Texas Fishing Forum

Cedar Mills Lake Texoma

Posted By: JRR

Cedar Mills Lake Texoma - 07/19/15 03:21 PM

went yesterday to check on my boat, flood damage to the place is amazing. Very nice trailer homes completely destroyed along with the pelican landing restaurant. I would have never dreamed that some of the trailers would have been in the water, figured they were high enough and far enough away to escape the waters. Completely devastating for the businesses on and near the lake. I whine about the lake levels and not being able to get out there but my inconvenience pales in comparison to what they have gone through, I don't see how any business can survive this.
Posted By: swimjigin

Re: Cedar Mills Lake Texoma - 07/19/15 06:34 PM

I hear ya and yes the amount of damage is unbelievable, I wonder if the marinas will make it as well. Would bet that some will be forced to sell. I live 10 min from Eisenhower, it's a huge blow to our local economy and our recreation! Just hope they will have the roads and ramps fixed by next year, I think access will be very limited until then. I worry about the bass population also, flood came on the tail end of the spawn. Loved fishing it, there were several days we caught smallies, largies, and spots.
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Cedar Mills Lake Texoma - 07/19/15 07:46 PM

We started out home back in February, still have not finished the metal roof, the stone work is about 2/3 done, the rain really slowed the construction down, we are not in any big hurry now because the lake is still flooded. Some of the businesses are going to fail, they cannot withstand missing an entire season.
Posted By: Budward

Re: Cedar Mills Lake Texoma - 07/21/15 12:00 AM

Things will be ok. Lake is coming down at a good rate now. A lot of businesses/people got help from FEMA I believe. They will come back

Re: Cedar Mills Lake Texoma - 07/21/15 08:23 PM

Budward I sure hope so. Sooner than later would be great! I miss it badly, and business definitely slows for me and countless others. Just gotta ride it out!

Re: Cedar Mills Lake Texoma - 07/21/15 11:13 PM

Originally Posted By: swimjigin
Budward I sure hope so. Sooner than later would be great! I miss it badly, and business definitely slows for me and countless others. Just gotta ride it out!

The lake is coming down quick now, wont be long. Fishing is starting to get good on the lake too, just need to get people to come out
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: Cedar Mills Lake Texoma - 07/22/15 04:46 PM

It won't be long
Posted By: PKfishin

Re: Cedar Mills Lake Texoma - 07/23/15 02:46 PM

The lake is still muddy. I bet it will be October before it clears up.

I sure miss Texoma. I fished it every week the last few years. Fishing the muddy Red River will not replace the clear pretty water Texoma had. I'll wait until it clears.

Re: Cedar Mills Lake Texoma - 07/23/15 03:45 PM

Originally Posted By: PKfishin
The lake is still muddy. I bet it will be October before it clears up.

I sure miss Texoma. I fished it every week the last few years. Fishing the muddy Red River will not replace the clear pretty water Texoma had. I'll wait until it clears.

It's clearing right now. When was the last time you went out? I was out there last week and it is improving, still muddy yes, but getting better. Give it till the end of August im betting

People are talking of Texoma as if its gone or something, relax people. Everything is going to be ok

Re: Cedar Mills Lake Texoma - 07/23/15 05:42 PM

[/quote]

It's clearing right now. When was the last time you went out? I was out there last week and it is improving, still muddy yes, but getting better. Give it till the end of August im betting

People are talking of Texoma as if its gone or something, relax people. Everything is going to be ok [/quote]

Thanks for the encouragement Budward, I haven't been on the water since it went over. Glad to hear it, sure will be nice to have access back!

Re: Cedar Mills Lake Texoma - 07/23/15 06:40 PM

Just spoke to a guide earlier today he says the water by the dam is stained but 5 ft. visibility, which is pretty good. Also said they slayed some catfish and mixed bag of striper on live bait.
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Cedar Mills Lake Texoma - 07/24/15 12:58 AM

I plan on being a regular up there pretty soon, sure hope she gets back to normal, love that lake.

Re: Cedar Mills Lake Texoma - 07/24/15 02:49 PM

Budward: I have not been up there in a long time.Glad to hear it's clearing. I do watch the guide reports and look at TPWD fishing report. See the latest below:

TEXOMA Water stained to muddy; 19.78' high. No report available. All ramps closed due to high water and floating debris.

here's the latest report from the lake I could find by a guide

http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/10988401/Lake_Texoma_

Here's the picture from the report ( does not look like the Texoma I remember)

Re: Cedar Mills Lake Texoma - 07/25/15 04:14 PM

got email from Cedar Mills, corps predicts lake to be normal level by end of August....

Re: Cedar Mills Lake Texoma - 07/25/15 04:34 PM

That would be awesome. Love to fish Texoma again.

As for stained water, it's like that at PK too. I can mark stripers but have trouble catching them on lures because they cannot see them. I caught a 22 inch striper yesterday but it was shallow and I guess I just lucked into him. last year I could pull my two jig one crankbait rig at 20 feet over stripers on the bottom in 35 feet and have them come up and take that lure most every time. Now, if I want to catch those deep fish I need bait, patience and and an umbrella for the sun. No fun drifting or slowly moving with the tolling motor at .5 MPH when there's little wind and the July sun is beating down on you.
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Cedar Mills Lake Texoma - 07/26/15 12:06 AM

PK, the water is not as bad as you make it sound. The locals need all the help they can promoting the lake. Maybe you could be a little less negative. There are ramps open and people catching fish.

Re: Cedar Mills Lake Texoma - 07/26/15 11:41 AM

That seems a bit harsh. I'm a huge texoma supporter and I didn't want to get on the water in my boat and its in a slip with a shuttle taking me there. Lakes dropping and clearing so soon I will.

Re: Cedar Mills Lake Texoma - 07/26/15 03:22 PM

How am I being negative? I just pasted in the report from the TPWD.

Re: Cedar Mills Lake Texoma - 08/01/15 02:59 PM

Lake steadily dropping, got email update that road from north into marina is now open. Not much parking and still have to boat shuttle to docks but some docks have power restored. I'm ready for some ramps to open so I can retrieve boat and put new SI on it.

Re: Cedar Mills Lake Texoma - 08/05/15 11:26 PM

Was there today, lake dropping 1/2 foot a day, power on to my dock and walkway to it open in a couple days. Not sure when gas dock is open. Water was stained but boat shuttle guy said it was fairly clear before wind stirred it up.

Re: Cedar Mills Lake Texoma - 08/06/15 06:31 PM

It's more or less back to normal on the lake. Another week and we'll be able to use the roads around highport again
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum