Texas Fishing Forum

Llano Rivers in Junction

Posted By: Lane H.

Llano Rivers in Junction - 06/17/15 04:11 AM

Anyone ever fished the Llano rivers or the lakes in Junction? My dad and I are thinking about hitting them up this weekend and want to know what rigs to bring.
Posted By: ripndrag

Re: Llano Rivers in Junction - 06/17/15 01:53 PM

take a light weight spinning rig, spent many days sitting in the water having a beverage and catching guadalupe bass on minnows. Take a minnow trap put a little bread in it and you will have plenty of bait within a few minutes. I have tried artificial, minnows much more effective. Lots of perch also.
Posted By: Knot Normal

Re: Llano Rivers in Junction - 06/17/15 04:18 PM

I hunt that area every winter. I have always wanted to try and fish it sometime.
Posted By: 361V

Re: Llano Rivers in Junction - 06/17/15 05:52 PM

I have canoed & fished the South Llano and Llano river more times than I can count. Beautiful river. One of my favorite areas is the S. Llano from the US 377 crossing down to The S. Llano River State Park outside Junction. Good flow even during dry periods due to large influx from area springs. Fishing can be very good. Lots of bass lures can work: small worms, small craw dad crankbaits, topwater(tiny torpedos, small buzzbaits...) but the best thing I have found on the river is a 3"-4" curley tailed grub on a jig head fished on a light spinning rod. Any color...as long as it is chartruse! We canoe down fishing the entire river but get out and really work the small areas of fast water w/rapids. I have fished lots of rivers in Texas, Oklahome & Arkansas and have found if they don't bite this they ain't biteing.
Posted By: SmokeDraw

Re: Llano Rivers in Junction - 06/18/15 03:13 AM

rapala floating minnows and Beatle spins are killers on that river.
Posted By: roadtrip

Re: Llano Rivers in Junction - 06/18/15 10:40 PM

I've had great luck there on live grasshoppers. The green ones.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum