Texas Fishing Forum

River Fishing

Posted By: Rayzor

River Fishing - 01/30/16 12:50 AM

Is any Texas river (Brazos, Neches, Colorado, Trinity, Angelina, Sabine, etc.) fishable by boat? I don't mean a mud rapid either, please.
Posted By: Jimfishes

Re: River Fishing - 01/30/16 02:06 AM

I launched on the Sabine river Tuesday from the city ramp and went north. The current was flowing pretty good on the main river so I decided to turn around and head towards the Blue Birds Fish Camp area. It was off color but there was less current. I only fished for an hour with no luck. I just wanted to get out and run my motor. I feel getting into backwater areas could produce a few with patience. The logging cuts north of IH 10 could be ok right now. The old hwy 90 area(burned bridge) may work also.
Posted By: 361V

Re: River Fishing - 01/30/16 02:28 PM

Brazos above Whitney is very fishable by bass boat. Actually quickly getting to prime time for sandbass run but the river is always worth a try for stripers, sandies, crappie and black bass.
Posted By: ebl

Re: River Fishing - 01/30/16 04:04 PM

All the rivers you mention can be fished from a boat. The brazos and sabine are the two I know best and have done so by studying maps and reviewing websites. Now is the time of years to hit them for san dies. Get a boat and go.
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: River Fishing - 01/30/16 11:54 PM

Thank you for all of your valuable comments but I would like to add something. Are any of our rivers back to normal level and clarity?
Posted By: ChuChu1

Re: River Fishing - 01/31/16 12:04 AM

Guadalupe at Gonzales is normal and clear. Basically when you fish the Guadalupe river lakes, you are fishing the river.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum