Texas Fishing Forum

Almost fought my "friend"today

Posted By: YAKaddict

Almost fought my "friend"today - 06/19/15 11:37 PM

So this guy catches freshly spawned largemouths and cats about 6" long and keeps them.... Long story short I explain to him that if he doesn't let the fish grow the spot I gave him will be no good and he proceeds to call me a activist. I've seen this guy take under catfish by the dozens along with largemouths. If he catches 100 he keeps 100 . What should I do , sometimes he fishes lakes sometimes he fishes a creek off of the lake but he will not be fishing with me anymore . By the way he's so stupid that when I told him he's going to fish out the spot and no one can use it and he will have to drive out to lavon again he replied with "I'll find another spot and fish that one out"
Posted By: timbertoes

Re: Almost fought my "friend"today - 06/19/15 11:53 PM

eek. would not want to fish with anyone that the game warden will take to jail..........
you would be on the GW's radar with him.
Posted By: SteveHummert

Re: Almost fought my "friend"today - 06/20/15 12:00 AM

Report him to the GW, he will handle your "friend" for you....it is the correct thing to do unless it is a private body of watering which case pick better friends
Posted By: JkWho

Re: Almost fought my "friend"today - 06/20/15 12:17 AM

I would report him with no thought whatsoever...
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Almost fought my "friend"today - 06/20/15 01:23 AM

Game warden
Posted By: Capt Craig

Re: Almost fought my "friend"today - 06/20/15 01:23 AM

Illegal fish are illegal fish. If he isn't following the rules when you bring it up, then he needs a more talking too.
Posted By: scott82

Re: Almost fought my "friend"today - 06/20/15 01:43 AM

Not only would I call the game warden
I'd give them the spots he usually fishes as well as the times he's usually out there.
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Almost fought my "friend"today - 06/20/15 01:54 AM

http://www.ogttx.com/reportpoaching.cfm

Report illegal hunting and fishing – call 1-800-792-GAME (4263).
"This information will not be used for any purpose other than to attempt to apprehend the offender being reported."
Posted By: PhishWhisperer

Re: Almost fought my "friend"today - 06/20/15 04:15 AM

Guy must be from Louisiana. If Tarzan had been a Cajun, Cheetah would have been gumbo!
Posted By: Indianation65

Re: Almost fought my "friend"today - 06/20/15 05:47 AM

Is he a friend, or "this guy?" Regardless, if compelled, called the game warden, and accept that neither of you will probably want to be "friends" anymore, at least not near water.

...wisdom
Posted By: 67TexasTBend

Re: Almost fought my "friend"today - 06/20/15 11:36 AM

How about explaining to him that's it's illegal? But sounds like he wouldn't listen. The Gamewarden needs to be made aware of him. And remember, guilty by association.
Posted By: Muzzlebrake

Re: Almost fought my "friend"today - 06/20/15 11:40 AM

So, let me get this straight. If it's big enough to get on the hook then it's big enough to stink up a skillet?
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Almost fought my "friend"today - 06/20/15 01:07 PM

If he is an illegal alien then calling the law will have no effect on him.......
Posted By: bigjim

Re: Almost fought my "friend"today - 06/20/15 02:04 PM

by not calling the game warden you are aiding and abetting a criminal which in itself is a crime. JMHO
Posted By: standalone

Re: Almost fought my "friend"today - 06/20/15 02:49 PM

I reported a former friend for taking deer and turkey over limit to operation game thief and went to court and testified against him. I tried talking to him but only ticked him off. I did what's right, so should you. Why would you want to be friends with some one who steals from you?
Posted By: Fishin' Nut

Re: Almost fought my "friend"today - 06/20/15 02:56 PM

You are not an "activist". You are a "conservationist". Big difference.
Posted By: Big Lunker

Re: Almost fought my "friend"today - 06/21/15 01:54 PM

Originally Posted By: PhishWhisperer
Guy must be from Louisiana. If Tarzan had been a Cajun, Cheetah would have been gumbo!
LMAO here. Very funny!! roflmao
Posted By: butch sanders

Re: Almost fought my "friend"today - 06/21/15 04:19 PM

1st how can somebody in this era, who kayak fishes, be so stupid
go fish with him & call the game warden while y'all are together
Posted By: standalone

Re: Almost fought my "friend"today - 06/21/15 07:19 PM

They do not have to be caught in the act but just to testify in court.
Posted By: YAKaddict

Re: Almost fought my "friend"today - 06/21/15 09:31 PM

Got it handled, I can't believe people are making me out to be the bad guy when I almost fought this guy for doing the wrong thing. That is exactly why people don't speak out in situations . I fished with this guy twice and on the last trip he did this that's how I found out how he is. He caught a couple that were obviously small and I thought he was going to throw it back but I never heard a splash .I do everything by the books . He now understands a couple of things. What's ironic is he is from Louisiana's backwoods I'm talking way back there! He told me he would eat anything animal related he can get his hands on because it's no good to anyone once it rots. That was almost enough right there but I didn't judge.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum