Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Welsh

Posted By: Okyakfishing

Lake Welsh - 11/30/15 06:38 AM

With all the rain around the area does Welsh flooded out or does it have a spillway? Thanks
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Lake Welsh - 11/30/15 06:47 AM

Being a power-plant lake, I assume they have to have a way to keep it close to level without flooding.

Re: Lake Welsh - 12/02/15 04:46 AM

Anyone know the water clarity with all of the rain? Does it turn into a mud hole?

Re: Lake Welsh - 12/02/15 06:26 AM

Nope, was definitely more stained than last week, but not muddy, up about a foot from last week
Posted By: Aggie Angler 93

Re: Lake Welsh - 12/02/15 11:55 PM

Is the road leading down from the parking lot to the ramp still mess up or have someone repair the wash out area?
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Lake Welsh - 12/03/15 03:12 AM

Road is still a mess. Up a foot, so the launch area turn-around was a little flooded.
Posted By: Bruce Bullard

Re: Lake Welsh - 12/03/15 07:15 AM

Water clarity?

Re: Lake Welsh - 12/04/15 04:55 AM

only a foot - well I'm in making the drive down from Tulsa for a long weekend trip.

Re: Lake Welsh - 12/04/15 05:48 AM

Stained, about 2 foot visibility
Posted By: Jiggy wid it

Re: Lake Welsh - 12/05/15 06:28 PM

We fished it yesterday. The road down to the ramp has had some rock added and spread and is in pretty good shape. I think the water clarity was a little better than 2' but not much. There is more hydrilla on the upper end then I have seen in previous years. With all that said we had a tough day. Caught 12, all smaller fish. Threw everything in the tackle box. It was a blue bird day which may have contributed to the slow fishing. Still had a good time.
Posted By: BassnTony

Re: Lake Welsh - 02/12/16 03:09 PM

Fish welsh yesterday 2-11-16. Power plant not running water 52 degrees at daybreak , 62 at 2pm. Fishing slow. Did start to see bass on beds around noon when water warmed up to 60. We got 6 up to 5lbs. Should be getting good in the next ten days or so. Normally bass are in middle of spawn by now at welsh by valentines. Power plant being off for the last few weeks have them spawning late.
Posted By: BassnTony

Re: Lake Welsh - 02/12/16 03:12 PM

If you have not been to welsh. It is a very steep lauch. When putting the boat on the ramp don't back up too far into the water. Use the pully when putting the boat back on your trailer..
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum