Texas Fishing Forum

destin fl fishing suggestions

Posted By: dimitri

destin fl fishing suggestions - 06/03/15 07:58 AM

i will be in destin fl the first week of august 2015. is there any peacock or black bass fishing in that area? if so can yall recommend someone i can contact about a guided trip? also interested in contacts for saltwater fishing in the area.
Posted By: webber

Re: destin fl fishing suggestions - 06/03/15 01:24 PM

If you go to the lagoon area, there are tons of charters and private guides in this area. Plus when you get there you can call thru there local directory.

a lot of good fishing happens under the island 98 bridge for reds etc.. There is also a sunken ship reef on the out skirts of Pensacola. Just ask around there a tons of guides with different rates. I'm sure the bay area is full of fun as well. Have fun!
Posted By: keep it wet

Re: destin fl fishing suggestions - 06/03/15 01:44 PM

Call Capt. Chris Kirby 850-685-9368 Destin Inshore Charters.
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: destin fl fishing suggestions - 06/03/15 05:14 PM

No peacock bass in Fl or the states that I know of. Last thing Fl needs is another exotic on the loose. Ocean fishing depends on what you want catch and how much you want to pay. If you go with a party boat check out Swoop I or II. Get there early and reserve a spot in the back by dipping one of the deckhands.
Posted By: militarybrat

Re: destin fl fishing suggestions - 06/03/15 05:26 PM

I am a well used to be a die hard bass fisherman until I had the oppertunity to fish the near shore reefs on 05-14-15. I stayed in Destin and went out fishing with panama city inshore. There are photos posted in the open saltwater section 4.5 hrs of magic. Top water Amber Jack is amazing check out the photos might ruin you too lol.
Posted By: ebl

Re: destin fl fishing suggestions - 06/03/15 05:41 PM

I have fished for and caught peacock bass in the canals in Maimi. was with guide but cannot recall his name. Not aware of tIf you find them in destin area let me know.hem beng elsewhere in the state
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: destin fl fishing suggestions - 06/03/15 06:35 PM

Contact Captain Krista Tucker you can thank me later
Posted By: Rudy Lackey

Re: destin fl fishing suggestions - 06/03/15 06:52 PM

Florida fishing forum
Posted By: RGBass

Re: destin fl fishing suggestions - 06/03/15 07:33 PM

there peacocks in Florida for sure. I have not fished them but have seen them on fishing shows. they are not very big like you see in the Amazon but they are there.
Posted By: dimitri

Re: destin fl fishing suggestions - 06/04/15 03:42 PM

Originally Posted By: RGBass
there peacocks in Florida for sure. I have not fished them but have seen them on fishing shows. they are not very big like you see in the Amazon but they are there.

i think the peacocks are mostly down in south fl. but im hoping i can get into some around destin and if not i will look at the saltwater fishing.

THANKS FOR ALL THE CONTACTS GUYS AND PLEASE KEEP EM COMIN'
Posted By: Ranger-188-2007

Re: destin fl fishing suggestions - 06/05/15 07:59 PM

All the peacock bass are in land locked canals in south Florida. They don't want them to get out. There are some in the canals behind the big race track down there. Not Daytona, but another one can't think of the name of it!
Posted By: TeamSkeeter20i

Re: destin fl fishing suggestions - 06/05/15 10:55 PM

You guys are correct there are peacock bass in the canals down south and there are also plenty of big snakes to catch down there as well.
Posted By: cob

Re: destin fl fishing suggestions - 06/06/15 01:44 AM

Fished with guide Alan Zaremba when we were at Ft Lauderdale in January. Fished canals in Miami and caught Peacock Bass to 5 lbs on fly rod. Great guide and large fun!
Lindy
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum