Texas Fishing Forum

amistad record

Posted By: Beak47

amistad record - 03/09/24 03:27 PM

TMD may add to this. Amistad set a record at 66 feet low. We fished it at 50 low a lot but nothing like it is now. The water in San Pedro is 1.5 miles west of the 277 Bridge! Dang!
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: amistad record - 03/09/24 11:26 PM

Haven’t been down there in a months but last time I drove over the overpass on 277 there was more dry land then I’ve ever seen. Interesting thing is it seems to be fishing pretty good from some of the tournament weights in the last few weeks. Bigger bags then what has been coming out of there in the last few years.
Posted By: Topwater2

Re: amistad record - 03/10/24 12:59 AM

FYI Besides the water Amistad is losing now, it will be lowered 10 feet in April so they can work on the dam.
Posted By: gar1970

Re: amistad record - 03/10/24 02:29 AM

So many new rock islands showing up now. Some just under the surface , hungry for lowerunits OMG be careful out there
Posted By: Beak47

Re: amistad record - 03/10/24 11:53 AM

I took a lower unit off years ago when the lake was 48 feet low! So…….
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: amistad record - 03/11/24 02:47 AM

Originally Posted by gar1970
So many new rock islands showing up now. Some just under the surface , hungry for lowerunits OMG be careful out there

No different than when the water level was 20' higher.
Posted By: gar1970

Re: amistad record - 03/11/24 03:29 AM

Originally Posted by tmd11111
Originally Posted by gar1970

No different than when the water level was 20' higher.

Alot different, even more rocks just under the surface with the water falling so fast! I was there today and it was a huge difference from just 3 weeks ago when I was there last
Posted By: NoWeighers

Re: amistad record - 03/11/24 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by tmd11111
Haven’t been down there in a months but last time I drove over the overpass on 277 there was more dry land then I’ve ever seen. Interesting thing is it seems to be fishing pretty good from some of the tournament weights in the last few weeks. Bigger bags then what has been coming out of there in the last few years.

Where did you hear that?

Thanks!
Posted By: 6BOOMER

Re: amistad record - 03/11/24 06:54 PM

There is no water under the 277 bridge. Decent stringers top couple teams have been produced past couple tournaments.
Posted By: NoWeighers

Re: amistad record - 03/11/24 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by Topwater2
FYI Besides the water Amistad is losing now, it will be lowered 10 feet in April so they can work on the dam.

OOPS! I mean where did you hear that?

Fat fingered it!
Posted By: 6BOOMER

Re: amistad record - 03/11/24 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by NoWeighers
Originally Posted by Topwater2

OOPS! I mean where did you hear that?

Fat fingered it!

All good, we also heard the same thing about April lowering another 10ft. Not to work on dam but to place cement retainer blocks infront of dam with a some type of floatation device to keep people away. Somewhat near Falcon has infront of that dam. For the sinkholes there out of water the MX officials say they will keep placing stone on them and concrete that in.
Posted By: Stu

Re: amistad record - 03/11/24 09:16 PM

https://myrgv.com/featured/2022/11/19/ibwc-unveils-plan-to-shore-up-at-risk-amistad-dam/
Posted By: driedmeat

Re: amistad record - 03/12/24 03:43 PM

Thanks for posting that link Stu. Sounds like the dam is in pretty bad shape and they have a lot of work to do. Guess it will be a long time before they let it fill any.
Posted By: fishnfireman

Re: amistad record - 03/12/24 07:47 PM

From what I've been hearing it sounds like they're going to get started with phase one. Barring a hurricane or something to dump a LOT of water.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum