Texas Fishing Forum

Lost in the Fishing Line Twilight Zone

Posted By: Lowly Net Boy

Lost in the Fishing Line Twilight Zone - 10/22/23 02:25 PM

Pretty much have tried every line known to man except kite string, not a big fan of mono, but it does have it uses, Fluorocarbon, ok I guess, but too expensive for my taste, Braid, well its Braid, I still use Power Pro some.
I'm a big fan of Copolymer, back when I could get Silver Thread it was great, so here's the question, is there a good copolymer line that comes in 12,15,17,20 lb test and is pretty similar to Silver Thread AN 40. Thanks Guys
Posted By: basscaster46

Re: Lost in the Fishing Line Twilight Zone - 10/22/23 04:49 PM

I use McCoys co polymer for just about everything it works limp and not expensive.
Floro is too much hassle and expensive. Braid for frogs but this summer used 20 big game on a crankinstick mh 7 ft
Did just fine . Couldn’t believe it myself.
Posted By: Jiggy wid it

Re: Lost in the Fishing Line Twilight Zone - 10/22/23 05:14 PM

I have been using Yozuri copolymer for quite a while. I really like it. I bought some McCoys a while back and liked it also.
Posted By: Vogey

Re: Lost in the Fishing Line Twilight Zone - 10/22/23 05:44 PM

For spinning / finesse fishing you can't beat Big Game 10-12 lb test. ...Like you, I tried them all...
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Lost in the Fishing Line Twilight Zone - 10/22/23 07:25 PM

respooling half of my reels with this, excellent line that I have used before.

we used pline cxx 20# in costa rica for tarpon up to 200# plus.

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/P-Line_C21_Copolymer_Fishing_Line/descpage-PC21.html
Posted By: Old Tracker

Re: Lost in the Fishing Line Twilight Zone - 10/23/23 12:11 AM

Izorline XXX copolymer, available on-line at Cabelas
Posted By: Lee Finlay

Re: Lost in the Fishing Line Twilight Zone - 10/23/23 01:13 AM

I believe fluorocarbon is overrated for most bass fishing applications. If you’re cheap like me, you don’t want to spend the extra money on the most disposable part of your setup. I’ve found that McCoy mean green and Sufix advanced copolymer are my favorite brands.

P-Line CX Premium isn’t abrasion resistant enough, and CXX was too stiff. Both stretched WAY too much. Yo-Zuri was pretty good except the stretch. I often felt like I needed to set the hook again just to make sure.

Both McCoy and Sufix advanced feel like limp fluorocarbon to me. Sure there is stretch, but I feel confident in my hooksets, even with jigs and Texas rigs.
Posted By: J-Moe

Re: Lost in the Fishing Line Twilight Zone - 10/23/23 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Jiggy wid it
I have been using Yozuri copolymer for quite a while. I really like it. I bought some McCoys a while back and liked it also.

Plus 1 on Yozuri. Its limp and very memory resistant
Posted By: bassnman

Re: Lost in the Fishing Line Twilight Zone - 10/23/23 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by J-Moe
Originally Posted by Jiggy wid it

Plus 1 on Yozuri. Its limp and very memory resistant

Plus 2 on Yozuri. 15 lb is perfect. 20 lb starts getting stiff especially in cold weather. I don't think they make it in 17 lb.
Posted By: basscaster46

Re: Lost in the Fishing Line Twilight Zone - 10/27/23 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Old Tracker
Izorline XXX copolymer, available on-line at Cabelas

Is it abrasion resistant and is it limp?
Posted By: Old Tracker

Re: Lost in the Fishing Line Twilight Zone - 10/27/23 09:43 PM

I believe so, I’ve used it for several years now, mostly bass fishing. Lots of reviews Amazon.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Lost in the Fishing Line Twilight Zone - 10/31/23 04:33 PM

Braid mainline to five foot copolymer leader solves all problems....nothing is perfect, put it's as close to ideal for me.

Yozuri hybrid
Pline CXX
Posted By: Coolarrow

Re: Lost in the Fishing Line Twilight Zone - 10/31/23 07:24 PM

I picked up a spool of the Yo Zuri from Academy. Going to give it a try. I’ve been a Big Game and Seaguar Invizx user for several years. I got the 15 lb spool. It’s .016. Big Game is .015 and Invizx is .014. All pretty close to the same diameter. I’ll see how it feels this weekend.
Posted By: Coolarrow

Re: Lost in the Fishing Line Twilight Zone - 11/20/23 04:39 PM

Well I like the Yo Zuri line.. I spooled my trap/ crank rod with the 15 lb test and it fishes well. Abrasion resistance is good and the line feels good. I can feel the bites good and memory doesn’t seem bad so far.
Posted By: TXanalogkd

Re: Lost in the Fishing Line Twilight Zone - 11/20/23 07:43 PM

I like using mono; Andie 12 # test, and it's been hard to find. So far, I really like P Line and it feels a lot smoother than Andie.
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Lost in the Fishing Line Twilight Zone - 11/21/23 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by Lowly Net Boy
Pretty much have tried every line known to man except kite string, not a big fan of mono, but it does have it uses, Fluorocarbon, ok I guess, but too expensive for my taste, Braid, well its Braid, I still use Power Pro some.
I'm a big fan of Copolymer, back when I could get Silver Thread it was great, so here's the question, is there a good copolymer line that comes in 12,15,17,20 lb test and is pretty similar to Silver Thread AN 40. Thanks Guys

Tried em all? Go to Temu. They have several that you probably haven't even heard of! Ha! roflmao
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum