Texas Fishing Forum

Cheap PK waterfront cabin rental?

Posted By: huntinfish

Cheap PK waterfront cabin rental? - 05/05/15 08:14 PM

looking for something on the water and cheap.
Posted By: pkskeetersr

Re: Cheap PK waterfront cabin rental? - 05/05/15 08:58 PM

I don't think there is such a thing !!!!
Posted By: Phil Clark

Re: Cheap PK waterfront cabin rental? - 05/06/15 12:23 AM

Yeah, on the water and cheap don't mix well
Posted By: 9094

Re: Cheap PK waterfront cabin rental? - 05/06/15 03:06 AM

Off the water and cheap is fiction also.
Try Hide Away Cabins. They are not on the lake but OK. hard to get a oat and rig up a round them though.
Posted By: kingdad101

Re: Cheap PK waterfront cabin rental? - 05/06/15 04:14 AM

might try the State Park...
Posted By: huntinfish

Re: Cheap PK waterfront cabin rental? - 05/06/15 03:16 PM

let me rephrase what I am saying.

I am looking for something on the water and cheap(for being on the water).

Re: Cheap PK waterfront cabin rental? - 05/06/15 08:40 PM

Try Fox Hollow or Bass Hollow. With the lake being down on the water is a relative term but the do have cabins that look out over the water. Im not sure if they have usable ramps though. Fox Hollow has an OK restaurant too.
Posted By: KHumpert

Re: Cheap PK waterfront cabin rental? - 05/07/15 04:48 PM

If your looking for a place on the west side of the lake then +1 on Fox Hollow or Bass Hollow. You may also try Possum Hollow.

If you want east side (near the mouth of the Brazos), try Sky Camp, Rock Creek, or Willow Beach. I usually stay at Willow and dock the boat at either North D&D or South D&D (4.5 miles away from Willow) depending on which side of the lake I want to fish. There is also a ramp at Willow, however I haven't been down there in a while so I don't know what shape the ramp is in.

You may also try www.vrbo.com or www.homeaway.com and you can rent a vacation rental directly through the owner. (I use these website a lot)

Hope this helps. The Brazos is running with a lot of water right now due to the recent heavy rains, so hopefully PK will start coming up pretty soon.
Posted By: 361V

Re: Cheap PK waterfront cabin rental? - 05/07/15 09:03 PM

I just made a reservation for a small cabin at Bass Hollow for Memorial Day weekend. Was beginning to think there was no room anywhere in the state. Hope Bass Hollow is OK. Never put in on the far side. Any dependable ramps mid-lake over on that side? Thank you, 361V.

Re: Cheap PK waterfront cabin rental? - 05/08/15 02:45 AM

Not unless Bass Hollow has extended theirs. You can launch at the state park with no problems.
Posted By: KHumpert

Re: Cheap PK waterfront cabin rental? - 05/08/15 02:12 PM

Before you run around to the State Park, you may call the Breakers and see what condition their ramp is in. The Breakers is only 1.5 miles away from where you will be staying and its across from Sandy Beach, therefore is a pretty central location on the north side of the lake. They also have a nice gas dock etc.

The Breakers
5001 Camp David Rd.
Graham, TX 76450

940-549-6470

http://www.thebreakersonpk.com/
Posted By: 361V

Re: Cheap PK waterfront cabin rental? - 05/09/15 01:15 AM

Originally Posted By: trojan2004
Before you run around to the State Park, you may call the Breakers and see what condition their ramp is in. The Breakers is only 1.5 miles away from where you will be staying and its across from Sandy Beach, therefore is a pretty central location on the north side of the lake. They also have a nice gas dock etc.

The Breakers
5001 Camp David Rd.
Graham, TX 76450

940-549-6470

http://www.thebreakersonpk.com/
Good info! Thank you.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum