Texas Fishing Forum

Joe Pool Update

Posted By: Smithaven

Joe Pool Update - 08/28/15 08:43 PM

Lynn Creek Marina finally posted an update.

"Update news: Lynn Creek Marina Ship store finally has electricity. We are working on stocking the store and getting everything in order to possibly be able to open the ship store only in next couple weeks. Our boat ramp is now open for use as well. The Oasis is till closed and the fishing barge is also still closed. I will keep everyone update as soon as possible."

They also stated the boat club was open.
Posted By: ToadThrower

Re: Joe Pool Update - 08/28/15 11:18 PM

Thanks for the update, I went by Loyd park yesterday evening to take a look at the boat ramp...if you go there it will be difficult to launch by yourself. The water is up into the woods on the north side of the ramp so you cant beach your boat on that side..the courtesy dock has apparently floated and is in disrepair they have cordoned it off with caution tape so you cant beach your boat next to the south side of the ramp...and you cant access the dock so you will have to beach your boat a good distance from the ramp...I am not sure how deep that side is but as I remember it, will be difficult to beach your boat with your prop down..so I am thinking you will definitely have to get your feet wet and muddy to launch and load...no problem if you have a partner except where to pick them up..and drop them off..
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Joe Pool Update - 08/31/15 05:20 AM

I went by myself and it really seems like the only place to beach the bot is on the ramp. The area on the other side of the dock was way too shallow for me to get near shore. I tried Lynn Creek Marina the next day. About the same problem. No where to beach it really other than the ramp if you are by yourself. They are doing construction on the restaurant area. Hopefully they take the time to attach something to make launching better.
Posted By: ToadThrower

Re: Joe Pool Update - 09/01/15 12:10 AM

I launched today from Loyd Park and used the ramp to park the boat ...no one was waiting to launch since it was a Monday and there were only about 8 trailers in the parking lot....used the ramp to park again when I loaded..the lake is dropping pretty fast from when I looked at it last week...interesting fishing caught a lot of little bass and some decent ones...(greater than 15 inches)..just as a word of caution I noticed either a tree or log just barely showing ...just past the no wake zone out of the cove from Loyd...was there when I came back if the water keeps dropping it should be visible ...all the bass were healthy and full and full of fight...should be a good fall...
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Joe Pool Update - 09/06/15 02:22 AM

Loyd park has the courtesy dock back up and functional now. Really makes it nice again going solo. Water seemed to drop a bit more also.

Re: Joe Pool Update - 09/06/15 05:23 PM

Lynn Creek Marina reopened Saturday, except for the restaurant. Everything in the store is all clean and painted. The fishing barge is open, and the fish are biting.
Posted By: Kerry Dugan

Re: Joe Pool Update - 09/07/15 01:54 AM

Lilburn,

What the heck are you doing on that side of town?

Re: Joe Pool Update - 09/07/15 02:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Kerry Dugan
Lilburn,

What the heck are you doing on that side of town?

I moved to Hurst two years ago. Joe Pool is my closest fishing lake that I can fish without the boat, which I sold when I moved. Keeping up the farm got to be too much for an old man.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum