Texas Fishing Forum

Revo STX vs Shimano Curado/ Chronarch

Posted By: Max flipper

Revo STX vs Shimano Curado/ Chronarch - 04/08/15 05:43 PM

Does anybody have an opinion on which is the better reel - Abu Garcia Revo STX or Shimano Curado or Chronarch? I'm about to update the gear. I have always been a Shimano guy butI was curious if the Revo STX is better. The price for each is similar.
Which would you purchase?
Posted By: marschall

Re: Revo STX vs Shimano Curado/ Chronarch - 04/09/15 08:55 PM

Always been a Abu Garcia guy myself , but I love my Revos
Posted By: 4x4Active

Re: Revo STX vs Shimano Curado/ Chronarch - 04/10/15 01:30 AM

For me personally... Ill go with Shimano on spinning reel and Abu on baitcaster.
Posted By: Matt "Moondog" Mooney

Re: Revo STX vs Shimano Curado/ Chronarch - 04/22/15 02:26 AM

Shimano Curado I
Posted By: JackMason

Re: Revo STX vs Shimano Curado/ Chronarch - 04/22/15 04:29 AM

Have the Revos both SX and STX and also have Curados and Chronarchs. In my opinion the Shimanos are superior in casting and durability over the Revos. Chronarchs have really impressed me. Revos hardly make it in my boat anymore.
Posted By: 10to1

Re: Revo STX vs Shimano Curado/ Chronarch - 04/22/15 02:23 PM

I have both and fish with the shimano always! they are much smoother, better casting, and lighter. Another thing I have found to be problematic is the revo pinches the snot out of my index finger when the line guide comes across. its just the way I palm my reel, but OUCH! Never had this happen with the shimano design.
Posted By: jimritcholds481

Re: Revo STX vs Shimano Curado/ Chronarch - 04/22/15 07:46 PM

dude, get a lews
Posted By: lodell23

Re: Revo STX vs Shimano Curado/ Chronarch - 04/22/15 09:43 PM

Originally Posted By: 10to1
I have both and fish with the shimano always! they are much smoother, better casting, and lighter. Another thing I have found to be problematic is the revo pinches the snot out of my index finger when the line guide comes across. its just the way I palm my reel, but OUCH! Never had this happen with the shimano design.
I'm not the only one!!!
Posted By: Txduckgunner

Re: Revo STX vs Shimano Curado/ Chronarch - 04/28/15 10:41 AM

I have revos chronarchs and curados and I like all three types. but as for dependability and reliability, I say the chronarch/curado is the best choice.
Posted By: dandeeks

Re: Revo STX vs Shimano Curado/ Chronarch - 04/28/15 01:04 PM

Shimano's are not lighter. Check the specs on their websites and you will see. I have both (curado, revo stx, and even chronarch) of the new versions. The Revo is a much smaller profile and easier to hold and cast with, especially for pitching and flipping. I like them both, for some reason the Shimano's feel stronger in my hand (if that makes sense), but the revo is way smoother and casts farther with less trouble. I have caught many big fish on all... my Revo STX has become my go to.
Posted By: slshaneus

Re: Revo STX vs Shimano Curado/ Chronarch - 04/29/15 12:33 AM

i use lew's and revo's, got away from shimano when they went to the "G" series junk....... and will not buy another till they fix the sticky grip problem
Posted By: Viper Bri

Re: Revo STX vs Shimano Curado/ Chronarch - 04/29/15 08:19 PM

Buy the curado and the citica is actually the same the as the old green curado
Posted By: Viper Bri

Re: Revo STX vs Shimano Curado/ Chronarch - 04/29/15 08:22 PM

U
Posted By: J2H1

Re: Revo STX vs Shimano Curado/ Chronarch - 04/29/15 09:33 PM

I went all Revos. ABU Garcia has better support for their products. I can still buy parts for old red 5000s from 1972. Shimano doesn't do that. When Southwest parts said the parts weren't available for some of my Shimanos, I retired them all and went pure ABU.
Posted By: Roller22

Re: Revo STX vs Shimano Curado/ Chronarch - 04/30/15 04:20 PM

Originally Posted By: lodell23
Originally Posted By: 10to1
I'm not the only one!!!

Same here with Chronarch being the best hands down. Smoothest casting reel I've ever used but I consistently use my CU-100 because of the size. Love my little green reels.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum