complain, just happy to get to see it.

I noticed the response above, late. I would buy a DVD of old shows, especially by lake.

Re: Honey Hole A O - 03/25/16 02:12 AM

Originally Posted By: karpbuster

I think this show is the best. You can watch it on Youtube for free just like before. I think Bill Wilcox makes the show, very talented as a fisherman but just a likeable guy. I miss the 52 shows, but hey it is free so I can't complain, just happy to get to see it.

I noticed the response above, late. I would buy a DVD of old shows, especially by lake.

There's several issues with old episodes.

First is that 2013 and back are in SD and we wouldn't deal with uploading those even if we could. Secondly for old episodes we have rights issues with previous show sponsors that aren't worth the time and/or the battle to try to resolve or remove from the shows. Dirk simply doesn't have the time to work through old episodes.

So we have 2014, 2015 and 2016 available is some format for our viewers.
Posted By: danwill12

Re: Honey Hole A O - 03/31/16 02:25 AM

Battling argumentative ex sponsors is kinda like remarrying ex wives.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum