Texas Fishing Forum

North Side of grapevine Ramps

Posted By: Chiprat

North Side of grapevine Ramps - 05/18/15 10:10 PM

Went to Twin Coves today and Murrell Park, only Murrell was open and that was the Gravel High water ramp, ok for my Jon boat, but has no Dock,etc. Twin coves had the gate locked at the Very front before you even go down the road
Posted By: LuvPondFishing

Re: North Side of grapevine Ramps - 05/19/15 02:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Chiprat
Went to Twin Coves today and Murrell Park, only Murrell was open and that was the Gravel High water ramp, ok for my Jon boat, but has no Dock,etc. Twin coves had the gate locked at the Very front before you even go down the road

Good info! Thanks

I have read conflicting reports about Twin Coves. Some mentioned a "high water ramp" that was open at Twin Coves, but I had never heard of one there before and the Twin Coves Park website implied that the whole park is closed. I think some ppl confuse Twin Coves and Murrell.

You just saved me a drive
Posted By: rkd

Re: North Side of grapevine Ramps - 05/19/15 02:55 PM

There is a newly opened high water ramp in Murrell-NOT Twin Coves. The brand new ramp at Twin Coves is very nice but closed. Murrell now has two ramps, the regular ramp is closed. This is the first time the high water ramp has ever been open. They've been working on it for the last couple of years. Unless you have a pass, Twin Coves will cost you $10 to launch and I think Murrell is still free. The restaurant is now open at Twin Coves and is very good. Rockin S. Still going through some growing pains (we went on Sunday and they were out of 75% of the menu) and the parking lot being shut down doesn't help. Cold beer on tap and a good burger.
Posted By: NTXBowfisher

Re: North Side of grapevine Ramps - 05/20/15 10:31 PM

silverlake and katy woods high ramps are open as well
Posted By: ou.sooner

Re: North Side of grapevine Ramps - 05/21/15 01:56 PM

Originally Posted By: rkd
There is a newly opened high water ramp in Murrell-NOT Twin Coves. The brand new ramp at Twin Coves is very nice but closed. Murrell now has two ramps, the regular ramp is closed. This is the first time the high water ramp has ever been open. They've been working on it for the last couple of years. Unless you have a pass, Twin Coves will cost you $10 to launch and I think Murrell is still free. The restaurant is now open at Twin Coves and is very good. Rockin S. Still going through some growing pains (we went on Sunday and they were out of 75% of the menu) and the parking lot being shut down doesn't help. Cold beer on tap and a good burger.

I think some of the folks get confused between Twin Coves Park & Twin Coves Marina which is in Murrell Park. Twin Coves Park is definitely closed and Murrell park high water was open but like noted is gravel and not very large.

Also, if you like shrimp try the bacon wrapped jalapeno shrimp at Rockin' S. Good Stuff.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum