Texas Fishing Forum

Flood Warning on Trinity River

Posted By: ou.sooner

Flood Warning on Trinity River - 08/05/15 04:34 PM

according to the news they are finally releasing water from Grapevine.
Posted By: ddmm

Re: Flood Warning on Trinity River - 08/05/15 05:52 PM

Don't know if the link below will work for you. They've been letting water out the entire month of July. Max out of the gates is only 1,930 CFS. If you're used to looking at Lewisville or Texoma, this is just a drop in the bucket!

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/tx/nwis/uv?cb_...date=2015-08-05
Posted By: ou.sooner

Re: Flood Warning on Trinity River - 08/05/15 06:14 PM

yea, channel 5 at lunch time made it sound like they ramped it up yesterday out of Grapevine, Lewisville and Ray Roberts. Not sure how much they are actually upping it though.
Posted By: ddmm

Re: Flood Warning on Trinity River - 08/05/15 06:29 PM

I didn't look at Lewisville. With Raybob still being up, they are probably dumping a lot out of Lewisville.
Posted By: webber

Re: Flood Warning on Trinity River - 08/06/15 12:49 PM

Lewisville been releasing on average at 4200 to 4500 since May rain. Then they do a slower release one day per week then it goes back up. Lewisville is dropping a foot per every two days. It's now 6 feet over full pool.
Posted By: BrianTx01

Re: Flood Warning on Trinity River - 08/06/15 05:23 PM

I have heard that several of these cities are getting federal disaster money while the ramps/parks are closed. If that is true there may be an extended repair period.
Posted By: Muzzlebrake

Re: Flood Warning on Trinity River - 08/06/15 06:05 PM

Originally Posted By: BrianTx01
I have heard that several of these cities are getting federal disaster money while the ramps/parks are closed. If that is true there may be an extended repair period.

Sounds exactly like something greedy Grapevine would do.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum