Texas Fishing Forum

Cotton Cordell Crazy Shad

Posted By: buckdogone

Cotton Cordell Crazy Shad - 09/28/15 04:27 PM

I would like to know how many folks out there have used or still use the Cotton Cordell Crazy Shad. I have seen some posts regarding the fear of losing the ones you have if you fish them. Would you like to see them made again. If so, what are the colors you would most like to see? Old colors, new colors, etc. I really would like feedback from the anglers.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Cotton Cordell Crazy Shad - 09/28/15 04:30 PM

Clear with the blue head. I still have a few and still fish with them.
Posted By: Jay Brown

Re: Cotton Cordell Crazy Shad - 09/28/15 06:22 PM

I have used them for at least 25 years, I have three left, a Tenn shad colored, a chrome w/black back, and a chrome w/blue back.
I would take 3 of each,plus a bone colored one too! Any one that has any that they don't want please contact me. JB
Posted By: Lil joe

Re: Cotton Cordell Crazy Shad - 09/28/15 06:30 PM

There are a lot of them for sale on ebay
Posted By: Rudy Lackey

Re: Cotton Cordell Crazy Shad - 09/29/15 12:58 PM

Clear
Posted By: Dr. Crank

Re: Cotton Cordell Crazy Shad - 09/29/15 03:42 PM

Don't use them any more,but back in the day yes. I still have some, clear, white, frog, black with ribs. Some with 2 spinners, some with 1 spinner and some with none . I'm sure they will catch fish if tied on
Posted By: txmark1959

Re: Cotton Cordell Crazy Shad - 09/30/15 12:29 PM

I've got 2 of them....don't use them as much as I should. What I really miss is the Cotton Cordell CC Shad in the shallow diver....I've got 1 of those left and wish I could find more!
Posted By: David Parker

Re: Cotton Cordell Crazy Shad - 09/30/15 02:07 PM

clear with blue head.
Posted By: JimmyP

Re: Cotton Cordell Crazy Shad - 09/30/15 06:13 PM

Cotton Cordell crazy shad is nearly identical to the Phillips Crippled Killer which I still have many from the 50's and 60's when I was fishing with my Dad. i think replicas are still available but in plastic not the wood version. I love them and still catch fish on them. I like the perch colored one the best though.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum