Texas Fishing Forum

Game Changer .3D STRUCTURE SCAN! WOW! Lowrance

Posted By: NitroUSAF

Game Changer .3D STRUCTURE SCAN! WOW! Lowrance - 02/04/16 02:27 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pI0lV20xL9I

If you struggle in deep water fishing like I do, this is the tool that CAN assist in taking you to the next level. Now I have to figure out how to sell my HDS 9 touch gen 2 to a gen 3.
Posted By: Rubberdown

Re: Game Changer .3D STRUCTURE SCAN! WOW! Lowrance - 02/04/16 02:42 PM

I thought the 3d would work on gen 2 touch.
Posted By: NitroUSAF

Re: Game Changer .3D STRUCTURE SCAN! WOW! Lowrance - 02/04/16 04:15 PM

Nope according to rep, unless I was told wrong...need stronger transducer and stronger processor
Posted By: KutTail71

Re: Game Changer .3D STRUCTURE SCAN! WOW! Lowrance - 02/04/16 10:27 PM

Yea my next(next year lol) new unit will be a gen3.
Posted By: GRUMPS

Re: Game Changer .3D STRUCTURE SCAN! WOW! Lowrance - 02/05/16 02:16 PM

Wow that is amazing.
Posted By: Cowboys#1

Re: Game Changer .3D STRUCTURE SCAN! WOW! Lowrance - 02/05/16 08:27 PM

Yes he was right. I just bought a lowrance Gen 3 and was told the same Nitro USAF. I also picked up a spot scan free with purchase and should be here any day. I'm not going to use it so if you would like to buy it send me a email Lawofficer2004@yahoo.com. We will discuss price. if you don't know original price of this component feel free to look at cost. I don't fish tournament enough to even use it. Retired USAF Security Forces.
Posted By: BMCD

Re: Game Changer .3D STRUCTURE SCAN! WOW! Lowrance - 02/05/16 09:28 PM

Well that is cool.
Posted By: cellis

Re: Game Changer .3D STRUCTURE SCAN! WOW! Lowrance - 02/06/16 04:56 PM

That's pretty neat.
Posted By: RodBreaker CWill

Re: Game Changer .3D STRUCTURE SCAN! WOW! Lowrance - 02/06/16 05:12 PM

bow_down
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Game Changer .3D STRUCTURE SCAN! WOW! Lowrance - 02/06/16 08:06 PM

The better side imagining distance is nice; but the 3d does nothing but show a blurry screen. Not a game changer, several threads I've read say the same thing from people that are using it.
Posted By: big fish2

Re: Game Changer .3D STRUCTURE SCAN! WOW! Lowrance - 02/07/16 05:54 AM

The better side image alone was worth it to me. Not going to be for everybody but definitely worth it IMO.
Posted By: Kat-man-do

Re: Game Changer .3D STRUCTURE SCAN! WOW! Lowrance - 03/01/16 04:36 PM

I'd like to know how it can show the other side of a rock ledge, what technology can map that without needing to "fill in the blanks".
Posted By: thirstyswimmer

Re: Game Changer .3D STRUCTURE SCAN! WOW! Lowrance - 03/07/16 10:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Kat-man-do
I'd like to know how it can show the other side of a rock ledge, what technology can map that without needing to "fill in the blanks".

It can't. Notice how the other side of the ledges were are straight drops offs? It's pretty cool tech, but it's not a combo seismic and sonar system.
Posted By: 361V

Re: Game Changer .3D STRUCTURE SCAN! WOW! Lowrance - 03/08/16 03:12 PM

Yep, that was not fairly represented. Just because it had color on the "backside" of every rock does not mean you are actually seeing the backside. Notice how everyone of the larger rocks and rises looked like a sheer cliff on the backside? That's not necessarily what's there. It can not read the backside. Cool views and some nice features but not "sliced bread"!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum