Texas Fishing Forum

Best fishing shoe?

Posted By: jtbgator

Best fishing shoe? - 05/31/12 04:33 PM

Wondering if you guys had any recommendations on fishing shoes. I like wearing sandals and don't really like crocs. Has to be water-proof and most importantly, reduce/eliminate odor as much as possible.

Anyone have any thought to these?

Shimano's

Sperry's

Posted By: et-tom

Re: Best fishing shoe? - 05/31/12 04:52 PM

Keen.

Posted By: Piper354

Re: Best fishing shoe? - 05/31/12 05:01 PM

I have a pair of Merrell water shoes. Buy no means water proof as they are designed to be in the water. Bought them in 2006 and still going strong. Very similar to the current Manitee ones they have out now. I do wear them with poly no show socks though.Just more comfy that way. My feet do not get wet until I put the boat back on the trailer. Between these shoes/socks, and wearing swim trunks when I fish, getting wet is no big deal bc they all dry out quick. These were about $80 when I bought them and the new ones are $100.Hope this helps.

Mike

Posted By: Daddyof2

Re: Best fishing shoe? - 05/31/12 07:17 PM

American eagle flip flops.. Dry fast and holds no odor. The ones with cushion are comfortable all day long.

Posted By: spro

Re: Best fishing shoe? - 05/31/12 07:24 PM

Originally Posted By: et-tom
Keen.

+1

Posted By: Manchu

Re: Best fishing shoe? - 05/31/12 07:25 PM

nike free runners

Posted By: Jefe

Re: Best fishing shoe? - 05/31/12 07:26 PM

If you're on a carpeted boat- nothing beats a croc. If you dont like the look, get the flip flop version.

I have a pair of the most expensive Sperry (ASV) for offshore/Bay fishing. Might feet hurt like Hayell after a day on the water. What I spent on those I can buy 5 pair of the offroad crocs. Afterall, fishing isn't a beauty contest and if you cant stand long enough to enjoy it....

Posted By: jsb91010

Re: Best fishing shoe? - 05/31/12 07:28 PM

any kind of shoe can "hold an odor" if they don't dry out enough.. i work around water everyday and wear flip flops that reek, and also had shoes like the first one you posted and they will stink too lol... the key is to let them dry out COMPLETELY before you wear them again.. also if they already stink put them in a bag with baking soda and shake it around and put it fridge overnight.. always works for me

Posted By: Jefe

Re: Best fishing shoe? - 05/31/12 07:34 PM

Or, you can put them in a freezer in a ziploc and the stick will go away too.
I have tarsal tunnel syndrome and PF....my feet always hurt. Without crocs, I couldn't fish- period. I don't care that they look ridiculous.

Posted By: jwinit

Re: Best fishing shoe? - 05/31/12 07:48 PM

adidas has a new shoe made for boats you might check out they are comparable to sperry top sider but they have a mesh upper i don't have a pair but I'm looking in to getting some myself heres a link their pretty sweet

http://www.adidas.com/us/product/outdoor-climacool-boat-lace-shoes/TD205?cid=V22307

Re: Best fishing shoe? - 05/31/12 07:48 PM

Originally Posted By: jsb91010
any kind of shoe can "hold an odor" if they don't dry out enough.. i work around water everyday and wear flip flops that reek, and also had shoes like the first one you posted and they will stink too lol... the key is to let them dry out COMPLETELY before you wear them again.. also if they already stink put them in a bag with baking soda and shake it around and put it fridge overnight.. always works for me

Good tip, will try that out tonight. I'll prob still go out and get a pair of crocs. They're really comfy. I like the Yukon Sport. $50 or so.

Re: Best fishing shoe? - 05/31/12 07:59 PM

Originally Posted By: jwinit
adidas has a new shoe made for boats you might check out they are comparable to sperry top sider but they have a mesh upper i don't have a pair but I'm looking in to getting some myself heres a link their pretty sweet

http://www.adidas.com/us/product/outdoor-climacool-boat-lace-shoes/TD205?cid=V22307

These are sweet but they look to nice to fish in. I'd be wary not to dirty/mess them up. Still nice looking shoe though.

Posted By: Caribou

Re: Best fishing shoe? - 05/31/12 11:22 PM

Sanuk flip flops. Insoles are made of recycled beer coozies. Incredibly comfy. Dry quickly, and when they do get wet, they dont slide around. On my second pair in 2 years, i may never buy another brand of flip flops.

Posted By: Chato

Re: Best fishing shoe? - 06/01/12 12:37 AM

I sell the Vibram Fivefinger and i love them for fishing. I like to go barefoot and the Vibs let me adjust my trolling motor knob very well and not feel the effects of hot carpet. The downside can't jump out of your boat before checking to see whats on the ground. I jumped on a rock.....ouch but they dry quick and you wash the stink out in the wash machine and let them air dry. I used the standard KSO. Try them.

Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: Best fishing shoe? - 06/01/12 01:05 AM

CROCS

Posted By: Nevercatch

Re: Best fishing shoe? - 06/01/12 11:03 AM

rope sandals from earth bound. I literally take them everywhere! The other day I was in a lake tomfoolin' around, and was worried they may have met their match in some mud, but no. A friend of mine has owned the same hand me down pair for the last 8 years, and they look exactly like my new pair. cleaning is easy, just toss them in the washing machine.

Posted By: Fishin Machine

Re: Best fishing shoe? - 06/01/12 11:15 AM

http://www.zekoshoes.com/

Posted By: Danny002

Re: Best fishing shoe? - 06/01/12 11:27 AM

Bare foot, drys quick, and don't stink. Just make sure you pick up all the hooks and other stuff.

Posted By: hasbeen48

Re: Best fishing shoe? - 06/01/12 11:33 AM

Columbia Drainmaker looks to be a pretty cool shoe. I tried some on and they are pretty comfortable.

http://www.columbia.com/mens-water-shoes/men-footwear-waterBoat,default,sc.html?prefn1=collection&prefv1=Drainmaker

Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Best fishing shoe? - 06/01/12 01:40 PM

Don't like tha sandies. I have two pair of Sims. One Mid high for late Fall to Spring and the lows for Summer.

http://www.simmsfishing.com/site/Riprap_shoe.html

Posted By: Bud B

Re: Best fishing shoe? - 06/02/12 03:17 AM

Teva sandals.

Posted By: Richard Meadors

Re: Best fishing shoe? - 06/03/12 09:22 AM

Neoprene wading shoes from Academy. Get the style without the drain holes. Dry, comfortable, easy zip on/off

Posted By: mdevine

Re: Best fishing shoe? - 06/25/12 06:31 PM

I just got a pair of the Columbia Drainmakers from Academy, based on all of the great reviews on their site. They're a little pricey but so far, I think they are worth the money. They dry very quickly and they're comfortable to hike with, if need be.

Posted By: River Mongrel

Re: Best fishing shoe? - 06/25/12 08:14 PM

Tevas

Posted By: Hattrck

Re: Best fishing shoe? - 06/25/12 08:20 PM

Originally Posted By: jwinit

Got a pair of these for fathers day. Best gift I got

Posted By: evolution44

Re: Best fishing shoe? - 06/25/12 08:26 PM

check out Columbia's Drainmaker or Powerdrain...great shoes, IMO -

Posted By: Cudadude

Re: Best fishing shoe? - 06/25/12 08:29 PM

That's some fancy shoes there, fishing in style..lol

Posted By: BBQFISH

Re: Best fishing shoe? - 06/25/12 09:25 PM

I guess I'm a redneck. Cheapest tennis shoe from waly world, Barefoot, or my redwings is how I roll. But You guys have given me some idears.

Posted By: TheGizzard

Re: Best fishing shoe? - 06/25/12 11:27 PM

I used to like keith and allen warren,not sure on the spelling of their names,back then.A pair of old tennis shoes,with the toes cut out.So their dogs can breath.I like bare foot my self.

Posted By: TexasBubba

Re: Best fishing shoe? - 06/26/12 12:58 AM

I was looking at the Drainmakers over the weekend. I'm very tempted...

Posted By: Captain_Carp

Re: Best fishing shoe? - 06/26/12 03:00 AM

http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/products/Five-Fingers-KSO-Mens.htm

Posted By: atxjess

Re: Best fishing shoe? - 06/26/12 03:07 AM

I agree with the fivefingers suggestion.

Posted By: Paul - Lake Fork

Re: Best fishing shoe? - 06/26/12 02:30 PM

KEEN Newport

Posted By: 9094

Re: Best fishing shoe? - 06/26/12 04:12 PM

Originally Posted By: et-tom
Keen.

+1

Posted By: TexasBubba

Re: Best fishing shoe? - 06/27/12 01:00 AM

I have multiple pairs of Keens and a pair of FiveFingers. If you aren't going to get in the water, then the Keens are great, but they let too many pebbles and too much mud in around your feet. The FiveFingers just don't have any support, but I still like 'em.

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum