Texas Fishing Forum

Fork hybrids?

Posted By: RangerBass21

Fork hybrids? - 06/09/15 03:28 AM

Heard a rumor TPWD stocked or stocking fork with hybrids? This any true?
Posted By: Longeye

Re: Fork hybrids? - 06/09/15 03:55 AM

I'd be shocked if that was true.
Posted By: Bois d'arc

Re: Fork hybrids? - 06/09/15 01:09 PM

Re: Fork hybrids? - 06/09/15 02:45 PM

I heard from a "lake fork stick"
Posted By: lipjerk

Re: Fork hybrids? - 06/09/15 06:24 PM

gawd I hope not!
Posted By: Hard Rain

Re: Fork hybrids? - 06/10/15 11:55 AM

Very seriously doubt it but I bet they could grow some big ones grin. I am mostly a LMB fisherman but I love hybrid fishing as well.
Posted By: LakeForkGroupie

Re: Fork hybrids? - 06/10/15 06:57 PM

According o the TPWD site they have never stocked sandbass, I would doubt they would stock hybrids, I don't see how that helps them achieve their goal of a trophy largemouth fishery.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Fork hybrids? - 06/10/15 07:15 PM

I can lay this to rest right now. I just spoke to Dave Terre who is the chief of management and research for TPWDs Inland Fisheries Division. Dave said NEVER will TPWD stock hybrid striped bass in Lake Fork. He did say they may be stocking some more into Tawakoni. Dave suggested any other questions be directed to Kevin Storey who is the head TPWD fisheries biologist for Lake Fork.
Posted By: LakeForkGroupie

Re: Fork hybrids? - 06/10/15 09:02 PM

Originally Posted By: fouzman
I can lay this to rest right now. I just spoke to Dave Terre who is the chief of management and research for TPWDs Inland Fisheries Division. Dave said NEVER will TPWD stock hybrid striped bass in Lake Fork. He did say they may be stocking some more into Tawakoni. Dave suggested any other questions be directed to Kevin Storey who is the head TPWD fisheries biologist for Lake Fork.

banana
Posted By: Devil Horse

Re: Fork hybrids? - 06/11/15 03:48 AM

TPWD might not stock them in Fork but i bet some people that fish tawakoni already have, just like they did sand bass years back, now look at it.
Posted By: Davedave

Re: Fork hybrids? - 06/11/15 12:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Devil Horse

TPWD might not stock them in Fork but i bet some people that fish tawakoni already have, just like they did sand bass years back, now look at it.

Maybe that has happened. He spoke with TPWD regarding this and got their take on it they have no plans to do it. I know some people don't want the sand bass there. So what if someone puts some hybrids in from somewhere else? They can't reproduce. It wouldn't be the first time a hybrid has been caught in a lake in which they were never stocked by TPWD.

Re: Fork hybrids? - 06/11/15 01:26 PM

Back then it wasn't illegal. It is today. If anyone hears of someone bringing hybrids from anywhere to Fork, they should contact the local Game Warden IMMEDIATELY!

Re: Fork hybrids? - 06/11/15 01:34 PM

Back then it wasn't illegal. It is today. If anyone hears of someone bringing hybrids from anywhere to Fork, they should contact the local Game Warden IMMEDIATELY!

You are correct that it is illegal, and shouldn't happen for that reason. My comments are for the folks that are concerned with sand bass or hybrids competing with the LMB for food. If someone wants to be concerned, I would be more concerned with the sand bass. They can reproduce,many are not going away. If hybrids show up there, they won't be there forever.

Re: Fork hybrids? - 06/11/15 01:40 PM

im gonna put smallmouth in
Posted By: wetduck

Re: Fork hybrids? - 06/11/15 02:17 PM

Nile perch would be nice or tarpon

Re: Fork hybrids? - 06/11/15 02:33 PM

Originally Posted By: wetduck
Nile perch would be nice or tarpon

I can't argue with that.

Re: Fork hybrids? - 06/11/15 02:49 PM

Piranhas bolt

Re: Fork hybrids? - 06/11/15 03:08 PM

We already have several Piranha on Lake Fork. They're the 'guides' that are destroying deep holes with live bait while putting their customers on some really big bass. mad

It's legal and fun, I know.
Posted By: Gmann

Re: Fork hybrids? - 06/12/15 03:49 PM

We already have several Piranha on Lake Fork. They're the 'guides' that are destroying deep holes with live bait while putting their customers on some really big bass. mad

So what's your issue with what they are doing? You just don't agree with it? I don't understand. . .

Re: Fork hybrids? - 06/12/15 04:07 PM

bolt
Posted By: Peepaw on Fork

Re: Fork hybrids? - 06/12/15 04:09 PM

The last state record was caught on live bait. The next one probably will be also

Re: Fork hybrids? - 06/12/15 04:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Peepaw on Fork
The last state record was caught on live bait. The next one probably will be also

Yup he was crappie fishing, if you look at the past lunkers they were caught crappie fishing

Re: Fork hybrids? - 06/12/15 04:12 PM

Originally Posted By: RangerBass21
Originally Posted By: Peepaw on Fork

Yup he was crappie fishing, if you look at the past lunkers they were caught crappie fishing

He was actually crappie fishing. I love that story. It has driven bass guys nuts for years.

Re: Fork hybrids? - 06/12/15 05:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Gmann

So what's your issue with what they are doing? You just don't agree with it? I don't understand. . .

The only issue I have with it is some of these guys are seeing top guides fishing artificials on good holes then coming in behind them and decimating the spot with live bait.

Re: Fork hybrids? - 06/12/15 05:47 PM

The only issue I have with it is some of these guys are seeing top guides fishing artificials on good holes then coming in behind them and decimating the spot with live bait.

My question stands, what is your issue with that? As far as I know there is nothing illegal about what they are doing.

Some may consider that to be "unethical", however, one person's ethics do not apply to everyone. It's a public body of water that can be fished by any legal method.

Re: Fork hybrids? - 06/12/15 05:55 PM

I answered your question and I'm not going to get in a pizzing match with you. My issue is with these 'guides' getting on good deep schools they couldn't find themselves. Potlickers. Are you one of them?
Posted By: Devil Horse

Re: Fork hybrids? - 06/12/15 07:46 PM

always going to be people that fish with artificials, always going to be people fishing with live bait and always going to be people fishing in "other" peoples holes roflmao

just the way humans and life is.

Re: Fork hybrids? - 06/12/15 08:45 PM

I answered your question and I'm not going to get in a pizzing match with you. My issue is with these 'guides' getting on good deep schools they couldn't find themselves. Potlickers. Are you one of them?

Elitist. Are you one of them?
Posted By: lakeforkfishon

Re: Fork hybrids? - 06/13/15 06:38 PM

My question stands, what is your issue with that? As far as I know there is nothing illegal about what they are doing.

Some may consider that to be "unethical", however, one person's ethics do not apply to everyone. It's a public body of water that can be fished by any legal method.

This banana
Posted By: lakeforkfishon

Re: Fork hybrids? - 06/13/15 06:43 PM

Hey, there are Sandbass in Lake Fork..that means like all the other Sandbass Lakes,

Etiquette about someones spot pretty much goes out the window bolt

like when there are schooling and a Pontoon boat trolls right through the middle of em roflmao
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum