Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Lewisville Fishing and property

Posted By: mondohoss

Lake Lewisville Fishing and property - 08/19/15 02:41 PM

We are considering building a home on Lewisville.
How is the bass fishing?
I fish Roberts frequently but have not wet a line on Lewisville.
If any TFF people who live/ fish there could chime in on where to look for a lot it would be greatly appreciated.
Much thanks...
Posted By: webber

Re: Lake Lewisville Fishing and property - 08/20/15 11:44 AM

I've had good luck on Lewisville. Been fishing the lake for years. You have to also understand that this lake is a big rec. lake as well.
So really the only time the lake is some what good to fish is early morning or off season time. School etc..

It's just finding those good old spots that have worked in the past. But the past 3 years the patterns are a bit different. Seems to be changing since water is up now.
Posted By: mondohoss

Re: Lake Lewisville Fishing and property - 08/21/15 10:36 PM

Thanks for the feedback..
So does that mean there is so much boat traffic it affects the bite?
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Lake Lewisville Fishing and property - 08/22/15 12:38 AM

I would never build a house on a Rec. Lake; unless I was going to be right in there with them. Bass fisherman, jet flees, big boats and big back wash waves do not mix. Forget fishing in the summer months and on weekends.

Edit: Big Lake so maybe you can build some where far away from the crowd.
Posted By: webber

Re: Lake Lewisville Fishing and property - 08/24/15 12:49 PM

Originally Posted By: mondohoss
Thanks for the feedback..
So does that mean there is so much boat traffic it affects the bite?

No! If you like to fish then you have to get out on the water early in the mornings be off by noon. Before the boating wake makers come out.

Fall months are great even winter. Summer time crazy! Early spring is nice as well.
Posted By: Muzzlebrake

Re: Lake Lewisville Fishing and property - 08/24/15 03:45 PM

I would be looking at a constant level lake like Athens or Lake Kiowa. Both of those will have trophy ditch pickles and a lot less lake fleas and other traffic.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum