Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Murvaul

Posted By: MercuryJump

Lake Murvaul - 01/18/16 05:28 PM

Does anyone know some good bank fishing spots on lake murvaul for catfish?
Posted By: Smithaven

Re: Lake Murvaul - 01/18/16 11:21 PM

We used to kill them in the pond below the dam, but that was a long time ago.
Posted By: Bugzout10

Re: Lake Murvaul - 01/19/16 12:21 AM

Marina maybe
Posted By: Phoenix_Ed

Re: Lake Murvaul - 01/19/16 01:28 AM

There is a ramp up near the bridge that might offer some bank to fish from.
Posted By: bush hog

Re: Lake Murvaul - 01/19/16 04:49 AM

Most of the shoreline on Murvaul is private property. There is a fishing pier at the marina and as E5Zero stated above there is a ramp at Dotson bridge on the west side of the lake. A lot of people fish off the side of the highway but there's a lot of truck traffic on that road. There is also some shoreline available at Tinkle Park on the south side of the lake. Maybe someone else will jump in here but I cant think of many places to fish off the bank. Also, the marina is closed down so there's no concessions on the lake.
Posted By: Larry Mosby

Re: Lake Murvaul - 01/22/16 03:05 AM

Try the park on the north end of fm 1971 and Tinkle Park on the south side. Good luck!

Re: Lake Murvaul - 01/22/16 04:40 AM

Why is the marina closed

Re: Lake Murvaul - 01/22/16 04:02 PM

Couldn't say why it closed but I sure wish someone would open it up again. Was a nice place to eat lunch and buy bait.
Posted By: Phoenix_Ed

Re: Lake Murvaul - 01/22/16 07:01 PM

We were at the marina last fall, one of the guys said they were going to reopen after the first of the year.
Posted By: lconn4

Re: Lake Murvaul - 01/23/16 02:04 AM

I've never fished from the bank there but have seen some folks absolutely slay the crappie this time of year at the small bridge, from the bank. Would have gone there today if it hadn't been so windy.
Posted By: basscaster46

Re: Lake Murvaul - 01/23/16 06:19 PM

Originally Posted By: bush hog
Most of the shoreline on Murvaul is private property. There is a fishing pier at the marina and as E5Zero stated above there is a ramp at Dotson bridge on the west side of the lake. A lot of people fish off the side of the highway but there's a lot of truck traffic on that road. There is also some shoreline available at Tinkle Park on the south side of the lake. Maybe someone else will jump in here but I cant think of many places to fish off the bank. Also, the marina is closed down so there's no concessions on the lake.

Marina closed that's sad to hear had a lot of great memories at that lake.
Posted By: elkhunter7x6

Re: Lake Murvaul - 01/24/16 03:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Bugzout10
Why is the marina closed

Because you cannot make a living selling minnows and cheese burgers at a rural lake. The lake board owns the cabins and RV park and rakes in those proceeds.

Re: Lake Murvaul - 01/24/16 05:43 PM

i guess I won't be staying there this spring huh
Posted By: elkhunter7x6

Re: Lake Murvaul - 01/24/16 05:50 PM

You can still stay there. The lake board owns and operates the cabins and RV park. They are still in business. The marina is privately owned and has gone out of business and closed again.

Re: Lake Murvaul - 01/24/16 09:33 PM

There's still a good place to eat(Fuglers) and buy minnows about 1/4 mi. from where you turn onto Decker Rd going to the ramps. They have very good food. It's just not quiet as convenient as the marina was.
Posted By: MercuryJump

Re: Lake Murvaul - 01/30/16 08:05 PM

Found Fuglers...minnows for $1.99 a dozen wow!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum