Texas Fishing Forum

Granger Lake - Willis Park

Posted By: Bob Landry

Granger Lake - Willis Park - 09/20/15 10:04 PM

I was looking at the COE map for Granger Lake and noticed that while Willis Park has a boat ramp, it is surrounded by submerged timber. To you guys who fish it, does that create a problem getting in and out of the ramp. I would guess that most of the people who fish it would launch at Friendship.
Posted By: crapyetr

Re: Granger Lake - Willis Park - 09/20/15 10:46 PM

go to grangergang.com and those that fish there will give u all the info u want
Posted By: Bob Landry

Re: Granger Lake - Willis Park - 09/21/15 12:04 AM

Originally Posted By: crapyetr
go to grangergang.com and those that fish there will give u all the info u want

Been there, done that. The site is down again..
Posted By: SaltyDawg88

Re: Granger Lake - Willis Park - 09/21/15 01:57 AM

Originally Posted By: Bob Landry
I was looking at the COE map for Granger Lake and noticed that while Willis Park has a boat ramp, it is surrounded by submerged timber. To you guys who fish it, does that create a problem getting in and out of the ramp. I would guess that most of the people who fish it would launch at Friendship.

Willis creek is silted in a whole bunch. It is not surrounded by timber. The timber is only to the east of Willis creek ramp. There might be a bunch of willows coming up from when the lake was 4' low but not sure how close they are to the ramp. Just 30yrds from the ramp the water is only 4' deep due to the silting in. Basicly once you leave the ram andp dock you want to head east to stay in what is left of the creek channel. Just 30yrds north of the south shore is the Willis Creek mud flats. After a rain its a good spot for catfish. Crappie can be found inthe willis creek timber, but they are far and few between. I have fished that timber many times and out of 100 stickups you might find one that has a couple of fish on it.
Posted By: TX0303

Re: Granger Lake - Willis Park - 09/21/15 03:02 PM

You'll have no problem launching a fishing or pontoon boat at Willis.
Posted By: Fritz423

Re: Granger Lake - Willis Park - 09/23/15 01:22 PM

I launch out of Taylor park for what it's worth. It's easy to get in and out of.
Posted By: TX0303

Re: Granger Lake - Willis Park - 09/23/15 03:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Fritz423
I launch out of Taylor park for what it's worth. It's easy to get in and out of.

I like Taylor Park ramp the best. It's steeper than the others so you don't have to get your feet wet.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum