Texas Fishing Forum

Who's wife is the best

Posted By: jbassman

Who's wife is the best - 01/13/06 08:01 PM

My wife is the best anyone could have,the night before a tourney,she makes coffee,pack's lunch meat and chips, puts a reminder on door not to forget,items in ref, wishes me good luck, help's me hook up the boat at 3am. usually will have supper ready when i get home. W thumb laugh ill have Cold beer iced down. 23 years together, Top That.
Posted By: mcsanders

Re: Who's wife is the best - 01/13/06 08:04 PM

Only thing that could top that is if she were co-angler and caught 2nd place after your 1st.

good post there jbassman. you got a keeper.
Posted By: Basscat 1

Re: Who's wife is the best - 01/13/06 08:05 PM

Three guys are drinking at the local bar.

The first one brags, "I married me a good woman from North Dakota.I told her that she was to do all the cleaning, cooking and laundry.

The first day we was married, she did the cleaning. The second day we was married, she was doing the cleaning and cooking.

By the third day we was married, she cooked, cleaned and had all the laundry done. She's been doing everything ever since! That's those good women from North Dakota."

The second guy brags, "I married me a good woman from Wisconsin. I told her that she was to do all the cleaning, cooking, laundry, yard work and keep me and my friends happy.

The first day I saw she could cook and clean.

The second day I saw she could cook, clean, do the laundry and take care of the lawn.

The third day I saw she cooked a five course meal, cleaned the house, did the laundry, weed wacked and edged the lawn, and she brought me and my friends beers! Thats those good women from Wisconsin."

The third guy remained silent for awhile and then spoke up, "I married me a woman from Minnesota.
I told her my home is my castle and I am the king and ruler and what I say goes!

The first day, I didn't see anything. The second day, I couldn't see anything either.

By the third day, the swelling was going down in my left eye and I could see out a little bit."
Posted By: ccabal

Re: Who's wife is the best - 01/13/06 08:06 PM

YEAH RIGHT! (in reply to first post)...

great story! LOL
Posted By: cd

Re: Who's wife is the best - 01/13/06 08:08 PM

my wife helps make sure i get up every morning when i am going fishin....when my alarm goes off she says "get the hell out of here".
Posted By: Barn

Re: Who's wife is the best - 01/13/06 08:11 PM

Something about chrome and a trailer hitch? laugh wink :p
Posted By: dcnitro

Re: Who's wife is the best - 01/13/06 08:13 PM

I dont have a wife yet but I will. So here in about 3 weeks you can ask me that question again.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Who's wife is the best - 01/13/06 08:14 PM

I don't know but that ZX225 in the garage from mine makes me think she is pretty good herself.... laugh
Posted By: DEETS

Re: Who's wife is the best - 01/13/06 08:17 PM

NOT MINE!!!!!
Posted By: Jeromy Walker

Re: Who's wife is the best - 01/13/06 08:20 PM

I don't have a wife BUT BUT WHEN I DO!
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Who's wife is the best - 01/13/06 08:22 PM

My wife sleeps in when I go fishing and I do my best not to disturb her. I make my own lunches and coffee and hook-up the boat myself. I eat on the way home and bring her a beer whenever she wants one. She bought me a Ranger 175DVS and a Nissan Titan. thumb
Posted By: buda13

Re: Who's wife is the best - 01/13/06 08:27 PM

jbassman, you got it made bro. I seem to find both extemes, one girl that hated fishing, one girl that would make my life hell if I didnt take her everytime I went fishing. I was doomed either way!!! Needless to say I am single now. smile
Posted By: K.D.

Re: Who's wife is the best - 01/13/06 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by buda13:
Needless to say I am single now, but I got real soft hands smile
bolt
Posted By: GWB70

Re: Who's wife is the best - 01/13/06 08:45 PM

i left to go fishing in the rain and wind, my wife said i was crazy for leaving but let me leave and wishd me well....on second thought i decided it was to extreme so i went back and climbed in bed....my wife then leaned overed and said can you believe my husbands go fishing in that weather....wth

Re: Who's wife is the best - 01/13/06 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Denham:
Quote:
Originally posted by buda13:
[b] Needless to say I am single now, but I got real soft hands smile
bolt [/b]
Ahhhhhh, the imfamous KD has shown himself!! I see ya Kelly, and I dont have a darn thing to fire back at ya with! Hey I have an idea, why dont you come to the BBFT tommorow and I'll demonstrate proper mouisturization techniques.
Posted By: ristorap

Re: Who's wife is the best - 01/13/06 09:09 PM

jbassman, don't knnow if i can top that but i've been waiting for someone to bring it up..been dating my wife about two weeks when i told her i was taking a sat. off to go fishing at rayburn(yes, she knew about my addiction). well, she decides she is going with me. we get to the ramp and since it is spring the line is 4 deep and 3 across. i get the boat ready and start to jump in the truck..she says in a voice loud enough for all to hear that SHE wants to back the boat in. you could have heard a pin drop. i had a BUNCH of good ole boys staring at me with that "don't you dare let her look". well she insisted so i jumped in the boat. she whipped that truck between two other rigs with only inches to spare on either side....as she pulled the truck out i heard two guys say that if i wasn't married to her i needed to be!! one actually applauded!afet she found me (it was still dark) i found out that her dad had a trucking biz when she was younger and she drove a big rig for a year!!! i still got her and she NEVER gives me grief about my habit! cheers
Posted By: Hawke

Re: Who's wife is the best - 01/13/06 10:15 PM

Well My wife fishes tourney's with me so we get everything ready together.She also manages to catch nice keepers and has one a couple big bass pots smile . She can back the trailer she can drive the boat and she can tie her own lures smile

She also realized if you can't beat them join them and almost matches me and chrisb beer for beer now smile

she can talk smack with the best of them to boot smile

Re: Who's wife is the best - 01/13/06 10:16 PM

Somehow I knew yu would chime in on this subject. You are right Hawke, you have the best!
Posted By: TBassYates

Re: Who's wife is the best - 01/13/06 10:17 PM

Barn,
I think you are still way ahead in this poll. banana
Posted By: Skeeter G

Re: Who's wife is the best - 01/13/06 10:55 PM

well mine has paid for all my boats banana let me retire at 57 banana cheers cheers
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Who's wife is the best - 01/13/06 11:02 PM

cd......that was good! rolfmao rolfmao rolfmao rolfmao rolfmao rolfmao
Posted By: jvon

Re: Who's wife is the best - 01/13/06 11:05 PM

MY wife fishes everything with me, she is ready 24/7 and is a better fisherman than most men I have fished with. The only problem is you cant take her to Cabellas or Bass Pro , Not because she wont let me buy anything, But she wants 1 of everything I buy, plus her own shopping cart full!!!
Posted By: Robert Brown

Re: Who's wife is the best - 01/13/06 11:06 PM

My wife's the best...she opened up her piggy bank to pay my $1000 entry fee into the four BASS Weekend series tournaments.
Posted By: Shayne Ward

Re: Who's wife is the best - 01/13/06 11:21 PM

Well I have to say that I have a darn good one too. She had me a bass pro shops cake made for the wedding and then we went to fork for a week on are honey moon. Fished a day with Jason Hoffman.The only problem is that she caught the biggest fish while we were there.(8lbs)So thats two reasons why I WILL NEVER FORGET THAT HONEYMOON.
Posted By: udamdan

Re: Who's wife is the best - 01/13/06 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by dcnitro:
I dont have a wife yet but I will. So here in about 3 weeks you can ask me that question again.
Congrads Scooter, gonna tie the knot ! Awesome banana
Posted By: udamdan

Re: Who's wife is the best - 01/13/06 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skeeter G:
well mine has paid for all my boats banana let me retire at 57 banana cheers cheers
That is hard to beat Garry ! Way to go Bro as we miss you at work !
Posted By: JazzHarmonicat

Re: Who's wife is the best - 01/13/06 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Barn:
Something about chrome and a trailer hitch? laugh wink :p
a la Tom Waite, right?
Posted By: SpinnerBaker

Re: Who's wife is the best - 01/13/06 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by GWB70:
i left to go fishing in the rain and wind, my wife said i was crazy for leaving but let me leave and wishd me well....on second thought i decided it was to extreme so i went back and climbed in bed....my wife then leaned overed and said can you believe my husbands go fishing in that weather....wth
That is just too funny! I always call my wife before I come home unexpectedly early from fishing just in case, well, just in case.....
Posted By: N2FSHN

Re: Who's wife is the best - 01/14/06 12:26 AM

I've been married for 17 years to a good woman that actually likes to fish (usually outcatches me), and doesn't complain when I leave at 5am on Saturday and don't come home till dark. She's been real patient with me over the years, but there's been a couple of recent spending spree's at CABA lately she doesn't know about, so I'm not pushing it!!!
Posted By: TerryWilliams

Re: Who's wife is the best - 01/14/06 01:54 AM

Typically mine will have a cold beer waiting when we pull in the drive, then take care of the unhooking and put the cover back on the boat. After that, since I fish on saturdays and it's "saturday night" when I get home, she will always have 3 or 4 of her stripper friends over and they all want to give the boat a wipe down in bikins...then, we go inside and play "games" until the wee hours of the morning, sometime sunday they all go home....

Wait.....what?....I need to wake up...haha
Posted By: Fayde

Re: Who's wife is the best - 01/14/06 02:12 AM

So, Hawke acuses me of "hijacking the mens post", but I do want to give a big HELL YEAH to the ladies that make you all so happy. Keep them happy too boys. wink

popcorn
Posted By: water_surge

Re: Who's wife is the best - 01/19/06 07:53 PM

Dang, you boys have it made. I have been married to my wife for going on 7 years and she just found out this last year that I have a fishing habit. When we first got married I was so busy with work and school that she just didn't know, then I moved to Kansas. Well need I say more, thats why there are so many farmers out there, aint nothing else to do. Then on Nov. 27, 2004 I moved to DFW, and the fisherman in me went hog wild. Anyway, she no longer rolls her eyes at me when I say I am going fishing, and just the other day she said she wanted to learn how to back up the trailer. But other than that she sure is a good woman to me and an awesome mother to our 7 children (yeah u know what we've been doing woot )
Posted By: Kewlit

Re: Who's wife is the best - 01/19/06 08:10 PM

My ex-wife sold my 1991 Ranger bass boat in 1995 for 1500 bucks to my ex-best friend. Hence my tag line.
My girlfriend now understands my fishing addiction and she is fine with it when she gets to go. The boat will be fixed soon and i might let her drive.....prolly not.... since she ran over me with a waveblaster. Of course i might be safer in the same boat.
Posted By: BMCD

Re: Who's wife is the best - 01/19/06 08:12 PM

My wife.

1. She back up the trailer better than most.
2. Early AM she gets out of bed just to help me hook up and go.
3. She and my kids have washed the boat a couple of times before trips.
4. In hard times rather than get rid of the boat she has suggested cutting back on groceries
5. She has caught the winning fish in a team tournament.
Posted By: meangreen

Re: Who's wife is the best - 01/19/06 08:45 PM

Not trying to offend anyone, but I would be a little bit worried if my wife was doing everything possible to help me out the door.

Anytime you hear your wife say "fish as late as you want honey, but please call me when you are leaving the boat ramp so I know you got off the water safely".

Yeah right, you mean so you can make sure the jerk is out of my house before I get home. I know whats going on.

Just Joking!!! It looks like a lot of y'all have some mighty fine wifes. My ain't to bad herself (sometimes). LOL
Posted By: Bass_Bustin_Texan

Re: Who's wife is the best - 01/19/06 09:17 PM

Not married yet, but I got one in training!!

I hope she doesn't see that...oopps!
Posted By: Stacy Kennemur

Re: Who's wife is the best - 01/19/06 09:42 PM

for the last few years my wife said she will find a hobby that will equal my fishing and she did scrapbooking. i cant see spending that kind of money on paper, glue and other equip. Wow! I sound like my wife did a few years ago. she has always backed me with my fishing and with 2 young boys I will always have a reason to go fishing to give her a break.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Who's wife is the best - 01/19/06 09:52 PM

You guys got some mighty fine brides. Me too, but when it comes to fishin every weekend she says, "Don't even ask" or "Why did you want these kids in the first place" or something to that matter. I love her to death, and most weekends are spent w/ family, (I coach baseball and basketball) but if it weren't for having a job that I can sneak out and go fishin during the week about anytime.....I think I would be hangin out in some insane asylum!
Could this addiction be worse than booze and drugs combined? who_knows
Posted By: jagoin

Re: Who's wife is the best - 01/19/06 10:29 PM

All of you guys who have such wonderfull wives should really count your blessings!!! Or you could go this route: had a wife for 16 years who wanted nothing to do with fishing! Did not even care when I brought home a second and fourth place check from Bass Champs. Then to top it all off I won South Texas B.A.S.S. Federation Angler of the Year and qualified for the Divisonal Championship in Oklahoma and she did not even bat an eye. She left at the end of November because she was tired of being second fiddle to a fish (her words). The darndest thing is I do not even miss her, imagine that :-) !!!!! woot woot woot woot
Posted By: tom pittmon

Re: Who's wife is the best - 01/19/06 10:48 PM

Mine's pretty good, she wants nothing to do with my boat, and doesn't say a word when I go fishing.
Posted By: intexlarry

Re: Who's wife is the best - 01/20/06 02:03 AM

I can't say that my wife is the best there is but she sure got me lots of envy when she calls me on the 2-way and tells me breakfast is ready while I'm around several boats on Callender Lake. She always says to hurry in as she is taking the biscuits out of the oven and the gravy is thick and the eggs and ham are hot and ready. Thats got to be one of the best trips to the house while the others are left sitting in their boat wanting.
Posted By: erwin1958

Re: Who's wife is the best - 01/21/06 01:27 AM

I keep a waitin for the feller that says the women fight over him to say his is the best cause she swings both ways. banana
Posted By: David Lee

Re: Who's wife is the best - 01/21/06 03:58 AM

Varners wife is pretty cool. She makes sandwiches for everyone in his boat. thumb
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: Who's wife is the best - 02/12/08 10:07 PM

This is an OLD post, but I loved it... Time for an update on the status quo... at 2+ years , how many are even married to the same Woman???

Mine's got better at weigh-in, hers and the fish... hehehehehe !!!!!
Posted By: FattyMcButterpants

Re: Who's wife is the best - 02/12/08 10:31 PM

mine is great. She let me buy my own pond. And she doesnt mind if I go fishing and hunting. She is Pretty darn easy on the eyes too!!
Posted By: SteveHummert

Re: Who's wife is the best - 02/12/08 10:36 PM

I have been married to the same woman for 27+ years and have to say she is one of the best fishing partners I have ever had. Never once complained about it being too hot, too cold or asked me to let her out of the boat. We fished tournaments together for several years and really enjoyed it. Whe she got tired of fishing, she would take a nap or read a book. She doesn't fish with me as much anymore but still enjoys getting out from time to time. Never has a word to say about the number of rods and reels or tackle that I have. I can truly say I have been blessed with a wonderful wife and true life partner.
Posted By: Kat-man-do

Re: Who's wife is the best - 02/13/08 12:16 AM

My wife doesn't care much for fishing but I go as often as I can, she doesn't mind. Her family fished so much growing up that she got really burned out on it. I know, sounds like pure hell, having to fish all the time.
Posted By: jwatts77

Re: Who's wife is the best - 02/13/08 01:56 AM

Originally Posted By: steve hummert
I have been married to the same woman for 27+ years and have to say she is one of the best fishing partners I have ever had. Never once complained about it being too hot, too cold or asked me to let her out of the boat. We fished tournaments together for several years and really enjoyed it. Whe she got tired of fishing, she would take a nap or read a book. She doesn't fish with me as much anymore but still enjoys getting out from time to time. Never has a word to say about the number of rods and reels or tackle that I have. I can truly say I have been blessed with a wonderful wife and true life partner.

I'll second this quote with... I've been married for 26 years, we went fishing in Colorado on our honeymoon. Started bass fishing together on Lake Amistad, bought our first bass boat in South Carolina, bought our first Ranger in Abilene, won two CAST Classics, and watched her win a B.A.S.S. Federation Open Tournament on Hubbard Creek as the only woman in the tournament!!! You should have seen the faces on those guys when all 115 lbs of fisher-woman stepped up to collect that fat check, trophies, and sponsored prizes. IT WAS PRICELESS!! Now she helps me run a bass fishing organization!!! Enough Said!!!
Posted By: big_country1488

Re: Who's wife is the best - 02/13/08 02:27 AM

yall are lucky, im only 17 so i aint gonna have a wife for yrs, but ex-girlfriend i broke up with a month ago loved huntin and fishin, went with me, made sure i was up early every time, food ready and all that good stuff, then she quit goin as much, my fishin trips alone became her f@#$%^g trips while i was out
Posted By: JustWingem

Re: Who's wife is the best - 02/13/08 02:52 AM

Stay at home dad for the last 10 years. Get to live on lake Fork. Fishing and hunting with my buds. She is out of town 1/2 the week.
Posted By: BassProJD

Re: Who's wife is the best - 02/13/08 04:13 AM

dont ever wanna get married! JBassMan stole my wife from all of us! aint no one ever gonna meet a lady like that!
Posted By: Bob Smith

Re: Who's wife is the best - 02/13/08 11:24 AM

Billy, how long did it take you to dig this one up? And what made you think about this one? LOL cheers
Getting a little melancholy in your old age? banana
25 years for me, She still doesn't get out of bed, but does manage to yell, "I hope ya win!, right after I love you and be careful!".
thumb
Posted By: bassman1

Re: Who's wife is the best - 02/13/08 12:15 PM

My wife is great...We have an agreement. I don't lie about what I spend fishing and she matches it shopping...Been together 19 years...
Posted By: Bigcat2

Re: Who's wife is the best - 02/13/08 01:54 PM

My wife....

We camped the 2nd night after our wedding. She started off fishing a lot with me until we had our second kid.

She still bakes at least two different kinds of cookies and packs snacks and drinks for everyone who fishes with me.

Once she even went down to Port A and camped on the North jetty with me so I could shark fish. That was hard core. Nothing better than having lines in the water and doing something else at the same time smile

She lets me go pretty much whenever I want, all most never complains. I get way more kitchen passes than my buds get. Thats why I have 2-3 fishing partners LOL.

The only thing she will not do is clean game. I can not really bame her. I would not clean something someone else caught either LOL. She did catch and clean a few fish on her own before though.
Posted By: C-Man

Re: Who's wife is the best - 02/13/08 02:07 PM

Originally Posted By: ccabal
YEAH RIGHT! (in reply to first post)...

great story! LOL

Hay it true...she dose the same thing for me.. grin

My wife lets me go fishing as long as I don't wake her on my way out.
Posted By: Dr. Chase

Re: Who's wife is the best - 02/13/08 02:09 PM

my ex wife is a POS. dont know if that counts or not smile
Posted By: cd

Re: Who's wife is the best - 02/13/08 02:13 PM

I still have mine and about a year ago she bought me a brand new Ranger Z21 w/ 250 HPDI that sees a lake twice a week.
Posted By: C-Man

Re: Who's wife is the best - 02/13/08 02:16 PM

Originally Posted By: cd
I still have mine and about a year ago she bought me a brand new Ranger Z21 w/ 250 HPDI that sees a lake twice a week.

We have a winner. banana
Posted By: Fuzzy

Re: Who's wife is the best - 02/13/08 02:29 PM

Congrats --- looks liek a lot of great wives.

We have been married for 23 years too and she gets up in the morning to fix breakfast and the cooler, helps hook-up the boat and I am gone by 3:00, just like you.

When I get home we park the boat in the back yard. I fillet the fish and she cleans/bags them for the freezer as I am eating dinner that she made. I have a 22' center console and get it really bloody and muddy from catching bait and stripers/hybrids during the tourneys...the next day she washes all the blood and mud out of the boat on her own without me asking. You could eat off the decks it is so clean.

God Blessed me...when he gave me to her!!!!
Posted By: ZeroHour

Re: Who's wife is the best - 02/13/08 07:56 PM

Bought 3 boats in less than 2 years till i found one I liked...She told me to get all 3. She lets me fish the STQT at Amistad and encouraged me to take my own boat to Idaho to prefish divisionals eventhough I am a nonboater...That way I am assured my spots and information are properly assessed for the tournament.

I broke 5 flippin sticks in 2 years I bought a 2500$ lot of lures 2 weeks ago and she said get the right flippin stick because she knows I use them a ton and wants me to have good working equip for the STQT.

She has my shoppping list for food and all the items I need for the week are already in the fridge ready to leave with me.

She also keeps the house clean and washes my clothes..

I win I have the best wife in the world.

Oh ya she let me buy a new truck and 2 snowmobiles this past year too...I bought 4 sleds to sell that I made money on too...

Oh and did I mention she is HOT?? 5'3" 116lbs and a smoking hot face and bod...

Posted By: Fishn_man

Re: Who's wife is the best - 02/13/08 08:17 PM

I think it takes a good woman to put up with guys who are ate up with fishing. I have been married for 20 years to my wife and she just knows my addiction and puts up with it. No, she does not make my lunch, and no she does not make my coffee, and no she does not get out of bed at 3am to help me hook up the boat and no she is not waiting in the driveway with a beer when I get home. But she keeps my house clean, she takes good care of my kids and she does not complain when I tell her I am going to the lake and she saves money so I can continue to enjoy my hobby.

I will take this over what many guys put up with, i.e., having to get a kitchen pass everytime they want to go to the lake.
Posted By: psg2628

Re: Who's wife is the best - 02/13/08 08:50 PM

I have the BEST wife!!! She not only supports my fishing, she has followed me to the grocery store and gone in to buy me groceries so that I didn’t have to leave the boat unattended in the parking lot. She fishes with me as much as she can. She hunts with me too. She even picked out the first deer that I ever shot. She found my first boat and even took the day off work so that she could go with me to get it in Houston. She has been helping me to rebuild a 21 year old pontoon boat so that I can take more of my friends fishing. Therefore, MINE IS THE BEST!!!!!
Posted By: Delvec

Re: Who's wife is the best - 02/13/08 09:11 PM

I hate to brag but here goes:

I fish 125 days a year which she encourges me to do.
I have a 03 203 Champion w/225 Mercury which she says can be replaced next year.
New Ford 250 Truck.
Nothing but Gloomis rods & Shimano reels.
Let me put $2000.00 worth of new electronics on boat last year.
Ask me to fish a couples trail so she can fish a trail with me.
She is building a nice new house with a 30' garage to store the boat cause the last Three car garage was a little tight to get into.
She drives a semi for UPS 50+ hours a week. (Pays very well).
And also sells real estate on the side to make extra money, to afford all the goodies.
Sorry guys but she is taken.

Pat

Posted By: bullwinkle

Re: Who's wife is the best - 02/13/08 09:28 PM

I'm right there with you guys ... I think mine is the best too!
Everyone of us who loves to fish and have wives who either put up with us or go with us on each trip (like mine does - we fish the C.A.S.T. Metroplex)should think ours is the best.
Takes a special woman to love men like us. I'm very blessed and also very spoiled.
Almost forgot, she's great with a crankbait; never misses with the net (although I was "net boy" most of last year)and she's not bad at backing the trailer...think I'll keep her.
Posted By: Big Red 12

Re: Who's wife is the best - 02/13/08 10:43 PM

My wife may not be the best, but darn near it. She use to fish C.A.S.T. with me. She is very understanding of what I am trying to do and what I have to do in the Fishing world with my Sponsors. It is not a problem if a Tackle Show comes up at the last minute for me to go to Anywhere, America. The same with my tournaments. She supports and Loves me in spite of myself. Through victories and failures, she is my biggest supporter.
Posted By: SportFisher63

Re: Who's wife is the best - 02/14/08 12:32 AM

Went to the SA Boat Show and on the way, I jokingly told my wife "we're just looking, not going to buy anything". Looked around for awhile and started looking at the FunDecks with the fishing deck. Wife say, "I think we ought to get one of these"....Hurricane FunDeck 226 FER should be delivered in about 4 weeks! Will be pulled by the FX4 I bought to fish Padre Island National Seashore. Definately no complaints here.

SportFisher

Posted By: USA-1

Re: Who's wife is the best - 02/14/08 12:37 AM

Mine...does ahhhh, absolutely nothing to help me except lock the door after I leave. It surcks to be me at my house!

And by the way, all you guys that have it good well _____ _____!!! grin
Posted By: joebass2

Re: Who's wife is the best - 02/14/08 12:58 AM

You guys married to your wife..... or your mother? Geez
Posted By: UJC

Re: Who's wife is the best - 02/14/08 01:10 AM

My wife is TOP SHELF - 35 years and counting. Enough said.
Posted By: CB327

Re: Who's wife is the best - 02/14/08 01:25 AM

I've got the best wife. 26yrs+. Everyday Routine. Breakfast in bed if I want it. Hurt her feelings when I told her I was not a breakfast person early in marriage! Wakes me up with bath water run to perfect temp. Has clothes laid out for the day depending on what I am doing for the day. Takes care of me like a king. Best friend I have ever had. She can outfish, outhunt, outclean game better than any man. Great mother and grandmother. NO YOU CANT HAVE HER< SHE IS MINE!!!!!! She can have anything I have no questions asked.
Posted By: Catfish_Hunter

Re: Who's wife is the best - 02/14/08 02:59 AM

Mine is the best:
She doesn't care if I go fishing alone, with my buds, or if I take her...i.e. she likes to go but doesn't mind if I don't take her. She baits her own hook (even punchbait) and rigs her own lines. She helps clean fish, and then we trade off who puts 'em in the freezer and who cleans up. We don't buy christmas or birthday gifts for each other, we just go shopping @ Cabela's or Bass Pro and each of us picks out the stuff we want b/c we're gonna get a new rod and reel or a boatload of new lures anyways. She's a crackshot and loves to hunt...and even guts her own critters. She even has her own boat.

Now...if someone can just put me in touch with her...she WILL be my wife. :p
Posted By: Rick Paradis

Re: Who's wife is the best - 02/14/08 03:24 AM

Well like everyone else on here, I think I have the best wife, she doesnt give me grief about fishing, we have seperate hobbies, she scrapbooks, I fish. She only has a couple of requirements, that a couple of times during the summer, I take her to the lake so she can lay on the back of the boat and get some sun. I can honestly say I dont mind this to much, considering she looks great in a two piece, plus she smells better then my fishing buddies.

She will get up in the mornings and see my off and howler something like dont hook yourself, or dont stump your boat, you know something short and sweet. She always goes to the store for me and get the food needed for trips, and packs the cooler for me.

She listens to all my fishing stories and all the reasons, why I needed to spend 350.00 on a new reel. She laughs and thinks it funny.

We dont have any kids, make great money and travel all over the U.S working.
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Who's wife is the best - 02/14/08 01:38 PM

1 year and 2 months.... Mine is in "training" right now.. Heres our first tourney from last saturday.... she had a blast, without even getting a fish in the boat. She is ready to go again, she says. (she did mention she would never fish in the conditions we will have this weekend.. smile ) Dont blame her- took me YEARS to figure out how to handle the inclement weather.

we are getting off to a good start- she says to fish when I need to, as I have explained to her the fundamentals of prefishing and earning/wasting entry fees.

Posted By: byodoc

Re: Who's wife is the best - 02/14/08 01:43 PM

I could not have any better wife, she works, I can hunt and fish any day of the week. We have a pond in the front yard, live 10 minutes from boat ramp. She dosen't say anything about what I spend on hunting and fishing. She even picked out the ranch we purchased cause it had two nice tanks on it and lots of game. I MARRIED UP when I got her.

Re: Who's wife is the best - 02/14/08 01:55 PM

Originally Posted By: -SkeeterRonnie-
1 year and 2 months.... Mine is in "training" right now.. Heres our first tourney from last saturday.... she had a blast, without even getting a fish in the boat. She is ready to go again, she says. (she did mention she would never fish in the conditions we will have this weekend.. smile ) Dont blame her- took me YEARS to figure out how to handle the inclement weather.

we are getting off to a good start- she says to fish when I need to, as I have explained to her the fundamentals of prefishing and earning/wasting entry fees.

Very Attractive young Lady Ronnie, you did good.. Congrats on a very nice limit too.

Billy
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Who's wife is the best - 02/14/08 02:10 PM

wasnt too bad... coulda been better. coulda used one of those "brant specials"... 8.29 lb bass. smile

she hooked into a monster first thing in the morning, and didnt set the hook frown It left a tail wash in a 2' diameter circle.... it was a large! she woke up sunday morning dreaming about setting the hook on it.. smile Gawd I love her!

Re: Who's wife is the best - 02/14/08 02:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Bob Smith
Billy, how long did it take you to dig this one up? And what made you think about this one? LOL cheers
Getting a little melancholy in your old age? banana
25 years for me, She still doesn't get out of bed, but does manage to yell, "I hope ya win!, right after I love you and be careful!".
thumb

OLD AGE... Holy Moly.. SHHHH... don't remind me.
It was getting close to Valentines day, I got a little sentimental... eeks

I was looking at some old post and remembered this one, and ???
I bumped it up again, I guess I'm not the only lucky man
with a wife that tolerates my passion for this sport.

Finding a woman that'll either go with you, or support you in
pursuing a life time of fishing or hunting is a blessing we all should acknowledge. It is as a whole, rather rare..

We're some lucky guys indeed..

Billy

Posted By: NateDogg

Re: Who's wife is the best - 02/14/08 04:18 PM

Well mine is excited about fishing as soon as I get the motor fixed and finish my remodel of my jon boat into a bass jon. She's giving me the money and wants to go with me when its done! She has been sending me emails of "purdy" pink reels she wants to use (I explained that color of the rod and reel don't matter, but she's stuck on them) all day. She doesn't complain when I go hunting, she's glad to get rid of me for the weekend. She won't eat anything I catch or shoot, but she lets me have my own fridge/freezer full of beer and game in the "man's room" she let me build (tv, comfy chairs and couch, beer fridge, room painted with Cowboys colors). I love her to death, and this May will be 5 years God has blessed me with her hand in marriage. I'm one lucky SOB in my opinion...
Posted By: OzzieFish

Re: Who's wife is the best - 02/14/08 04:35 PM

My Wife Michele is the greatest...she hold's ladies big bass in the Irving Bass Club with an 8.67lbs she has won lady Angler Of the Year, sportswomen of the year, big bass for ladies twice and last year we finished in 14 place as a team in Media Bass at Fork. She loves to fish most of the time but she just isn’t ate up like me. I thank God for her everyday!! Now we just have to figure out how to beat Billy & Kay smile
Posted By: TBassYates

Re: Who's wife is the best - 02/14/08 05:35 PM

I have known my better half for over 20 years but we have only been together for the last two years. You see she is my brothers wife's sister. So she already knew about me and my brothers passion and had even been out to some of our club's weigh ins. Our first actual date where I went to pick her up from her house was to the Tackle show in Mesquite. She knew I fished but it seemed like I was stopping every 10 minuites to talk to someone I knew and she found out pretty quickly that fishing wasn't just something some people do but rather a lifestyle that involved friendships with people with the same passion. I knew she loved the outdoors and even though we haven't fished tournaments together she loves going out with me when I practice for a tournament or fun fish. The only problem is that when we go fun fishing I still seem to fish hard like I am always practicing and she thinks that is funny. She can fish from the back of the boat and really catch fish. Texas and Carolina rigs are her best techniques. Her favorite weekend getaway is to go stay at Ragan's. She has even gone with me on tournament day and wish me good luck when I take off from the state park and she would spend all day hiking, hunting rocks or plant seeds and then be there when I get back in for weigh in. Then we head back to go through Mrs Ragans garden to pick a few things to go with our steaks on the grill and a cold beverage for a cookout. She has a love for the outdoors, wildlife and nature so she has an understanding of my passion which is all you can ask for.
Posted By: jugmaster

Re: Who's wife is the best - 02/14/08 07:10 PM

My wife bought me a boat for Fathers Day. I havent seen her since. LOL.
The first part is true.
Posted By: Dugie

Re: Who's wife is the best - 02/15/08 01:56 AM

mine let me go fishing on valentines day....
Posted By: AnglerMoore

Re: Who's wife is the best - 02/15/08 04:48 PM

My wife is the best!!!! And here's why!!!!

She HATED fishing a year ago!!!!!
Posted By: ChampionDon (SkeeterDon)

Re: Who's wife is the best - 02/15/08 07:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Dugie
mine let me go fishing on valentines day....

Have you wondered why?
Posted By: lunker777

Re: Who's wife is the best - 02/15/08 10:24 PM

My wife is my co-angler in 2 of the divisions and usually puts more fish in the boat than I do, plus she makes more money to make the payments on that new TRITON. God bless her........ I really luv that boat.
Posted By: Dugie

Re: Who's wife is the best - 02/16/08 04:12 AM

if she wasn't 7 months pregnant I might worry, really we had our valentine's "date" Monday night we had the baby sitter for that night...
Posted By: gr362

Re: Who's wife is the best - 02/16/08 07:18 AM

Mine is the best!!! I looked for a new boat for 2 months, when I finally narrowed it down I was hesitant and would not go ahead with the deal. She went around me, ordered the rig with a bunch of extra's (hot foot, GPS, lighted comp., pro air live wells, upgraded trolling motor, keel guard, custom trailer, blinker trim, on and on), then suprised me with it the next week!! Plus she is my co-angler and my best friend.
Posted By: Scott Gordon

Re: Who's wife is the best - 02/17/08 01:29 AM

I have to admit that I am pretty lucky with my wife. My wife grew up with a rod-and-reel in her hands and she competes on the WBT Tour. So, I get all the perks that come with major sponsorship and loads of tackle and baits. It's just a pain in the behind when she puts a whipping on me on the water and I have to hear from everyone that I got beat by a girl!
Posted By: kingfish_1970

Re: Who's wife is the best - 02/17/08 10:49 AM

Mine is the ABSOLUTE WORST on this forun GUARUNTEED!Now read this...Last year,my fishing consisted of one day in June.Half day in August,I think.And one day in November.SHE TOLD THAT I FISH TOO MUCH!Now mind you that I work two jobs,18 hours a day on average,and have very little time off.When I am off,I spend my time with the family,and only fish when someone invites me.She gets pi$$ed when I do go fishing and says that she wishes that I'd spend as much time planning family outings as I do planning my fishing trips.Now if you can beat that.I feel for you.
Posted By: bassfreak

Re: Who's wife is the best - 02/17/08 11:29 AM

Originally Posted By: kingfish_1970
Mine is the ABSOLUTE WORST on this forun GUARUNTEED!Now read this...Last year,my fishing consisted of one day in June.Half day in August,I think.And one day in November.SHE TOLD THAT I FISH TOO MUCH!Now mind you that I work two jobs,18 hours a day on average,and have very little time off.When I am off,I spend my time with the family,and only fish when someone invites me.She gets pi$$ed when I do go fishing and says that she wishes that I'd spend as much time planning family outings as I do planning my fishing trips.Now if you can beat that.I feel for you.

Sounds like my EX-wife.

Posted By: Oldgringo

Re: Who's wife is the best - 02/23/08 02:04 AM

Did you kill those fish? violin
Posted By: BridgeportGuide

Re: Who's wife is the best - 02/23/08 12:36 PM

I got pretty lucky too. My wife has adjusted to being a Guides' wife pretty well. She puts up with me moping about January ..'No trips" to crying about April..."I so tired from too many trips". I too get "the elbow" in the morning but she is top notch in every way.

Keith
www.lakebridgeportguideservice.com

Posted By: lite-liner

Re: Who's wife is the best - 02/23/08 12:37 PM

I'm not dead, so mine must be the best
-B
Posted By: BridgeportGuide

Re: Who's wife is the best - 02/23/08 12:38 PM

Wifey is 42....Yes, I am playing out of my league!

Keith
Posted By: THE_COACH

Re: Who's wife is the best - 02/24/08 10:51 PM

I am pretty proud of mine.

She was kind of girly when we met. But since the kids she is up for anything

She fishes with us in canoes or kayaks, baits hooks with worms, takes fish off, and cleans em too.

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum