Texas Fishing Forum

Linder's Angling Edge

Posted By: Rayzor

Linder's Angling Edge - 01/15/16 02:15 AM

Just watched a new show. Dan Linder? Who's he? Every time I watch one of these programs, another Linder pops up. They must be keeping some of the younger Linder's back, like new Jacksons or Osmond's. Ha!
Posted By: 44 Diesel

Re: Linder's Angling Edge - 01/15/16 03:56 PM

I quit watching anything with Linder, they are hard to listen to
Posted By: ChuChu1

Re: Linder's Angling Edge - 01/15/16 04:28 PM

Originally Posted By: 44 Diesel

But they say good things.
Posted By: 361V

Re: Linder's Angling Edge - 01/15/16 10:51 PM

The Linders speaking style is like listening to Bill Dance speak. Good video...just turn off the volume! :-)
Posted By: slshaneus

Re: Linder's Angling Edge - 01/16/16 01:53 PM

and the linder family are good christian people
Posted By: lite-liner

Re: Linder's Angling Edge - 01/16/16 06:01 PM

actually the Lindner family is hugely responsible for my love of fishing, in general.
Grandma hooked me up with a subscription to In-Fisherman back in the late '70's. best fishing mag
out there at the time.
Mom kept it up for my birthday every year till I was 18. I learned a TON from that mag. now if I want to watch
a fishing show, that's the one I watch. 90% of all the others end up being 30 minute info-mercials, with sponsor ads in between!rolleyes
In fact, their style is more focused on fundamental & advanced techniques, & types of baits, rigs, gear, etc, rather than the brand of whatever. The Christian message isn't lost on me either.
sure wish they'd do a few seminars further south.......
Posted By: Smithaven

Re: Linder's Angling Edge - 01/16/16 06:36 PM

These guys talk way too much and fish way too little in their videos. Also, they fish up North and rarely come to the Southwest. That said, they have been at it a long time and their videos are top notch as far as picture quality.

Re: Linder's Angling Edge - 01/16/16 11:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Smithaven
These guys talk way too much and fish way too little in their videos. Also, they fish up North and rarely come to the Southwest. That said, they have been at it a long time and their videos are top notch as far as picture quality.

I talk a lot too and haven't made 1% of the money those guys have. They talk a lot because they are instructional. You can't say that about Mark Zona.
Posted By: PMB

Re: Linder's Angling Edge - 01/17/16 12:54 AM

I watched linders back in the day and it was ok. Then came along Spanish FLy with Jose, those were always shows I liked. Everything from them catching bait to the how to.

My earliest memories of a fishing show was Virgil Ward.

I rarely watch any fishing or hunting shows these days, way to much time spent on each show on selling product. I do go to youtube and watch southwest outdoors. That way I can skip all the B.S.
Posted By: Dfitz

Re: Linder's Angling Edge - 01/17/16 02:17 AM

Great family and enjoy their shows.
Posted By: 361V

Re: Linder's Angling Edge - 01/18/16 12:59 AM

Or Wallace Wildlife. Super 8 film(long after others were invented) with no sound. Looked like the original flickering motion pictures. Floating the White River for rainbow trout. Chumming with corn and fishing "until you tub was full" of dead trout. Then raffleing off an H&H spinnerbait to ONE lucky viewer. High-tech good times!
Posted By: 95champ

Re: Linder's Angling Edge - 01/18/16 02:39 AM

Originally Posted By: 361V
Or Wallace Wildlife. Super 8 film(long after others were invented) with no sound. Looked like the original flickering motion pictures. Floating the White River for rainbow trout. Chumming with corn and fishing "until you tub was full" of dead trout. Then raffleing off an H&H spinnerbait to ONE lucky viewer. High-tech good times!
Don't forget the usual "shorelunch"
Posted By: etexbasser

Re: Linder's Angling Edge - 01/18/16 01:45 PM

I enjoy the Lindners. Have learned a lot from them even though they fish up north mostly, but they are good about teaching techniques and ways to use a bait. Always something to think about. I would really enjoy getting Al to speak at my Church.
Posted By: karpbuster

Re: Linder's Angling Edge - 01/18/16 05:57 PM

Yes, I love the Linder's fishing shows I have a few DVDs they put out.
I use to think they were something on in-fisherman shows when they would go dive under water to see what was going on.
Posted By: J2H1

Re: Linder's Angling Edge - 01/18/16 07:23 PM

The earliest fishing/hunting show I remember is "The Lone Star Spoertsman" with Jim Thomas.

Re: Linder's Angling Edge - 01/18/16 07:59 PM

Originally Posted By: J2H1
The earliest fishing/hunting show I remember is "The Lone Star Spoertsman" with Jim Thomas.

Thank you! I have been going crazy trying to remember his name.
Posted By: UJC

Re: Linder's Angling Edge - 01/19/16 07:38 PM

Originally Posted By: ChuChu1
Originally Posted By: J2H1

Thank you! I have been going crazy trying to remember his name.

I first met Jim in 1997. Below is a pic of me, Jim Thomas and Dru (my son) from Sep 1997. I loved talking with him on the phone. He was the original Canadian Outpost pioneer. His long time assistant, Evelyn purchased Canadian Fly-In from Thomas' estate and ran the operations before turning ops over to her daughter Diane. They are all good folks. I've made 5 trips up to NW Ontario with them using Red Lake as the base before going to the outposts.

Posted By: texasbass1

Re: Linder's Angling Edge - 01/19/16 10:51 PM

Originally Posted By: PMB
I watched linders back in the day and it was ok. Then came along Spanish FLy with Jose, those were always shows I liked. Everything from them catching bait to the how to.

My earliest memories of a fishing show was Virgil Ward.

I rarely watch any fishing or hunting shows these days, way to much time spent on each show on selling product. I do go to youtube and watch southwest outdoors. That way I can skip all the B.S.

OMG, I thought I was the only one to remember Virgil Ward. Between him and my dad, they got me hooked on fishing.

The Linder's have a ton of knowledge and have some good shows.
Posted By: Gungle

Re: Linder's Angling Edge - 01/20/16 01:14 PM

I saw Al at a BPS one time, what a jerk. And yeah, they are hard to listen to. And the last time I caught his show, he had a sermon at the end. Really?

Cheers, cheers

George

Re: Linder's Angling Edge - 01/20/16 01:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Gungle

I saw Al at a BPS one time, what a jerk. And yeah, they are hard to listen to. And the last time I caught his show, he had a sermon at the end. Really?

Cheers, cheers

George

We all need that sermon.
Posted By: J2H1

Re: Linder's Angling Edge - 01/20/16 07:33 PM

TAhankks for the update on Jim Thomas. When I was a kid, I watched the LoneStar Sportsman every chance I got. My Dad didn't hunt or fishso that was how I got interested in the outdoors. It would be fun to see some of those old shows!

Re: Linder's Angling Edge - 01/23/16 01:56 AM

Originally Posted By: Rayzor
Just watched a new show. Dan Linder? Who's he? Every time I watch one of these programs, another Linder pops up. They must be keeping some of the younger Linder's back, like new Jacksons or Osmond's. Ha!

Troy Linder? OMG! There's another one!

Re: Linder's Angling Edge - 01/30/16 04:32 PM

Al explained why he closees his show with a faith moment and writes faith based books on this mornings show.
Posted By: Hard Rain

Re: Linder's Angling Edge - 01/31/16 03:53 PM

Originally Posted By: 95champ
Originally Posted By: 361V
Don't forget the usual "shorelunch"

I met Don Wallace one time MANY years ago at the RV show in Dallas. Super nice gentleman as down to earth as can be. I actually really liked his show back in the day. Wish there were more Sportsmen like him these days.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum