Texas Fishing Forum

Dear Diary... today I caught a torpedo on 5lb test...

Posted By: dcox1911

Dear Diary... today I caught a torpedo on 5lb test... - 02/03/16 11:08 PM

Posted By: RHP

Re: Dear Diary... today I caught a torpedo on 5lb test... - 02/03/16 11:34 PM

Good golly Miss Molly! That's a lot of fish on 5# test. No wonder you're smiling.
Posted By: Tommar

Re: Dear Diary... today I caught a torpedo on 5lb test... - 02/03/16 11:41 PM

Way to play that out! How long did it take?

Re: Dear Diary... today I caught a torpedo on 5lb test... - 02/04/16 12:07 AM

It took about 25 minutes with no net. He kept running Hail Marys up and down the bayou. Put this fish in the Super Bowl! Haha It was like the boss level of some video game
I know it's an invasive species and I'm supposed to kill it but they've been a part of the ecosystem for decades so I'm sure the ecosystem has adapted to their presence. Plus that was my first fish of 2016 so he had to go back.

Also I'm the only person I see on brays bayou who avidly fishes. All the other fisherman I see there are your typical catfish fisherman who don't really sport fish. Just get a couple of cats to eat and leave. Not that that's a problem it's just that if I'm one of the few who actually go for the sport fish then there's no way I could put I dent in the population. So that was probably the first time in years a grass carp had been caught from there. My uncle asked if I could bring him one, he says they're a good table fare, can anyone testify?

Re: Dear Diary... today I caught a torpedo on 5lb test... - 02/04/16 12:10 AM

It's the Tarpon's Vegetarian freshwater long lost cousin.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Dear Diary... today I caught a torpedo on 5lb test... - 02/04/16 02:02 AM

Nice! Great start to 2016
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Dear Diary... today I caught a torpedo on 5lb test... - 02/06/16 05:45 AM

Nice fish. Good job. cheers
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum